Entire NI Staff let go. New Direction.

Interesting to watch the prices of NI-stuff. E.g. Archons were below +500 before the news and now are well above +1k. People are stocking up souvenirs :)

Seriously, if the dude is looking for investors shouldn't he at least be able to spend some time to spell the sentence right?

Seriously, if the dude is looking for investors shouldn't he at least be able to spend some time to spell the sentence right?

A previous tweet reads : "What cable news show would YOU like to see cover Next island? CNN or Fox Nebs? ", so i guess the answer is "no".

Exactly. Text looks like a scam.

Interesting to watch the prices of NI-stuff. E.g. Archons were below +500 before the news and now are well above +1k. People are stocking up souvenirs :)

It was never below 1k and it is now even higher as cacoxenite ( an ingredient used to craft archons) has stopped dropping ( or become a rare in the least). Prices of these amazing swords can only go up from here.

As for the OP link and the tweet, very unprofessional to say the least in the way he has worded.

A previous tweet reads : "What cable news show would YOU like to see cover Next island? CNN or Fox Nebs? ", so i guess the answer is "no".

A surprise he has been so successful in the past then, arent the cable "nebs" the last people you market too, after you have exhausted all the other methods and you cant get any more of the "natural" customers for games to sign up? How many years of success did people like rockstar games or blizzard/wow have before they turned to television? :)

This David Post twitter account is linking people to places on nextisland.com, and avg still says threats were detected in the last 7 days, 5 comprimised pages. Last reported threat activity: 6 Aug, Black Hole Explopit Kit. http://www.avgthreatlabs.com/sitereports/domain/nextisland.com

Is that one definately his account? If so, perhaps its been hacked. If not, this is very concerning.

Im not going to visit the site because i dont trust it, nor have any virtual machine setup to safely test the website. But either way, this just makes entropia look very bad.

How can the CEO of a company not know his website is infected for so long after it being spoke about everywhere, and still add new content to this website and link people to it? WTF

Doing that, makes you question the unlikely situation where the NI company is deliberately distributing virus's. I mean theres been no support news about it warning people about whats going on, and telling us whats being done about it. If you ever wanted one awesome way to reduce the games new player flow to near zero, this would be it.

I mean, what the...

Last edited:
This David Post twitter account is linking people to places on nextisland.com, and avg still says threats were detected in the last 7 days, 5 comprimised pages. Last reported threat activity: 6 Aug, Black Hole Explopit Kit. http://www.avgthreatlabs.com/sitereports/domain/nextisland.com

Is that one definately his account? If so, perhaps its been hacked. If not, this is very concerning.

Im not going to visit the site because i dont trust it, nor have any virtual machine setup to safely test the website.

considering people with many different antivirus programs report that visiting the sites throws up a warning i'm not sure how much a threat it really is, i had a good look around the site(s) after the news broke and my free antivirus blocked a few things, it gives it something to do for a change, its not like the real danger is from threats that are detected, i think its a bit like wearing a condom and then not doing anything, where is the fun in that :p

Ah, Fox Nebs, both Fare and Beelenced.

i just meant to say, with my tongue in my cheek, that if you are going to judge a planet by the decay it causes you NI is not some especially bad case.
How big % of the total decay is armor? Average 3%-6%?
The bulk of the decay that hits your wallet is always weapons.

On CP you have mobs with regen rates up to 19, mobs that always hit you.
Caly is full of high regen mobs.
On NI, however, mobs have no regen.

But somehow it goes unnoticed. Then there's this odd boar or monkey that hits you at revival and ppl decide "Oh wow, this is a planet of high decay!"

Oh well, if ppl want to get robbed, are happy when they get robbed and refuse any other way, why stop them? :silly2:

cute781217 Oh you are still here, some update regarding the situation of NI please.
NextIslandCGO All inquires need to be directed to David Post at david@nextisland.com. I really can not comment on anything. Sorry.

cute781217 Or can you at least say if you are still work for next island/ David post?

NextIslandCGO
I currently am not being paid by David Post or by Nextisland to do anything. So a simple answer is no.. I am not with NI anymore. On a side note I am still trying to help and fix some issues. I really can not say anymore.. and once again all inquires need to be directed to D. Post at the email I supplied you with in the below posting.
http://www.nextislandforum.com/members/nextislandcgo.1810/#profile-post-145
Little update from NI CGO
Interpret it yourself.

Just going to drop this out there and let the speculation begin.
David Posts facebook account had at least two people who had access to it, one of those people was David, the other was someone who no longer works for him. I am wondering if maybe the viruses and the bad tweets are just an immature, pissed off former employee trying to cause shit. I of coarse have no proof of that, just speculating.
Anyone elses thoughts? Just seems like a mighty coincidence.

