Version Update 12.8 Preview

With the devs mentioning loot distribution in earlier posts chances are slim for inefficient gameplay to get rewarded. I'd rather see a better markup by limiting the drops of certain things from certain mobs. Also increasing item drops will lead to the gear prices falling, but would in turn lead to less crafting.

Loot System Improvements
The first phase of a comprehensive overhaul of the loots for all shared platform and Calypso creatures will be implemented. This overhaul will result in much more interesting and balanced loots for creatures of every level. Many newly designed items are included in this Version Update, waiting to be discovered. The loot system improvement project will continue during the next several releases, and has been designed to greatly improve the overall hunting experience for participants of all levels.

Translation:

Better balance: Less loot for everyone and much less loot on low level mobs (because, seriously, we hate that too many people can hunt them naked, without armour decay...)

:yay: :yay:

Everytime you "balance" it you make it worse... you want EU all for yourself, don't you?
You don't want anyone else to play it, right? My precioussss!!

Why is there no gollum smiley?

""The first phase of a comprehensive overhaul of the loots for all shared platform and Calypso creatures will be implemented""

so only shared mobs and calypso mobs

rest of universe mabye next time

offtopic: any arkadians out there know anything about ark's missions reward changes?

after few MA last sec changes ..A team rather dont say anything before they know changes are realy there , so no infos atm

I forgot to add

WHERE IS TAMING???

MindArk and the Planet Partners are very excited about this release, which brings many long-awaited nerfs!

i noticed a mistake in the text so i corrected it for bertha :p
but seriously, loot system improvements, long overdue, i would be really excited by this but past experiences :)
now if they remove ammo from loot, and crappy tier junk, and "insult my intelligence no more no looters" nova **** then we are talking :)

Loot System Improvements

My first thought was "Oh f*ck", my second was "Oh sh*t, Oh sh*t, Oh sh*t".

Good luck with implementing that, i'm sure there'll be a lot of people very angry at the first days of this VU.

I'll adapt eventually as always :)

I hope that MA will

Loot: Balance the loot between plantes. Hence not dropping BS bps on ark same with robo loot in instances but rather they fix it so ark loot drops on ark caly on caly. This is my hope but not likely it will be so :). Same with minerals etc,

Beauty: Lets hope for the love of god this is a change for november 2012 not nov 2022 not another taming please.

Crafting: Well this is a prepp for Iphones etc most likely so basicly now U will be able to play your iphone app online jippie.

This is one of thoose things that might be amasing but might just aswell come chrashing down. As always either way we will be the ones that pay :)

http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bull...mshit-roadmap.xml

The request page doesn't exist (the link broke by shortening it - it had some interesting side effect though... :D )

The request page doesn't exist (the link broke by shortening it - it had some interesting side effect though... :D )

I'm used to this because as soon as I insert a link MA takes away content.:laugh:

But they wrote this in the link...

This long awaited system is to be reintroduced in 2012, with many new features all have been waiting for; we expect the wait to be worth it!

Looks like we have to wait more years. :) Yes thats Bull.

Loot System Improvements
The loot system improvement project will continue during the next several releases, and has been designed to greatly improve the overall hunting experience for participants of all levels.

I will be curious to see what kind of improvements they've made and how they believe those improvements will "greatly improve the overall hunting experience."

As far as I'm concerned, the best improvement that could be made is getting rid of ammo and probes. The way the system is currently, we end up having to pump extra money in to buy the ammo and probes and convert them into goods through hunting and mining. It ends up generating a bunch of extra product on the market that isn't needed to re-craft the items that were used to obtain them.

As far as I'm concerned, the best improvement that could be made is getting rid of ammo and probes. The way the system is currently, we end up having to pump extra money in to buy the ammo and probes and convert them into goods through hunting and mining. It ends up generating a bunch of extra product on the market that isn't needed to re-craft the items that were used to obtain them.

Great comment. This has occurred to me to when thinking about the economy. The only stuff which decays without ammo (or probes) are the melee I think. It is one reason I thought Ancient Greece might have a better economy model. However, stuff which uses explosives at least also has the explosives generated out of loot and not from the tt machine.

Basically, stuff used in large quantities to get at loot should not come from the tt machine!

New items waiting to be discovered does not boost my confidence of this vu taking that step though... we shall see!

ZOMFG!! they are disabling make up masks :cry:

Thats awful!

Edit - I hope there will be some cool make-up on the new avatars when they come :)

Last edited:
New loots...
New mission rewards...
New crafting...

Wont be any bugs in that lot will there? ;)

Stay calm and dont panic next Tuesday!!!

Everytime MA talk about "improving" things, I feel like we're all being invited to play "drop the soap"....:laugh:

I've been talking a break for a few days....I think i'll make it a few weeks... ;)
Thanks for the heads up MA...:tiphat:

Bring the new craft system :D

Loot System Improvements
This overhaul will result in much more interesting and balanced loots for creatures of every level.

Originally Posted Here

INTERSTING! I love it. It's like DYNAMIC!

