Paid Subscription Expiry Notice

e-lite

Society
Magnum Opus
Xaero e-lite Cynque
Just received a "Paid Subscription Expiry Notice". Just wanted to openly explain that I am not renewing my paid PCF Subscription until the issues with Titles, Icons and EFD is solved. I have spent real money on the shit loads of EFD/CFD I had and now they are gone until further notice. I made a suggestion on symbolic compensation for this but never received an answer. I see no point in continue paying to contribute.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?223855-Title-icons-cfd-gone

Subscription expired today. It's been almost 5 months and the issue is not fixed. Bumping this thread just as a little reminder.

Just received a "Paid Subscription Expiry Notice". Just wanted to openly explain that I am not renewing my paid PCF Subscription until the issues with Titles, Icons and EFD is solved.

I have explained in several threads the reasons why the CFD system has been disabled, for example:

I still have not found a suitable (i.e. secure and reliable) replacement for the forum add-on that powered the old CFD system.

Until such an add-on system can be implemented and tested, the CFD system will remain on hold. However, rest assured that all members' CFD balances are stored safely in the forum database.

The current PCF Premium Membership system is completely separate from the CFD system; none of the Premium Member features offer any special CFD permissions of bonuses.

In other words, the suspension of the CFD system has not affected the benefits of PCF Premium Memberships in any way.

Of course, if you choose not to renew your Premium Membership because you are unhappy about the suspension of the CFD system due to security and performance concerns, that is your prerogative. However, it should be pointed out that those two systems are completely separate.

I have spent real money on the shit loads of EFD/CFD I had and now they are gone until further notice. I made a suggestion on symbolic compensation for this but never received an answer. I see no point in continue paying to contribute.

The CFD (formerly EFD) system was implemented as a way to reward members for activity and contributions to the forum community, and as a bit of light entertainment for EF (later PCF) members.

While in special cases members were given the option of purchasing EFD for PED when ordering EF Adspace banner campaigns, this conversion never was offered in the other direction (converting CFD to PED or real-world cash). No monetary value was ever assigned to EFD/CFD balances held by members, and no guarantees were ever made that EFD/CFD would be worth anything beyond minor forum bonus features and permissions. If you chose to purchase EFD/CFD from other members for PED or other currencies, that was your own decision.

Stating or implying that you have somehow lost any sort of real-world or PED value due to the current CFD maintenance or any other forum administration activity is thus unfair and inaccurate.

I never said that the EFD/CFD has anything to do with the ”paid subscription” services. Yes, I understand the reason why it was disabled. And no, you did in fact attach a real value to EFD yourself the very same moment you started selling EFD/CFD for PED in-game, so that is a poor excuse. Besides, you have been encouraging trading with EFD/CFD right here on the forum. You also know that some of us have been helping promoting EFD as an accepted currency right next to PED by selling in game items for EFD/CFD instead of PED. Sure I understand that EDF/CFD is a “gimmick” and a made up currency, but so is PED. It’s not a lot of money so I wouldn’t be a nag about it if we could be symbolically compensated for our EFD’s. According to the PED vs EFD rate you have set yourself, (selling the ME in the shop-thingy) the amount of EFD’s I have (had) should be good for a year or two worth of “Customized Subscription” as an example (which is also has a fictive value). You might think this is a small stupid thing to nag about, but you created the value in EFD yourself, and some of us found it a fun sport to collect it and found an actual value to it, so please don’t make this a small thing for the few of us who enjoyed the EFD-fun.

Any news to when EFD and icons are back?

Back