Hidden cost of Spear vehicles or ... ?

Remus

Old
Society
Freelancer
Few days ago I bought Spear v1 (15ped tt). I noticed that it losses its structural integrity for no foreseeable (to me at least) reason while driven. I am not hitting walls nor trees nor even small objects on the ground and it sporadically loses 3 structural points at the time. And not always! Few times I went for kilometers without a single bump. Sometimes it does literal mid-air flips and falls back to ground, again for no obvious reason.

Has anyone noticed this? What might be the cause and possible remedy, beside another intentional indirect decay sink?

The devs have not correctly designed its "suspension" or "floatation" system, so any odd collision on the ground (eg a small invisible merging of terrain meshes) can lead to decay. The devs need to fix this odd behavior which does NOT occur with other vehicles - but only with HOVERING vehicles.

This is a BUG and needs to be addressed.

This is a BUG and needs to be addressed.

Thats why I posted exactly here. It is for vehicles thread but also possibly for bugs. And when I failed to find any previous mention of this I decided to post here. Mods will hopefully understand this and desist from moving.

this is still around and compared to other vehicles its a total mess :S

Thats why I posted exactly here. It is for vehicles thread but also possibly for bugs. And when I failed to find any previous mention of this I decided to post here. Mods will hopefully understand this and desist from moving.

Since it's a Cyrene vehicle, if you want the devs to take a look at it, you might want to post it over at the cyrene forum.

edit: didn't notice that this was a bump of an old thread

And why the heck does this thing flip over after 5 seconds - even on a flat surface?!!!

The only place it works fine is on water surface.

Fix it please!!

The way the spear acting was funny when it first came out. But now its annoying as hell. Especially when you actually trying to get somewhere. And you would think by now that damage for no reason would have been fixed. I don't drive it anymore and its more used as a storage unit.

And yes, this is in the wrong thread. Isn't there an "Other Planet" thread?

Back