Preview of August 21 release?

Ya for fishing!
But leave taming out, it amuses me how angrey people get over their pixelated pets :)

Ahhh see i thought it was becasue i lost 54 levels of a profession, jesus you post shit mate, why not write your reply then delete the shit ones before you push post, like most of us do.

Since you ask so nicely I just have to give you a little something. We have re-designed the standard atmospheric and lighting settings for all the Calypso areas. So what does that really mean? Well for example we've shortened the day cycle from 5 to 2 hours and the nights have been made a bit less dark so you won't have to play in total darkness anymore.

Day cycles will be changed... ihm... yea... betst VU ever!

Keep on tweaking those days cycles guys, after all it's exactly the feature that separates EU for all other MMO's out there ;)

While I certainly understand your frustration with the delayed implementation of the new taming system please understand that neither I nor anyone else in my team has any say in how the development of the platform is prioritized.

I, like you, want taming to be back into the game and I've been told on many ocasions that its in the pipeline but sometimes development takes longer than expected. Please don't think that taming has been abandoned, it's actually one of the systems I hear people at the office talk the most about and everyone wants to make sure that it becomes a lot of fun to play with.

Finally I wish to say that the lighting changes are but a mere fraction of what goes into this release, the bulk of which is focused on the new player experience with a new startroom and gateway. It actually came into being as a derived work from the lighting settings we did for the gateway that we thought were so good that they should be applied to the rest of Calypso as well.

Kim,

Time to get out the Mega WHIP! :whip:

Kim|Calypso said:
A small update, the earliest possible release for the taming system would be sometime during the fourth quarter of this year but alot could change before then.

Quoted from 2011 - https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...e-news-compensation-anything.html#post2570973

Maybe you guys can do a duo, Taming and Fishing to make everyone happy to make up for the time it has all been down ? How does that sound, I think it is fair ....

Last edited:
Finally I wish to say that the lighting changes are but a mere fraction of what goes into this release, the bulk of which is focused on the new player experience with a new startroom and gateway. It actually came into being as a derived work from the lighting settings we did for the gateway that we thought were so good that they should be applied to the rest of Calypso as well.

nice. all that coming 21 August 2012 right?

While I certainly understand your frustration with the delayed implementation of the new taming system please understand that neither I nor anyone else in my team has any say in how the development of the platform is prioritized.

Fair enough, can you put in a request then, for taming + fishing ? :)

Or is that pushing the friendship a bit far ?

This is a great suggestion. I did in fact write design specifications for a fishing system about a year ago while I was still writing platform systems, maybe some of the ideas from the two plans can be combined.

Keep in mind that an implementation of this is a long, long, time away. Most likely over a year.

A link to get fishing ideas started :)
1> https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?173302-Fishing-The-complete-system
2 > https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...?218192-Fishing-A-new-activity-for-Entropians

Last edited:

I, like you, want taming to be back into the game and I've been told on many ocasions that its in the pipeline but sometimes development takes longer than expected. Please don't think that taming has been abandoned, it's actually one of the systems I hear people at the office talk the most about and everyone wants to make sure that it becomes a lot of fun to play with.

Broken record mate, and i do feel abandoned as do all of us tamers. I also feel ripped off.

Broken record mate, and i do feel abandoned as do all of us tamers. I also feel ripped off.

Thing is, if we didn't give a shit, we wouldn't be pissed off. Those who hang around in hope actually still care for the game. I shudder to think how many ended up not caring enough to even complain, and simply quit.

It will be here sooner or later Butch, like you I loved the taming aspect of PE/EU :)

The hamster responsable for the design of the taming & fishing system should be off feed break soon.

hamster_explode.jpg

Just a little something to cheer you up mate ;)

Last edited:
Since you ask so nicely I just have to give you a little something. We have re-designed the standard atmospheric and lighting settings for all the Calypso areas. So what does that really mean? Well for example we've shortened the day cycle from 5 to 2 hours and the nights have been made a bit less dark so you won't have to play in total darkness anymore.

