No More Saved Beauty in Genesis

KlowN

Stalker
Krevorn KlowN Tzavask
Ok, well...

Complained about it a lot, mentioned it in threads, etc. Now I am going to make this thread and be persistent like in the Beauty Bug thread (https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?221393-Beauty-Bug) until something is done...I won't give up MA, so you need to give in ;).

Anyways, here's what i'm asking:

A while back, when a new player started...during their avatar creation, they could choose from basic beauty styles (example: Hair Styles 1-10). This was basically equivalent to what a player starting out in beauty has unlocked (example: a Level 1 Hair Stylist can do styles 1-10 (more styles are unlocked as they level up)). Nowadays, new players start out of the gate with green mohawks, cat eyes, pink hair style #34s, blue spikes, etc etc etc.

Long story short, MA took 99% of the beauty profession's customers away.

For those that aren't too aware of the beauty professions...as we skill up, it doesn't increase our success chances, or anything like that. Those are determined by the amount of materials we use. All skilling up for us does is unlock new hair styles/sculpting procedures/iris colors/etc etc etc. So all in all, beauty stylists have spent years and $1000(0)'s to unlock these things, just for MA to say screw it and give it all out for free.

The reason I said "Long story short, MA took 99% of the beauty profession's customers away," (if it's not obvious already lol) is due to majority of our customers were newish avatars that wanted those cool styles that they couldn't get for free (of course), but now since everyone starts with everything, they get their dream look in EU without even 1 visit to the beauty salon...rendering us nearly useless to put it simply.

We persevere through the bugs you take forever to fix, the dull same old system you never cared to change (I know there is a roadmap time for an updated one, but we aren't told what all it will be about, let alone...it's a MA roadmap lol), but this is just nonsense. We've dealt with it for a while, but it's getting old...this is a huge kick in the teeth. Give us our business back - Change avatar creation to the way it was before...balanced with the beginning beauty stylist.

Wish MA does something for beauticians. Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe there will be big changes when they bring in the new avatar system :)

Yup, they took at least 90% of the customers away :) Which technically destroyed the profession and its usefullness...

I'm going to have to agree here, that profession has been hit hard with the redo your avatar for free a while ago and all the new starting styles for beginning avatars.

It should have been kept as base styles only during avatar creation and only way to ever change your ava is via another within the game.

I'm going to have to agree here, that profession has been hit hard with the redo your avatar for free a while ago and all the new starting styles for beginning avatars.

It should have been kept as base styles only during avatar creation and only way to ever change your ava is via another within the game.

:) At least you agree on this one with me (I also talked about this proffesion in "Game systems getting destroyed") :)

When I made my avatar in 2010 I choosed the #34 haircut (F) so this was posible back then also

Then changed that haircut in you sallon for a #11 or so:)) now I want #34 back

Hey, at least you aren't a Tamer

:rolleyes:

Ty for the support guys

As far as the new avatar system...I have a strong feeling it won't do anything for us, probably will be just converting the rest of the avatar body (remember how a few select hair styles were made before) into cryengine2. Along with that, they can't just say, well this upperarm size is now this one and that is now that etc etc, they will give everyone another free change, so we won't be needed again lol (not that i'm complaining about these few random free changes for everyone, I understand you can't go from one engine to another without recreating things, my main frustration is giving everything to every new avatar like in the OP). The one thing we did hear was tattoos, but that was just in a radio interview, may never happen, let alone may not affect beauty at all, could be a completely new make-up system, in which is just another thing to add on to the list of services to provide, doesn't fix a current service (beauty).

And nope, i'm not a tamer...lol, but (DISCLAIMER:this may piss off some tamers lol) at least there is hope that the taming system will return in an EPIC comeback (not that hard to be honest, I mean before the whole profession was just creating living billboards to sit in hubs lol), with beauty it was a great service that MA deliberately screwed over.

Anyways, appreciate all your responses :) Bump some more :wtg:

Hairstyling was a small but a great part of the economy:

- Hunters hunted mobs for the beauty materials (hairstylist happy)
- Hairstylist bought materials for a certain % (hunters happy)
- A player could choose from 35 hairstyles from which 30 were only available from hairstylers (5 at the creation process) (player happy)
- Materials were lost in the process = decay for MA (MA happy)
- People paid for the service -> motivation for the hairstylist to get better => more decay (everyone happy)

WHY, would MA ever want to change a perfectly working system? :) I just dont get it...

Up with it again! :)

save the beauty proffession:wtg:

Ruining a system that worked = MA :)

Bump for Change

Change is what this profession needs for it to actually be useful :)

I agree in general with what you're saying (that the beauty profession should continue to have a use).

First, I think a good number of players don't even alter the random appearance of their avatar at Genesis. These, if they keep playing, are good candidates for beauty work.

Second, I think an avatar should be allowed to choose the entire normal range of facial/body shapes and colors at Genesis, but I agree that there could be a reduced number of hairstyles. I also believe that the starting hairstyles MUST look good, even if they are basic... otherwise people won't like their avatars and won't get into the game as much.

To be honest, I think it's a higher priority for people to be able to make their avatars look great out of the starting gate than it is a priority to support the beauty profession.... retaining players is critical to the game's survival. A lot of new players won't even give the game a chance if they're forced to have a crappy looking avatar and find out the only way to get a normal looking avatar is to pay extra (unless the beauty fee is very low, as in like 10 peds).

I don't know what the new avatar system will involve, but perhaps the beauty profession could include things like tattoos, alien races, body piercings, nail polish, and of course exotic hairstyles.

Up, but I do agree with some points Neil made :)

I agree in general with what you're saying (that the beauty profession should continue to have a use).

First, I think a good number of players don't even alter the random appearance of their avatar at Genesis. These, if they keep playing, are good candidates for beauty work.

Second, I think an avatar should be allowed to choose the entire normal range of facial/body shapes and colors at Genesis, but I agree that there could be a reduced number of hairstyles. I also believe that the starting hairstyles MUST look good, even if they are basic... otherwise people won't like their avatars and won't get into the game as much.

To be honest, I think it's a higher priority for people to be able to make their avatars look great out of the starting gate than it is a priority to support the beauty profession.... retaining players is critical to the game's survival. A lot of new players won't even give the game a chance if they're forced to have a crappy looking avatar and find out the only way to get a normal looking avatar is to pay extra (unless the beauty fee is very low, as in like 10 peds).

I don't know what the new avatar system will involve, but perhaps the beauty profession could include things like tattoos, alien races, body piercings, nail polish, and of course exotic hairstyles.

rainbow tentacle hair?

Back