Oh and now when you deposit, it just goes straight to them, doesn't even waste time being on your PED card. Now that's EFFICIENT

I kid I kid!!:laugh:

lol i want modified loot :cool:

Taming does seem to be conspicuously missing, and not even mentioned at all in the release notes...guess 2012 is nto the year for it. But we are getting a new avatar look with dynamic nose hair, so that makes up for that completely.

ZOMFG!! they are disabling make up masks :cry:

Thats awful!

Edit - I hope there will be some cool make-up on the new avatars when they come :)

u r still b-e-a-utiful w/o make up :)

Loot System Improvements
The first phase of a comprehensive overhaul of the loots for all shared platform and Calypso creatures will be implemented. This overhaul will result in much more interesting and balanced loots for creatures of every level. Many newly designed items are included in this Version Update, waiting to be discovered. The loot system improvement project will continue during the next several releases, and has been designed to greatly improve the overall hunting experience for participants of all levels.
I don t understand, we are going to get another 20000 new items or a more fair loot distrubuition???
Crafting System Improvements
A completely new and improved user interface for crafting will be implemented in Version Update 12.8, which will dramatically streamline the process of constructing items. The new interface automatically scans the avatar inventory and storage for blueprints, resources and materials, allowing items to be constructed without the need for dragging input materials into the crafting machine. Other exciting features of this new interface include the ability to sell crafted items directly to the Trade Terminal, setting automated thresholds for the use of residue, along with a detailed log of each crafting run. Handy quick access to auction buy and sell orders are also included, for cases where required input materials are missing.
Very nice, copied by Candyman tool!!!! i hope at least you give him some spare ped for the idea

:ahh::ahh::ahh:

Wow :O I think they read PCF lol. What was wrong with the old loot system?

It was mentioned that the current loot systems had some issues with scalability. (Hunting and mining)

With the new planet partners and large advertising campaigns on the way it's probably expected that there will be a lot more players in game in the near future and thus they're trying to prevent any of these scalability issues from arising. (whatever those issues may be)

In addition, one of their primary focuses for development has always been in the interest of creating an entertaining experience for all players. The current hunting/looting system while a vast improvement over what it was several years ago (with far less no looters and a wider range of item types in loots) is still not the ideal system for providing an entertaining experience to all players - especially newer players that are hunting noob mobs. Going out hunting a bunch of snables is barely a step above going out and sweating them in terms of fun and excitement.

And to come full circle with this - their whole objective with these advertising campaigns is to bring in new players and keep them active. So ramping up the fun and excitement for hunting smaller mobs is definitely a good move!

Awesome just with the update - looking forward to this one!

Interesting update ... I'm almost optimistic about this one ;)

Maybe, just maybe, MA understood and will be finnaly addressing some of the main issues of EU ... like the thin "mid-class" aspect or "cost of play" ... Having 1 milion users contributing an average of 50 USD/month (like WoW) is far far better than focusing on the hundred or so that depo 1K USD/month in average :laugh: ... maybe they finnaly got some1 aboard to explain them what economy is and how EU should relate to the real world :smoke: ... the expectation that a mid level player should pay what approximately means a good family car in real world currency for a mid-level armor and SIB UL weapon is kinda wrong imho :laugh:

And, to be honest, improving hunting loot returns and overall experience can be addressed via very "minor" things really ... like getting rid of TT stuff (like ammo) in loot or greatly reduce misses ... maybe the "miss" system had it's use long ago but today, seeing X misses in a row while using a TT weap for which I'm 10 times over required level simply is not helping my motivation or overall hunting experience :laugh: ... misses should be imho in the % range of crits, which is what ? 1% ? :rolleyes:

Fingers crossed this hunting/crafting update won't resemble anything like the latest mining update :laugh: ...

Also curious what happened to the Tiering speed improvements / updates they mentioned in last development notes?

They finally acknowledged that they fucked up bigtime on the tiering speed, which is great, but so far no word on when they will implement the fix.

The longer i'm in this game the more it leaves me confused.

Nobody asked for a new and improved crafting system and yet thats what were geting, people have been asking for the return of their pets and taiming and that is not even mentioned.

Everyone has asked for 'better' loots but instead were getting 'more interesting and balanced' loots, i think this is gona cost me money again.

When it comes to the beauty system i'll believe it when i see it and i wonder if i should tt the masks i have that have not sold while i still have the chance.

Time to flip a coin again, heads MA wins, tails I lose.

Nobody asked for a new and improved crafting system and yet thats what were geting,....

===snip===
Gothenburg, Sweden – August 14th, 2012 /MindArk/ – MindArk, the developer of the largest real cash economy Massively Multiplayer Online Game, announced today it is working with Project Whitecard, Inc. to develop a new client that can deliver their MMO projects on virtually any browser and mobile based platform. This new technology will allow users to play from virtually anywhere they have a connection.
===snap====

The changes on crafting system are needed to make the handling compatible to tablets and phones, I guess. No room on small screens for the current system.

The "Loot system improvement" doesn't make me feel comfortable. Everytime they touch it, I become nervous...... :scratch2:

Back