Version Update 12.8 Preview

Crafting changes sound very good. About loot.. we will see :)

No make up !

Avatar System Upgrade Preparation
As part of the preparation for the upgrade to the avatar system scheduled for November, the make-up mask system will be disabled in Version Update 12.8.

So, this means no make up anymore? Or is this just temporary?

If MA disable the make up for ever, then i lost my job in EU! If this happens, i don't play anymore and will sellout for ever!

I need more information about this, about i have customers they will get a mask, and if they disable make up, i don't think i will make more mask for customers, and they just can't use it anymore after oct.9

Please MA, i need more information about make up, and i'm sure all my customer wish this also. We don't want wast our money for noting.

As part of the preparation for the upgrade to the avatar system scheduled for November, the make-up mask system will be disabled in Version Update 12.8.

If MA disable the make up for ever, then i lost my job in EU! If this happens, i don't play anymore and will sellout for ever!

I need more information about this, about i have customers they will get a mask, and if they disable make up, i don't think i will make more mask for customers, and they just can't use it anymore after oct.9

Please MA, i need more information about make up, and i'm sure all my customer wish this also. We don't want wast our money for noting.

I guess we will have to wait and see what the New ava system brings, Kim Mentioned there will be tattoos when I interviewd him, so this might be a new way of doing it :)

The quote went -

Kim - It will be a very advanced avatar system, I have looked at avatars made already and it looks really really good. The new functions such as tattoos, to be able to control body hair, the density of the hair, the avatars really look alive. We are also going to redo all the clothes and all the armour just to fit with the new quality of the avatars.

Bonnie - That sounds really amazing, I can’t wait to see what they are going to be like...even with the hair movement I was very excited but that just sounds amazing. What type of things will we be able to change then?

Kim -You will be able to change what you have now but you will have more interesting hair and beards with physics, you will have body hair of course, tattoos on different parts of the body....it is going to be something really cool I think.

Bonnie - And I don’t know if you can tell me but will the tattoos be like masks are now, where we can draw out own??

Kim- I don’t know actually, but that would be cool. I will see about posting a picture really soon of one of the those new avatars, as soon as I can persuade one of the artists to let me show you something, its going to be great I think.

Bonnie - The local chat is going crazy here at Twin Peaks, everyone talking about the tattoos and beards etc

Things are moving forward in EU which is good. :yup:

Crafting needed an overhaul since it's the professions that glues all the systems in game.

I'm more concerned about loot improvement. What I and many others consider an improvement in loot and what MA considers, I fear are two opposite things. :scratch2:
My bet is on a comprehensive change in loot table for each mob, maybe adding some other stuff that are needed in crafting but most likely a shifting in types of oils dropped from mobs.

One thing that would be nice to see is a bigger variety of weapon drops in event mobs like LT, Eomons or Robots. These events come one after another lately. Every time such event mobs are in game, the market for the items that they drop get's a big hit. In a day or so after they appear, the market value of those items drop to more then half in some case. They should have the same chance to drop every limited weapon/armor available in game, this way the market value won't be affected with much. Beside, it's much fun to not know what you expect from a global or a hof. :)

Can we have some preview pictures of new avatar system from Mindark? I know you are lazy to reply our questions but a few pictures won't kill you, right?

Can we have some preview pictures of new avatar system from Mindark? I know you are lazy to reply our questions but a few pictures won't kill you, right?

IIRC he had said theat they would be similar to the new avas pics on the EU emmissary app - Like this :)

new_ava.jpg

(sorry couldnt get the pic bigger)

the loot improvement sounds very very dangerous
let alone that "improvements" and "rebalance" are kinda intersting words when used by MA *cough*nerf*cough*

but along with that, when was it (ever) that a change worked as intended (at least improvements) right away
there have been quite interesting failures on easier stuff

gotta admit, im scared

IIRC he had said theat they would be similar to the new avas pics on the EU emmissary app - Like this :)

new_ava.jpg

I could remake my ava into a blond Justin Bieber? Count me in!

:hammer:

The current hunting/looting system while a vast improvement over what it was several years ago (with far less no looters and a wider range of item types in loots) is still not the ideal system for providing an entertaining experience to all players - especially newer players that are hunting noob mobs. Going out hunting a bunch of snables is barely a step above going out and sweating them in terms of fun and excitement.

it's far worse, with sweating atleast you know all you'll ever get is sweat. But hunting they start out with their hopes high only for them to be crushed when they realise they'll probably get the same variation of loot every hunt.

Atleast a couple of years ago it was possible to loot low end items now it seems as if they've even removed that.

The big problem they've got is that the loot system was designed (or atleast seemed to be) to drop stuff at intervals but with the missions leading to hundreds of thousands of those mobs being killed often in camping sessions for weeks on end so a typical newbie mob premission system are now hunted by players of all levels it means they've had to make those intervals bigger and bigger to cope.

Or they're using the instance system to compensate for item drops but the keys on Ark are crafted so it's seeing massive use compared to the old beacons and the loot system seems to be struggling.

