NeoPsion 55 and 10 Implant decay tests

Bones

Elite
In the Refrigerator, Behind the Mayonnaise, Next t
Society
Skillin Villains
Bare BareBones Bones
NeoPsion 55 decay results

This was a very limited test , but I tested the results several times over on each test to verify my findings.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First test

Chip - First Gen Electro VII Chip

Implant - NeoPsion 55 Implant

Chip decay - 4.019 pec

Implant decay - 0.081 pec ( pre VU 12.7 decay is stated @ .577 pec on entropedia)

4.019 + 0.081 = 4.10 pec decay per shot , which is the decay stated in entropedia for this chip without implant.

Summary - 2% implant reduction for this chip would be 0.081 pec per shot , which means the NeoPsion 55 negates the previous stated implant decay.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second test

This test has been edited out of the thread , as you will read further on that I failed to see that the TT implant only has 21.99 TT value which skewed my results terribly.

Summary - Dont post test results while sleep deprived

I have found that different chips will give different implant decay numbers , I will post numbers for some of my other chips at a later date if time permits.

Bones

Last edited:
Shouldn't the implant decay be the same no matter which implant, if the same chip is used? :scratch2:

I agree with Nighthawk.

Higher implants only allows you to use higher level chips, or? :scratch2:

Shouldn't the implant decay be the same no matter which implant, if the same chip is used? :scratch2:

Should it? I guess more testing is needed. I'm curious how this effects various levels of TP chips.

I agree with Nighthawk.

Higher implants only allows you to use higher level chips, or? :scratch2:

no that is no longer the case

Mindforce Update & Rebalance
Mindforce Implants now have a new parameter - Implant Deterioration - which determines the percentage of Mindforce Chip decay that is absorbed by the Mindforce Implant. The former static decay amount for Mindforce Implants has been removed.

This was a very limited test , but I tested the results several times over on each test to verify my findings.

First test

Implant - NeoPsion 55 Implant

Chip decay - 4.019 pec

Implant decay - 0.081 pec ( pre VU 12.7 decay is stated @ .577 pec on entropedia)

4.019 + 0.081 = 4.10 pec decay per shot , which is the decay stated in entropedia for this chip without implant.

Summary - 2% implant reduction for this chip would be 0.081 pec per shot , which means the NeoPsion 55 negates the previous stated implant decay.

Second test

Implant - NeoPsion 10 Implant (TT implant)

Chip decay - 4.019 pec

Implant decay - 1.081 pec ( pre VU 12.7 decay is stated @ .457 pec on entropedia)

4.019 + 1.081 = 5.090 pec decay per shot

Summary - NeoPsion 10 Implant gives a 136.5% implant decay increase to previous entropedia implant decay numbers , even after the 2% implant to chip reduction.

I have found that different chips will give different implant decay numbers , I will post numbers for some of my other chips at a later date if time permits.

Bones

If your test is right (i mean you did everything ok) then it seems that the Neopsion 10 has wrong 1pec extra decay (that should not be there). After this update each implant should decay exactly the same amount if used with same chip. All implants have 2% absorbtion.

Falagor
:bandit:

Mindforce Implants now have a new parameter - Implant Deterioration - which determines the percentage of Mindforce Chip decay that is absorbed by the Mindforce Implant. The former static decay amount for Mindforce Implants has been removed.

Thing is all the implants show the same - Implant Deterioration - , all show 2%.

So i figured same thing all would have same decay, but bigger implants allowing better chips to be used.

Probably a mistake in item descriptions, or could be error in implimentation of new system .

Does look a hefty difference though

If your test is right (i mean you did everything ok) then it seems that the Neopsion 10 has wrong 1pec extra decay (that should not be there). After this update each implant should decay exactly the same amount if used with same chip. All implants have 2% absorbtion.

Falagor

This is true each implant should decay excaclty the same ammount if used with same chip, at least my tests came out the same.

Thing is all the implants show the same
- Implant Deterioration - all show 2%. bigger implants allowing better chips to be used.
Does look a hefty difference though
Interesting observation...

Ofc that is still the case, the higher your level in MF profession the higher lvl chips U can use, meaning you would need a bigger implant to use the chip, nothing has changed about that.
However the only difference now is that all implants decay the same 2% of the used chip.

To the OP:

Like i thought - you did the test wrong :laugh:.

NeoPsion Implant has max TT 21.99 so yourpobably did not considered this into your calulations.

I did the test and implant 55 decays the same amount as 10 for cryogenic attack chip II (L) (0.026pec).

Everything works fine - each implant seem to decay 2% from my tests.

Falagor

Interesting observation...

By hefty difference i mean ofc the op's decay test 1.081 ped to 0.081 pec, just looks wrong. Would be worth doing tests on all the implants to see if others have 0.081 pec decay and tt implant is odd one out.

As all say 2% in description i thought would also all be same decay tbh.

Double post due to lagging :)

Last edited:
By hefty difference i mean ofc the op's decay test 1.081 ped to 0.081 pec, just looks wrong. Would be worth doing tests on all the implants to see if others have 0.081 pec decay and tt implant is odd one out.

