Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    George Ace Skywalker
    Society
    Guess Who
    Blog Entries
    Images

Mid to top end Armour and weapon prices

I've been wondering about this for some time i.e. what the price of mid range to top end armour and weapons is likely to be in the not so distant future.

Considering price is mostly controlled by MA as they control drop rates and stats of items, the question then is where they want prices to be?

If MA are really gearing up for a mass expansion of the player base, what would they want prices to be at?

Bear in mind we now have multiple planets. Any of which could release items with remarkable stats. These would obviously have an impact on existing prices. If calypso the sensible PP can release modified shadow then it shows to me we are likely to have even better item drops from other PP's who are not doing so well.

Anyway how about a scenario like this:

Armour
    Angel - 10k-12K full set
    Protector of empire - 12k-16k full set
    Chronicle - 16k - 20k full set
    Supremacy - 20k - 50k full set

Weapons
    Modified merc - 50k -70k

What we have to bear in mind is MindArk are unlikely to have a sudden change but more likely to have a gradual change. A gradual change would be least upsetting to existing players. To me it seems we are gradually heading towards the above scenario.

Would mod merc still be king of weapons? or will it be trumped by something else a new type of weapon? Perhaps the release of modified shadow is a precursor to bigger changes ahead...

Elite
    Mini MiniM Mine
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Interesting. Subscribing.

Interesting topic: it certainly seems prices are still on a downward trend - yesterday being a prime example - 'improved angel female thigh' going for +3500, when the 'standard female angel thigh' has sold for +4000 in the previous 12 months.

Provider
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Society
    Deagleteam
    Images
    I like the general idea of a drop in prices on certain items. However, the "problem" will always be that in a game where you can pay money to become "better", there will always be people willing and able, to pay high amounts of money for high-end armors and weapons, such as angel/shadow/supremacy/mm/imk2 etc etc.

Having that in mind, prices will remain at the level where enough people with enough money can pay what the sellers are asking for.
    For example. Prices have dropped A lot during the last years. When EU had it's best days. Prices were insane, up to the point where you had to be filthy rich to be able to buy the best items. Prices, have since then, dropped quite a bit which is a good thing, but they will always remain at what people are willing to pay for them.

And as you pointed out, it's really MA that decides where these prices should be at. IF they were to drop another 10 sets of shadow and angel, prices would either drop a lot. Or, the wealthiest players in game would buy all the sets and push prices up again. But since that won't happened, one can only speculate

Great thread!

Edit: Another thing i just thought of, is the fact that MA has sort of painted themselves into a corner regarding high-end items.
    We all know that MA receives their main income ingame from decay. The problem here is that alot of items in game are designed to generate very little decay, modfap/imk2 etc. So releasing more of this kind of items mean that MA will generate less profit and in the end, someone will sell one of these and cash out.

Another problem is the fact that players are in general getting more and more skilled. Which means that they get more hp, hunt more effective and so on. The trend with "fappers" are very high and since most fappers use either imp/mod-fap. The decay MA is receiving is very low. When players get more hp, they can use alot of cheap armors like gremlin which is cheap to repair and still hunt big creatures like eomons etc. Now, i know that this is not a general thing and not everyone is doing it. But the problem still remains. There will come a time when more and more players are able to do this which means that MA will generate less income from decay, because everyone is hunting less expensive. So in the long run, it means that it's getting harder and harder to interest people in a game that basically says "You either have to spend ALOT of time in game and/or pay A LOT of money to get good items". It's hard to attract new players with that kind of mentality

End of long post!
    Last edited by Swartalf; 07-22-2012 at 13:06.

Stalker
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Christer toad Johansson
    Society
    Deagleteam
    Images
    I cant belive that people still think that MA ONLY makes money from decay and that they would get less income from imp/mod stuff uses, MA is like any other buissness, they get x amount in and takes y% from that as their icome for costs no matter what items we use, it has nothing to do with decay.

Clytemnestra Darksteel
    Society
    Darksteel Enterprises
    Blog Entries
    Images

I don't think volume of skilled players is a problem for MA

I think that the more people who are in fact doing okay in EU will be a powerful driver to have more and more people come to PLAY the game, and they will be starting at the weaker end of the table.

And I think a larger volume of average players (even if they have lower return per person) is a better business model for MA than a smaller pool of massively wealthy players.
    __
    " Where there is a Will, there is a Way "

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Xaph
    Society
    Antipodean Army
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cly View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think that the more people who are in fact doing okay in EU will be a powerful driver to have more and more people come to PLAY the game, and they will be starting at the weaker end of the table.

And I think a larger volume of average players (even if they have lower return per person) is a better business model for MA than a smaller pool of massively wealthy players.
    Your not wrong !
    Heaps of mids will expend more than a nub to a point.
    Above mids they will expend a higher damage/lower skill gain....
    C:\Users\Dad\Pictures\Animated signature - Xaph ( final rendering with embed codes ).gif

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Kimmi Kimmi EFnet
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeSkywalker View Post

Weapons
    Modified merc - 50k -70k
    Please show me where... I will take five.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Society
    GΌĐş Ό₣ ŴαЯ
    Images
    I think George's prices are even too high...Why bother to buy gear for thousands of dollars when all they do is make u loose more peds faster? I would pay that kind of prices if a knew i way to profit with them, but i dont know how Ill much rather go with a SIB gun than MM thats for sure!
    Im gonna take a hot shower, its like a normal shower but with me in it.....

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Xaph
    Society
    Antipodean Army
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Please show me where... I will take five.
    Obscure reply underpinned by the obvious.
    Obscuriety continues....
    C:\Users\Dad\Pictures\Animated signature - Xaph ( final rendering with embed codes ).gif

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast