Auction Commission not changed?

chevrons

Stalker
Society
Sanctuary
Givendale Chevrons Skelton
Entropia Universe Version Update 12.8 Release Notes
  • Auction fees have been reduced by 25% for all items, and reduced by 90% for all deeds.

I'm having trouble confirming this. If I remember rightly, it was 0.50 Ped plus 5% of MU.

Now when I read Alice's guide, although she says commission is 5% of MU, her example actually shows 4.76 as the commission on 100 Ped MU, and twice that on 200 Ped MU.

Yet when I now try to sell something I get
TT(177 Ped) = 0.50
+100 = 5.26 diff 4.76
+200 = 9.58 diff 4.32
+300 = 13.53 diff 3.95
+400 = 17.15 diff 3.68
+500 = 20.47 diff 3.32

This doesn't look like a reduction of 25% to me, more like a sliding scale, and the minimum has not been reduced (so MA's statement is not true for at least items with no MU).

Can anyone make sense of this? Doer has pointed out that a sliding scale was introduced some time ago, so Alice's info may be out of date.

Have MA simply not implemented the change?

the formula is: (MU in ped * 100 + 995)/(1900 + MU in ped)

eg if item is tt of 78ped, sale price is 84ped

MU in ped = 6ped

Auction fee = (6 *100 + 995)/(1900+6) = 0.84ped

Its the same formula as before, as posted by others elsewhere since the servers came up

As iirc, it was pointed out then that the release notes came out before the servers finally came back up, so the changes to the auction fees may have been deferred for stability reasons.

Thanks for the formula.

The Commission has remained unreduced even after patch 12.8.1.

@ OP... What did you expect? It's MA!

If they told me that Christmas was coming I wouldn't believe them!

Can someone confirm whether or not this was fixed in today`s 12.9 update? There might be some undocumented fix.

Can anyone confirm this was fixed?

Fees still not changed? Anyone?

Auction Fee has been reduced, but by a minuscule amount. A Markup of 100 Ped now costs 5.18 Ped instead of 5.26.
The minimum is still 0.50, so the reduction is 1.7%, a long way from 25%.

Another MA screwup.

Auction Fee has been reduced, but by a minuscule amount. A Markup of 100 Ped now costs 5.18 Ped instead of 5.26.
The minimum is still 0.50, so the reduction is 1.7%, a long way from 25%.

Another MA screwup.

What about the 90% reduction for deeds?

it is not changed!

in the past, the fee was raising with MU, asymptotically towards 100 peds (MU = infinitum -> fee = 100 peds), following the formula posted by serica. now, this cap is at ~75 peds for non-deed items, and at ~10 peds for deeds. i guess that's what they mean by 25% and 90% reduction (confusing wording again, as usual :silly2:)

in the past, the fee was raising with MU, asymptotically towards 100 peds (MU = infinitum -> fee = 100 peds), following the formula posted by serica. now, this cap is at ~75 peds for non-deed items, and at ~10 peds for deeds. i guess that's what they mean by 25% and 90% reduction (confusing wording again, as usual :silly2:)

let me correct myself, like if it wasnt changed

can anybody give me actually working formula on auc?:)

Still waiting on this new feature. Please fix it ASAP devs - so we can start listing more items on auctions!! ;)

Still waiting on this new feature. Please fix it ASAP devs - so we can start listing more items on auctions!! ;)

there is nothing to wait for, they have already implemented the change, although it is not what most people had in mind :p

can anybody give me actually working formula on auc?:)

for the old auction fee, i had a slightly different formula than what serica posted. the formula I had is this one:

Old Fee = 0.5 + ((99.5*MU) / (1990+MU))

I think this formula is more correct, since for MU = 0, it gives an exact 0.5 ped fee, but I cannot test it since the old fee is gone :) In any case, in essence, both formulae are very similar.

Now, if you take the formula I posted and apply 25% reduction to the constant values, it gives:

New Fee = 0.5 + ((99.5*0.75*MU) / ((1990*0.75)+MU))

And surprise surprise... works like a charm :)

Now, you have a new definition of the meaning of 25% reduction... :laugh:

New Fee = 0.5 + ((99.5*0.75*MU) / ((1990*0.75)+MU))

really good formula!! Thank you :)

Back