time to loot?

Status

maxwellhawk

Prowler
Society
Damage Inc.
max hawk phoenix
It used to be if you got killed after killing a mob there was a certain time period before your loot would disappear; however I experienced that scenario today and the loot was gone before I returned. It was a very short distance from the rt so time wasn't an issue - but after reviving the loot was no longer there. Has the loot time been decreased or what, don't know for sure what it used to be but if you were within a reasonable distance from the loot spot you would have plenty of time to make it back to loot.

I too have the impression that in the past dead mobs took longer to vanish.

:scratch:

They have always rotted pretty fast in Entropia. If you aren't right next to a tp when you die, you are pretty much outa luck.

Im not sure how long they last offhand. You could go time a turrent kill and that should be the same length i think... (Id go do it for the hell of it, but this computer isnt patched and it wont finish anytime soon heh)

While hunting today I saw this happen to someone nearby...the dead mob disappeared in about 30 seconds I'd guess.

That would be really crappy if they did that. So, it's probably true. I'd like to know though.

Timer on being able to loot a dead mob used to be about 3 minutes after it was killed. But who knows what MA could have screwed up and will call it intentional if you do a support. lol

The time is exact 3 minutes.
A mob killed by a turret disappears faster.

Turrent is exactly 60 seconds, and ya 3 minutes sounds about right for a lootable mob, but im not going to go waste a mob to time it!

It could have been worse...

oldatroxcarcass.jpg

p.s.
There was also this "You awere killed by the mad(?) Warrior carcass" screenshot...but I cant find it :'(

I checked in rookie chat and they said 5 minutes. But you know how rookie chat is. So I healed up and drove my valkyrie hoping to survive 6 seconds of atrax aggro in full armor, instead of using my quad or teleportation. The loot was there after 95 seconds but not after 180 seconds.

it used to be 3 minutes. No clue when they changed it, if they did.

Tested just today with a few mobs because someone called me out that 3 min is wrong :). Exactly 3 min still.

You people do realize that this thread was started almost 8 years, that is 8 years ago. Does anyone think we have had any changes is the game since this thread was started.

Not being a smart ass but just saying ......

They really should allow you to loot the creatures manually if you die, without autoloot pill.
And it would be nice if you die, the mob doesn't regen until you get back, (it stops the regen if there's nobody on radar currently).

You people do realize that this thread was started almost 8 years, that is 8 years ago. Does anyone think we have had any changes is the game since this thread was started.

Not being a smart ass but just saying ......

You are just saying that you want to ignore history and have any thread over 3 days locked, yes, we get it... you want new folks to be ignorant of things that happened in the past so they can stick their heads in the sand like you, correct?

Bollocks, seriously that necro... And I failed to spot that. :laugh:

put it on a timer... loot 100% in first 5 seconds, then incrementally decrease amount of TT return every second after that... use the losses to increase global amounts. Bet everyone will start going melee. ;)

Wait more than the time that is currently allowed and your avatar no longer can loot it but others can for a time frame of 30 seconds.

Last edited:
Please do not bump 8 year old threads without a very good reason.

Forum Rules said:
3.5 - Necroposting
Pointlessly bumping of dormant, inactive threads causes confusion for other members and visitors who may not notice the original thread post date. A thread is considered inactive if there have been no replies in the last four (4) months. Posting in an inactive thread is strongly discouraged, unless there is a very good reason for reactivating the thread. If you feel an issue or topic from an inactive thread deserves renewed discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum or subforum.

:locked:

Status
Back