David Posts facebook account had at least two people who had access to it, one of those people was David, the other was someone who no longer works for him. I am wondering if maybe the viruses and the bad tweets are just an immature, pissed off former employee trying to cause shit. I of coarse have no proof of that, just speculating.

duh......

Of course it was him and this recent démarche is just an attempt to clear himself after MA asked for explanations. The twitter is essentially his business tool and he hadn't checked it for 2 months while someone else was posting there, seriously?

Or he really hadn't, which only raises more questions.

Last edited:

I thought i we had this discussion in another thread?
you have no evidence to make these serious allegations against the previous employees and when i challenged you about this you back-pedalled and denied you were making accusations:

I told you I had no evidence for my "accusation" because I wasn't making an accusation.

Well you see, their is no one to manage the site, like I already said(dev staff being fired, same dev staff that made and managed the site). So hardly surprising that the issue has not been delt with yet.(hence, not surprised)

so now you have gone from not accusing the previous employees of infecting the NI website with trojans, even though the infection started some time before the firing, to accusing them of hacking his twitter feed.
you do understand if there was any chance this was true that it would be trivial for Mr Post to have this looked into and any ex employee would be in serious trouble?
how about we do something that is normal when someone comes up with a wild conspiracy theory and apply occams razor, the simplest explanation is the most likely one?
the infection of the NI site was most likely caused by either a rogue advertisement from a offsite service or due to a poorly configured website, low staffing/morale is the reason this went unnoticed or was not dealt with in a timely manner, poor management oversight could be a contributing factor.
and the tweets, i see no difference in tone or style (right down to the poor spelling) between the "hacked" mr. post or the "real" mr post, they both posted the same links to the NI site.
We have a "developer" and investor who has sunk large amounts of money into a project that seems to be in serious trouble, he is probably upset/angry about this, as in his own words this was fulfilling a childhood dream, he wouldnt be the first person to be dangerously close to a twitter-enabled phone while "hacking" a bottle of whiskey?

those are my thoughts :p

Sad news, but as other have said, no surprise if NI have problems. EU will never be able to support this many planets if the player base don't start increasing. NI och Rocktropia will be the planets that will have problems first.

I dont think it was MA:s ide to be able to support this many planets it was more like that this new planets would do what MA fails and i was to get more customers to the game so the planets would be able to supply MA.:wise:

I thought i we had this discussion in another thread?
you have no evidence to make these serious allegations against the previous employees and when i challenged you about this you back-pedalled and denied you were making accusations:

so now you have gone from not accusing the previous employees of infecting the NI website with trojans, even though the infection started some time before the firing, to accusing them of hacking his twitter feed.
you do understand if there was any chance this was true that it would be trivial for Mr Post to have this looked into and any ex employee would be in serious trouble?
how about we do something that is normal when someone comes up with a wild conspiracy theory and apply occams razor, the simplest explanation is the most likely one?
the infection of the NI site was most likely caused by either a rogue advertisement from a offsite service or due to a poorly configured website, low staffing/morale is the reason this went unnoticed or was not dealt with in a timely manner, poor management oversight could be a contributing factor.
and the tweets, i see no difference in tone or style (right down to the poor spelling) between the "hacked" mr. post or the "real" mr post, they both posted the same links to the NI site.
We have a "developer" and investor who has sunk large amounts of money into a project that seems to be in serious trouble, he is probably upset/angry about this, as in his own words this was fulfilling a childhood dream, he wouldnt be the first person to be dangerously close to a twitter-enabled phone while "hacking" a bottle of whiskey?

those are my thoughts :p

Actually it was our last conversation that made me think of this. As I said that time, I wasn't making an accusation, although you got me thinking about it. And I thought, "hey, maybe". So now I am speculating, but like I said, I have no proof. I have my suspicion as to who it would be, but I wouldn't dream of naming them without proof.
Occams razor; Someone is pissed off at David. :)

Anyway, like I said, I have no evidence, I haven't named anyone, so I'd call it suspicion. And you very well can suspect something without proof, you just need proof to make the accusation. I simply posted to see what others think. Maybe someone can corroborate my suspicions. That is after all what you do if you have a suspicion, you ask if anyone can add to it.

I would be more intrested in acctual news bout this. Been almost a month now and kinda scary that nothing more has been said then everybody is fired NI is well just sitting there.

I dont think it was MA:s ide to be able to support this many planets it was more like that this new planets would do what MA fails and i was to get more customers to the game so the planets would be able to supply MA.:wise:

Yes, you are correct. It's the planet partners that should put more effort and resources to try to bring in more players to their own planet. But at the same time many see EU as one entity, MA promoting EU and the planet partners promoting their planets is a good solution to dived the promoting cost between MA and the planet partners.

It's pretty bad that we can't get some more official word about what's happening with NI...

Back