Last edited:
The new avatar look will allow me to make a new forum picture. :yay:

Other than that, as I'm wearing armor 95% of the time...

it's far worse, with sweating atleast you know all you'll ever get is sweat. But hunting they start out with their hopes high only for them to be crushed when they realise they'll probably get the same variation of loot every hunt.

Atleast a couple of years ago it was possible to loot low end items now it seems as if they've even removed that.

The big problem they've got is that the loot system was designed (or atleast seemed to be) to drop stuff at intervals but with the missions leading to hundreds of thousands of those mobs being killed often in camping sessions for weeks on end so a typical newbie mob premission system are now hunted by players of all levels it means they've had to make those intervals bigger and bigger to cope.

Or they're using the instance system to compensate for item drops but the keys on Ark are crafted so it's seeing massive use compared to the old beacons and the loot system seems to be struggling.

I personally think the loot system was designed with a steady growing playerbase in mind, the fact that some people made alternate accounts who then got registered by the system as another individual player and also lots of people having a look at the game for a few days and then never came back might have lead to alot of rare items being distributed early on and then stagnating as the amount of alternate accounts getting deleted as time went on was higher then the amount of accounts newly being created. The system therefor couldnt give out rare items anymore due to the amount of accounts needed per rare item didnt increase. It might be that this is one reason for mindark to now adjust the lootsystem again, cause with several planetpartners now running a share of accounts and not the whole lot of them it becomes unbalanced even more to distribute newly created 'rare' items on those planets. Excspecially when the shared items are more likely to drop in case of a rare success then the native items.

new_ava.jpg

So we're all gonna look like Limahl on a bad hair day.

new_ava.jpg

I don't think this is true. No one said this ava is made in EU.

BTW Looks like realy good updates are coming soon :yay:

Loot System Improvements
The first phase of a comprehensive overhaul of the loots for all shared platform and Calypso creatures will be implemented. This overhaul will result in much more interesting and balanced loots for creatures of every level. Many newly designed items are included in this Version Update, waiting to be discovered. The loot system improvement project will continue during the next several releases, and has been designed to greatly improve the overall hunting experience for participants of all levels.

Can you be more specific what is going to be improved *cough*nerfed*cough* ?
I just hope it's not removing all good loot from Calypso to help dying RT, just like it was done with mining resources...

When will Other Planets become more independent in terms of loot?
As it is now, they drop loads of loot that was/is found on Calypso but due not having established economy prices of most of that lot is close to tt. Therefore intergalactic traders bring this cheap loot and undercut MU on Calypso, what results in overall tendency to every loot nearing tt value.
When this will be sorted? Could it be 12.8??

Another issue is with tons of new gear, right now there is probably more different weapon and armor types than active hunters. This resulting again in drop of MU of much of those items. Please stop adding hundreds new items each update. With 5 Planets doing that I don't see future for this game...

Only way to break even in hunting profession is to be able to get some Mu for loot.
Let's see what you are cooking for us, but I'm uneasy on this changes. None changes you do are in favor of players. Sad but true!

Crafting System Improvements
A completely new and improved user interface for crafting will be implemented in Version Update 12.8, which will dramatically streamline the process of constructing items. The new interface automatically scans the avatar inventory and storage for blueprints, resources and materials, allowing items to be constructed without the need for dragging input materials into the crafting machine. Other exciting features of this new interface include the ability to sell crafted items directly to the Trade Terminal, setting automated thresholds for the use of residue, along with a detailed log of each crafting run. Handy quick access to auction buy and sell orders are also included, for cases where required input materials are missing.

Although I'm not active crafter, I hope that there will be some way to limit number of clicks.
As it is now, you load to craft terminal as much as you are willing to process and can click autouse tool.
With new system, is there are no limitation possibilities, one will craft till one of ingredients is finished. and for some people this might be much more than they intend.

Planet Partner Content
Tons of exciting new content from each of Entropia Universe’s Planet Partners is also included in this release. Please refer to each Planet Partner’s official website for sneak peeks and full details in their Planet Partner release notes.

As usual I cannot find anything on Calypso website.... or am i just blind??

I'm cautiously optimistic on the loot improvement, the changes to the extractor and socket component drops have lead to better markup from hunting.