2 hours of day, you have to be kidding me!!

God i wish we had the option to turn off night and day cycle, i cannot stand nights. And now just two hours of day

Where is the thinking in this? :scratch2:

I would be my hat that night is still damn dark, and now we will get an extra 3 hours of it :(

Rgds

Ace

I usually don`t whine about how this game is done, but Beacons are so worthless, is like they are still a missing system in this game, I hope Taming will not be the same, we waited 2 years for Beacons just to know they SUCK! I hope ppl will not wait for 3yrs+ for Taming and will be a system that is just there to shup ppl mouths like mine. Good day.

2 hours of day, you have to be kidding me!!

God i wish we had the option to turn off night and day cycle, i cannot stand nights. And now just two hours of day

Where is the thinking in this? :scratch2:

I would be my hat that night is still damn dark, and now we will get an extra 3 hours of it :(

Rgds

Ace

Read it again Ace.

It's going from a 5 hr cycle (currently 4 hrs 'day' + 1 hr 'night'), to a 2hr cycle.

If it's the same 80/20 proportion as at present, that makes for about 1hr40min 'day' and about 20min 'night'.

Read it again Ace.

It's going from a 5 hr cycle (currently 4 hrs 'day' + 1 hr 'night'), to a 2hr cycle.

If it's the same 80/20 proportion as at present, that makes for about 1hr40min 'day' and about 20min 'night'.

Ahhh lol i read day cycle as the day light :)

+rep and ty for the heads up

Apologies Kim, i just absolutely hate the night on this laptop

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: and i just realised how incredibly thick i was being, as if there was only 5 hours day light in EU in a 24 hour period. Seems i need to get myself some coffee

Ahhh lol i read day cycle as the day light :)

+rep and ty for the heads up

Apologies Kim, i just absolutely hate the night on this laptop

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: and i just realised how incredibly thick i was being, as if there was only 5 hours day light in EU in a 24 hour period. Seems i need to get myself some coffee

Hey, maybe new night will be only 15 mins ?

5 hour day/night cycles were fine.

Obviously shortening the cycle does nothing to curtail the whining. The folks who whine about day/night simply are afraid of the dark! Boogey man might get them! :laugh:

As a downside now shadows, dusk/dawn, and other attractive features of a longer day/night cycle will be moving at turbo speed.

Planet Calypso. Now with methamphetamines!

Evis in the volcano were fantastic at night i the blood red glow of the lava. Need to take some pics before its hard to catch.

Read it again Ace.

20 mins of night? Sunset then 20mins later sunrise? That's going to look a bit weird. Still, it might work in practice - and be better for those that play for around 2 hours a day.

Im confused, since when did kim and his team have anything to do with taming??!! :scratch2:
Since when did anyone from MA post here more often than once every six months? :)

Cheers Kim,

I saw them in your gallery not long ago, they look great!

Have a good one mate and go light on the beers ! :smoke:

That's amazing, Kim. Nice to see that you put back the signs of the past battle glory, those inspired me a lot in my OJ days :)

That is a new vehicle (or a small privateer hah)? :)

That's amazing, Kim. Nice to see that you put back the signs of the past battle glory, those inspired me a lot in my OJ days :)

There are already several destroyed tanks and helicopters as well, mostly around Twin Peaks... Oh and some easter egg in the form of a tic-tac-toe game scrabbled into the paint of the red type of turret :)

That is a new vehicle? :)

There are already several destroyed tanks and helicopters as well, mostly around Twin Peaks... Oh and some easter egg in the form of a tic-tac-toe game scrabbled into the paint of the red type of turret :)

That looks like a crashed privateer.

That looks like a crashed privateer.

Reason I asked is that it looked too small to be a privateer, but otherwise I agree

Have a great weekend everyone!

Now thats sweeet!!! :yay:

I was just thinking to myself the other day that it would be nice to have snow covered mountains and trees... Are you reading my mind??!! :eyecrazy:

Back