Version Update 12.8 Preview

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
The following is a quick overview of the changes that are planned to be implemented in Version Update 12.8, scheduled for Tuesday, October 9th. MindArk and the Planet Partners are very excited about this release, which brings many long-awaited features and improvements, as well as a boatload of new content to devour!

Avatar System Upgrade Preparation
As part of the preparation for the upgrade to the avatar system scheduled for November, the make-up mask system will be disabled in Version Update 12.8.

Loot System Improvements
The first phase of a comprehensive overhaul of the loots for all shared platform and Calypso creatures will be implemented. This overhaul will result in much more interesting and balanced loots for creatures of every level. Many newly designed items are included in this Version Update, waiting to be discovered. The loot system improvement project will continue during the next several releases, and has been designed to greatly improve the overall hunting experience for participants of all levels.

Crafting System Improvements
A completely new and improved user interface for crafting will be implemented in Version Update 12.8, which will dramatically streamline the process of constructing items. The new interface automatically scans the avatar inventory and storage for blueprints, resources and materials, allowing items to be constructed without the need for dragging input materials into the crafting machine. Other exciting features of this new interface include the ability to sell crafted items directly to the Trade Terminal, setting automated thresholds for the use of residue, along with a detailed log of each crafting run. Handy quick access to auction buy and sell orders are also included, for cases where required input materials are missing.

Mission Rebalancing
Rebalanced mission rewards will be implemented across all planets. In addition, a new Attribute Token system gives partners the ability to award fractional attribute rewards for easier missions, and also allows participants to decide when to apply earned attribute rewards to their avatar.

Planet Partner Content
Tons of exciting new content from each of Entropia Universe’s Planet Partners is also included in this release. Please refer to each Planet Partner’s official website for sneak peeks and full details in their Planet Partner release notes.

NOTE: Final testing and integration may result in the Version Update being delayed, or in some or all of the changes detailed in this announcement being modified, or even postponed until a later Version Update. Participants are encouraged to consult the Version Update Release Notes on the day of release for a full detailed listing of changes that have been implemented.

Originally Posted Here

Nice to see news that soon and also nice features - if they are bugfree :)

Wow, the loot system and crafting system changes sound dope!!

Maybe these damn Dome 4 Aurli's will give me a new item :yay:

Wow :O I think they read PCF lol. What was wrong with the old loot system?

Loot System Improvements...:scratch2:

You have made the loot first "balanced" then "dynamic" after the "fair" and now "balanced" again.
Sorry "Adjusted" also.

What are you trying to say really.:dunno:

Last edited:
I prey the overhaul doesn't contain bugs ... but it sounds nice (and to good to be true after so many years)

(Atami tells himself to manage expectations and somewhere hopes his expectations are wrong)

Omg :p maybe you can even mine rt now with decent tt return :p is this a sign :) maybe even wroth start playing again :) gogogo

Doh..... Only hunting.... Yeye.....

Last edited:
Omg :p maybe you can even mine rt now with decent tt return :p is this a sign :) maybe even wroth start playing again :) gogogo

Where did u get that from? :D
From what I see miners get nada from this update

Some really exciting changes :yay:

Nothing on space content (which supposedly is the main focus of MA in 2012)... Oh well we still have one more update this year (fingers crossed).:scratch2:

Many newly designed items are included in this Version Update, waiting to be discovered.

I hope this doesn't mean even more generic stackable crap to keep in storage with the hope that one day it'll be worth more than 101%, we've already got far to much of that already.

Hopefully what they mean is that item drops i.e. weapons, armor, tools will happen on low level mobs again and not depend on a hof.

Soooo, a new crafting interface eh?

Before we have either the advantage or disadvantage of hindsight, I just thought I'd wonder what I'd do to the system in 5 minutes of brainstorming....

Click on a material in inventory and or storage/box and select 'craft with item'. Maybe I must be within radius of a machine, maybe not.
Up comes a list of bps I own which use the item, but I can also open a list of bps which I do not own using the selected material if I choose.
The list shows which other materials I need and is green or red depending on what I have in storage. It also tells me the number of clicks I can make using what I have and lets me click on materials to go directly to auction for any I need or want more of.
Once I have selected a bp to use I can select the number of clicks and what residues I wish to allocate, including running craft until running out of mats. I can select a minimum amount of residue needed in inventory/storage before a further click will be allowed, to make sure a success is full tt, for example.
I can select if returned near success mats are kept to one side or put into the stack of what I can craft with. This enables different types or run tracking. (Maybe not necessary if I select a set number of clicks, and start another run with returned mats afterwards)
Regardless of which way I choose, I get a report at the end of what I used up and what I got back.