The system is disabled, not deleted. ;)
As it is now, the avatar is mirrored, I guess we'll be able to do a texture
over the whole mask with the new system.

disabled like the last time, when we got vu10,and more as 2 years no make up ? I just don't hope it will be the same delay :)

With them wanting to add the new tattoo system the avatars had to be redone. So once the new avatar system is in place then they will have to completely redo the make-up system since tattoos are something done on one side of the body like an arm or leg. It could just be mirrored but it would not look great to have a dragon or something else on your back that was mirrored on both sides of the back.....:dunce:

So I expect that the make-up system will be out for quite a while since it will need a lot of work and isn't something that I feel will be a high priority.:(

So that is another profession to go to the dev teams to do list for who knows how long. Still waiting for Taming to be back for over 3 years.:rolleyes:

I personally think the loot system was designed with a steady growing playerbase in mind, the fact that some people made alternate accounts who then got registered by the system as another individual player and also lots of people having a look at the game for a few days and then never came back might have lead to alot of rare items being distributed early on and then stagnating as the amount of alternate accounts getting deleted as time went on was higher then the amount of accounts newly being created. The system therefor couldnt give out rare items anymore due to the amount of accounts needed per rare item didnt increase. It might be that this is one reason for mindark to now adjust the lootsystem again, cause with several planetpartners now running a share of accounts and not the whole lot of them it becomes unbalanced even more to distribute newly created 'rare' items on those planets. Excspecially when the shared items are more likely to drop in case of a rare success then the native items.

i can imagine logging in after the update getting the message.

"Your Modified Omegaton Fast Aid Pack has been deleted, since it was never meant to be looted"

i can imagine logging in after the update getting the message.

"Your Modified Omegaton Fast Aid Pack has been deleted, since it was never meant to be looted"

The solution for a change though could be to balance rare item drops against the growth of average active playeraccounts on the respective planet whereas active accounts should be meassured on a set amount of cycled peds per month. That way double accounts wouldnt screw up the system and naitive item drops could be made more likely to drop.

The solution for a change though could be to balance rare item drops against the growth of average active playeraccounts on the respective planet whereas active accounts should be meassured on a set amount of cycled peds per month. That way double accounts wouldnt screw up the system and naitive item drops could be made more likely to drop.

Good suggestion, but you should have told them that 10 years ago.

Applying current growth it will take like 50 years until the player numbers match the items ingame...

:silly2:

(Please note that i've been really nice and assumed that the EU playerbase indeed grows...)

Good suggestion, but you should have told them that 10 years ago.

Applying current growth it will take like 50 years until the player numbers match the items ingame...

:silly2:

(Please note that i've been really nice and assumed that the EU playerbase indeed grows...)

About the drop rate i have been here for 6 years have about 450k skills are maxed at blp have 261 hp i have also say that i am No. 41 in all time in hunting.
The best drops i had so far with ul-items is 3 Marber plasma riffles an 1 Jaguar foot guards M.
I feel that the drop-rate sucks, i dont know if you find this kind of drop- rate ok.

About the drop rate i have been here for 6 years have about 450k skills are maxed at blp have 261 hp i have also say that i am No. 41 in all time in hunting.
The best drops i had so far with ul-items is 3 Marber plasma riffles an 1 Jaguar foot guards M.
I feel that the drop-rate sucks, i dont know if you find this kind of drop- rate ok.

Did you ask me that? Or MA?

I think my post (and the post i answered to) made it very clear that i do think that the drop rate sucks - and that i do not expect it to get better anytime soon.

Is my english that bad?

I hope this finally turns out to be the much needed hunting system "fix", thats been needed for years.

Basically I think, that the highest end of hunting game will finally get adequate rewards, for the insane overhead and investment costs needed, just to get to that level, so more people decide to pursue the "high end hunter" path, in game.

I also hope, that they bring the "rare item hunting" sport back to game, that was so much fun back in the "CND Boom" days.

I might even go back to hunting, if they do any of this.

However I remain cautious of any MA "promises".

This may lead to the demise of the weapon crafter profession by limiting demand. UL weapons dropping more causes crafters to craft fewer L weapons, which in turn reduces lootMU. Reduced loot MU will make nobody happy. Neither hunters, miners, nor crafters.

Kim - It will be a very advanced avatar system, I have looked at avatars made already and it looks really really good. The new functions such as tattoos, to be able to control body hair, the density of the hair, the avatars really look alive. We are also going to redo all the clothes and all the armour just to fit with the new quality of the avatars.

If you make the new avatar system work such that you could get punched in the face and get your nose broken etc., this would create much needed work for beauticians and make-up artists. :)

Reduced loot MU will make nobody happy.

In a bigger scale, you can't say like that.

Let's say there are two minerals, A and B. Before a re-balance, let's say A is 110% and B is 600%. After a re-balance, A has gone up to 120% and B is down to 200% - which means that some persons gain more, others gain less, and some people who's mining all over the place "breaks even".

If markup gets too high, this might mean items won't get sold or used.

For hunters, hunters who hunt with repairable weapons (and frequently loots (L) weapons with market value) wants high markup. Hunters who loot with (L) weapons and generally gets TT-food wants lower markups.

lol i want modified loot :cool:

Me to!

Well obviously there are not going to be any miracle drops. We already get 90+% returns. So the only thing i can see what MA will do, is either

1) reduce the loot swings so you get 90%+ returns on shorter runs
2) drop uber limited items regularly like mod faps (L) etc

Other than that, they need to make bps use more resources (animal oils, common ores etc). Crafting drives markup and the economy, and there are a lot of mob drops that are not needed in crafting, fix that, and you will fix most things people complain about. IMAO

Rgds

Ace

Back