As all say 2% in description i thought would also all be same decay tbh.

Agreed 0.081 appears too convenient. a number and perhaps way too high:)

implant decay should be the same no matter what implant you use for the same chip decay, at least if you trust MA's tool tips.

Is it not possible that the 2% rule is the flaw in this, meaning possibly it is the static that was removed and that text shouldnt be there since now they are suppose to vary with the chip according to the vu notes

and i personally believe that absorbed was the wrong word used in this description. I do not believe there is any absorbtion goin on. That needs clarification from MA. But as it stands atm, I would assume that the word that should have been used to be..........Dealt to the MF Implant.......... or cost charged to the implant........ect. I think you get my meaning.

Now, if the case were that absorbtion is correct and valid, then when new implants come with higher absorbtion rates, this may act as an amp for MF.. Like an eco amp to make the chip last.

Is it not possible that the 2% rule is the flaw in this, meaning possibly it is the static that was removed and that text shouldnt be there since now they are suppose to vary with the chip according to the vu notes

and i personally believe that absorbed was the wrong word used in this description. I do not believe there is any absorbtion goin on. That needs clarification from MA. But as it stands atm, I would assume that the word that should have been used to be..........Dealt to the MF Implant.......... or cost charged to the implant........ect. I think you get my meaning.

Now, if the case were that absorbtion is correct and valid, then when new implants come with higher absorbtion rates, this may act as an amp for MF.. Like an eco amp to make the chip last.

It works as described - tested with few mindforce chips and with three implants 10, 30 and 55. The absorbtion is 2% value of decay on the chip. Result is: the chip decays 98% of previous value (before this update), and implant decays 2%.

If there will be new chips with higher % value then for sure they will be saving markup on chips. That is how it wokrs now.

Falagor

To the OP:

Like i thought - you did the test wrong :laugh:.

NeoPsion Implant has max TT 21.99 so yourpobably did not considered this into your calulations.

I did the test and implant 55 decays the same amount as 10 for cryogenic attack chip II (L) (0.026pec).

Everything works fine - each implant seem to decay 2% from my tests.

Falagor

All good :), so all chips decay same amount.

All good :), so all chips decay same amount.

Yes and only usefullnes of 55 comapred to 10 is that they are needed for bigger chip. So anyone who wants to be mindforce user should get 55 one ;)

Falagor

Yes and only usefullnes of 55 comapred to 10 is that they are needed for bigger chip. So anyone who wants to be mindforce user should get 55 one ;)

Falagor

:)

Price skyrocketed on them already otherwise I would have gotten me one!!!

First of all, it wasn't possible to use First Gen Electro VII Chip with 10-implant with the previous system, you'd need at least 20. So it seems reasonable that while MA allowed to use that combination now, they made it less eco.

First of all, it wasn't possible to use First Gen Electro VII Chip with 10-implant with the previous system, you'd need at least 20. So it seems reasonable that while MA allowed to use that combination now, they made it less eco.

What are you implying?

That it is possible to use First Gen Electro Chip VII with a Neopsion 10 implant??

And what is LESS eco? It is way way more eco now to go hunt with MF :wise:

To me it seems you totally misunderstanding what is going on.

What are you implying?

That it is possible to use First Gen Electro Chip VII with a Neopsion 10 implant??

Implying? Re-read the OP post, his second test is about using VII with 10 :)

Yes, it seems now any implants work with any chips, but it's up to you to find right combinations eco-wise.

Yes, it seems now any implants work with any chips, but it's up to you to find right combinations eco-wise.

Re-read other responses in this thread - the OP made mistake during the test. All implants decay the same amount and decay is proportional to chip decay you use.

@edit:
also 10 implant alowed using First Gen electric Lev VII chip before this update. Rec level for it is lev 10... so... nothing has changed here.

Falagor

Ok you are on to something indeed :laugh:

In space now but this I really want to test out myself because if not possible the whole test is flawed :laugh:

Ok checked on Entropedia the chip OP had used, recomended lvl is 10 so it is usable with Neopsion 10
However:

Your current Mindforce implant cannot handle this Mindforce chip.
Please check that the chip's Required Profession Level doesn't
exceed the Implant's Max Profession Level.

I got this message when inserted Neopsion 10 trying to equip Cryogenic attack chip VI.

Ok checked on Entropedia the chip OP had used, recomended lvl is 10 so it is usable with Neopsion 10
However:

Your current Mindforce implant cannot handle this Mindforce chip.
Please check that the chip's Required Profession Level doesn't
exceed the Implant's Max Profession Level.

I got this message when inserted Neopsion 10 trying to equip Cryogenic attack chip VI.

Cuz recomended level is 16 ;)

The First Gen series have really low recomened levels so they are exceptions from other chips.

Falagor

Cuz recomended level is 16 ;)

The First Gen series have really low recomened levels so they are exceptions from other chips.

Falagor

Yes I know but Mr. Svarog had me doubting myself here since he said it is now possible to use a Neopsion 10 with a high end chip :rolleyes:;):laugh:

Back