Ok, have my thoughts been any good, and what have MA come up with? We shall see what they have done soon at any rate! :)

You have made the loot first "balanced" then "dynamic" after the "fair" and now "balanced" again.

What are you trying to say really.:dunno:

And you forgot Adjusted too...
but each time, it clearly means, you're gonna be fucked up, go on depo again plz...

The new interface automatically scans the avatar inventory and storage for blueprints, resources and materials, allowing items to be constructed without the need for dragging input materials into the crafting machine. Other exciting features...

Yeah, a good way to force people to craft even they did not want.

New exciting features ?... hey i'm frighten already.

Loot System Improvements
The loot system improvement project will continue during the next several releases, and has been designed to greatly improve the overall hunting experience for participants of all levels.

Um maybe MA, you should keep the loot improvement program open indefinitely as I dont believe you will be fixing the problem any time soon. More bps that take frags, putty, sweet stuff, filters, all the other worthless crap? Yeah, mining and crafting loot fix too, not just hunting. Look at players average losses through playing game for x amount of time and decrease it. I know this is not in your nature but the game needs it.

Was hoping for my beacons with out a support case as well, guess we will be chatting soon.

I've been wanting an auto bp/crafting materials system so that sounds promising.

New avatar system, looking forward to seeing that.

Will wait and see how the new loot system works.

I prey the overhaul doesn't contain bugs ... but it sounds nice (and to good to be true after so many years)

(Atami tells himself to manage expectations and somewhere hopes his expectations are wrong)

Same thinking took 10 years and many ubbers leave selling out broken all price in skill and gear but finally hard hunter desserve better then kill 500 hps moobs to uber
FINALY

Hmmm, curious to see how the Imp Loot engine will be.
I would have named this revolutionnary version V13. :silly2:

Loot System Improvements
The first phase of a comprehensive overhaul of the loots for all shared platform and Calypso creatures will be implemented. This overhaul will result in much more interesting and balanced loots for creatures of every level. Many newly designed items are included in this Version Update, waiting to be discovered. The loot system improvement project will continue during the next several releases, and has been designed to greatly improve the overall hunting experience for participants of all levels.

It looks like they are just adding new loot into mobs rather than adjusting overall and average return %. But still good to see some changes, just hope it leads to the good direction.

The new loot system goes for all the planets or only Calypso?

I think the crafting changes are interesting, because this suggests the mobile interface is progressing well.

It looks like it's gearing up for mobile use anyway.

Rick

Yeah, a good way to force people to craft even they did not want.

What are you talking about?

All it does is make it faster and easier to craft, its not like the system is gonna suck materials from your inventory every time you pass a crafting machine and then pump the finished products back in or something.

I think the crafting changes are interesting, because this suggests the mobile interface is progressing well.

It looks like it's gearing up for mobile use anyway.

Rick

It certainly looks like they're aiming for a unified interface for ingame and mobile platforms. But it also sounds a lot like a slot machine though :laugh:

I'm surprised we've had no one complaining that makeup and masks are leaving us again for a while.

along with a detailed log of each crafting run.

Well there goes a lot of the gamblers lol. When they finally realise how much they are losing. (this is aimed at people that do not record results)

Overall sounds good, i might let others play with the bugs that are bound to happen though :)

Rgds

Ace

The new loot system goes for all the planets or only Calypso?

"all shared platform and Calypso creatures"
Seems like a complete universal redistribution of loot tables.

Messing with the economy is the most sensitive thing to do in this game above anything else, ever and by far.

Could be wonderful, or disastrous....we shall see.

Ive been hoping for anything to reduce the excessive crafting/loot dragging, I am thrilled.
My hand and wrist, together, rose up in triumphant victory with tears of joy.

Crafting logs and auction functions within crafting, sounds pretty damn nice too.

Not lining up for the avatar changes, but I am sure they will be nice.

Looks pretty promising. I hope their loot isnt a screw up.

ES500s.... rebalanced loot! I'm scared

A completely new and improved user interface for crafting will be implemented in Version Update 12.8, which will dramatically streamline the process of constructing items. The new interface automatically scans the avatar inventory and storage for blueprints, resources and materials, allowing items to be constructed without the need for dragging input materials into the crafting machine. Other exciting features of this new interface include the ability to sell crafted items directly to the Trade Terminal, setting automated thresholds for the use of residue, along with a detailed log of each crafting run. Handy quick access to auction buy and sell orders are also included, for cases where required input materials are missing.

I think some of this is really cool :yay: Not having to carry hundreds or thousands of kilograms of residue, just because you want to craft L items? Fantatsic! :yay: Crafting machines having an interface to auction also sounds nice.

I am very much worried about makeup and how people involved in beauty and tailoring will be affected.

Loot System Improvements

.:scared:.

Back