Petition: Disable summon and stackables check

GeorgeSkywalker

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
George Ace Skywalker
1) Disable summon option in privateers and motherships or disable motherships and privateers completely until the summon pop up box is fixed.

2) When someone is leaving planet please do a check of avatars inventory and let them know if they are carrying any lootables. Sometimes people mistakenly forget to empty inventory which can be very costly.

I feel both issues are very important and should be addressed urgently by MA. I doubt they will. Both can be very costly...

If you agree on both or one of the issues please sign this petition. It is hoped by this petition MA realise how important these issues are to us and hence fix them as soon as possible.

Petition signed by:
George Skywalker
Luke Moonbiter Sinclair
John Black Knight
Aadu dRifteR Asi
Akbar
Shard-Angel
Joey Jay-Jay Javonie
Boardian Chilix Corunian
max hawk phoenix
Bemo Guinness Stout
Adam Skylord Flint
Tony Twotoes Taglia
aia
Joe Mr-Joey Force
Chairman whatwouldjesusdo Edgewise
hypnotica TRANCE blain
Loren Lorry Potter
Mark Rufen Power
Juniper Jaywalker Jones
Jim EwoK Morris
Maria Mastermesh Mesh
Benjamin Ben Coyote
Stanley Miles Stardust

Last edited:
Signed. Luke Moonbiter Sinclair

---

And imho, unless they change the summon window, there should at least be an option to disable it. Other games have options to ignore trade/friend requests, clan invites etc. It can't be that hard to code.

Allow privateers to land.
Allow motherships to enter high atmosphere.
Remove summon for all ships.
Remove station TP's.

Signed!

Aadu dRifteR Asi

Signed.

We could simply have a check option, like in privacy, where we agree to be summoned or not.
If we do not agree, then no summon message.

/signed.

Remove station TP's.

And /signed.

Also: Create a RELATIVELY-accurate spherical space bubble entryzone around planets. So, (for example) when we take off from Athena Spaceport, we enter space from that side of the planet, and when we take off from Port Atlantis, we appear on that side of the planet when we enter space... so on so forth.

This way, we all dont spawn on the same spot near CSS where the rats are always camping. I am happy with full loot pvp space - but atleast dont herd us all in the same spot. Give everyone (travellers, and rats alike) a fair chance at the dangers of space.

/signed.

!Originally Posted by John B Knight !
Remove station TP's.

And /signed.

Also: Create a RELATIVELY-accurate spherical space bubble entryzone around planets. So, (for example) when we take off from Athena Spaceport, we enter space from that side of the planet, and when we take off from Port Atlantis, we appear on that side of the planet when we enter space... so on so forth.

This way, we all dont spawn on the same spot near CSS where the rats are always camping. I am happy with full loot pvp space - but atleast dont herd us all in the same spot. Give everyone (travellers, and rats alike) a fair chance at the dangers of space.

What He Said :wise:

Signed
Joey Jay-Jay Javonie

Last edited:
And bring L motherships and L privateers and more ships more :), it will be good for economy :), sign me

I agree - I lost a container full of saved craftable hides and stuff (fairly large amount) because I forgot to check in misc. for items because the box is put in misc not where stackables are normally kept. I keep a lot of stuff in boxes in my apartment so I have ready access to loot I get from hunting and add to them after hunts.

Privateers landing normally?
If so, a privateer will be HUGE its already about 30x a quad, and a quad is huge compared to an average avi.
And motherships would be blocking out whole skies..

But to the OP. /signed

In an earlier post on this subject I have pointed out that there have been some changes in regards to the functions of the "Guest List" of a Warp Ship. I have done some additional testing on this and put in a Support Case in regards to the matter.

At this stage I see the changes as an advantage to everyone. I sincerely hope that it has been done on purpose and is not a glitch caused by recent changes to the operations of the "Guest List"

With the constantly growing numbers of Subscription Members, Supporters and Warp Capable Ships in Entropia Fleet Alliance we foresaw sometime ago that having huge numbers of people permanently on the Guest List would eventually be problematic. These current changes help us to offer a solution to this problem and the problem being discussed in this thread.

Currently if you remove yourself from a ships Guest List you are not immediately thrown into space. Instead you are free to move around the ship and do as you like. This includes repairing and leaving the ship at your own free will, either by using a quad or vtol or by using the ships teleporter. On a Privateer you can remove your self from the ship by either the Teleporter or by logging off and being physicaly kicked once you log back in.

This allows for a simple solution to current problems by removing yourself from the Guest List of the ship yu are travelling with before leaving.

signed Tony Twotoes Taglia

1) Disable summon option in privateers and motherships or disable motherships and privateers completely until the summon pop up box is fixed.

I'd like an option something like "Ignore summons for 60 minutes" or turning summons on/off. If I'm out hunting it's rather distracting to get summon boxes, because I know I have to beware not to accept it by mistake. Usually before getting to space, I want a couple of minutes to get to a storage to dump off my loot, rather than going right away. (Most of the time I do have stackables in inventory - but it's stackables that I don't intend to bring to other planets.)

As for disable summons completely, well they're convenient if I'm prepared for them and I do want to join a ship at that time.

2) When someone is leaving planet please do a check of avatars inventory and let them know if they are carrying any lootables. Sometimes people mistakenly forget to empty inventory which can be very costly.

Yeah that I agree to, space is easy to get into without thinking twice. Summons, and maybe a taxi-service goes into space by accident (someone might want to get a ride from PA to Twin Peaks and the "taxi driver" routinely presses "yes goto space" popup and then thinks "oups" when ship is approaching space station).

In an earlier post on this subject I have pointed out that there have been some changes in regards to the functions of the "Guest List" of a Warp Ship. I have done some additional testing on this and put in a Support Case in regards to the matter.

At this stage I see the changes as an advantage to everyone. I sincerely hope that it has been done on purpose and is not a glitch caused by recent changes to the operations of the "Guest List"

With the constantly growing numbers of Subscription Members, Supporters and Warp Capable Ships in Entropia Fleet Alliance we foresaw sometime ago that having huge numbers of people permanently on the Guest List would eventually be problematic. These current changes help us to offer a solution to this problem and the problem being discussed in this thread.

Currently if you remove yourself from a ships Guest List you are not immediately thrown into space. Instead you are free to move around the ship and do as you like. This includes repairing and leaving the ship at your own free will, either by using a quad or vtol or by using the ships teleporter. On a Privateer you can remove your self from the ship by either the Teleporter or by logging off and being physicaly kicked once you log back in.

This allows for a simple solution to current problems by removing yourself from the Guest List of the ship yu are travelling with before leaving.

I think you missed the point of this thread. The thread is a request for MA to fix the summon pop up box which can be accidentally clicked.

As for disable summons completely, well they're convenient if I'm prepared for them and I do want to join a ship at that time.

I think you may have misread the opening post:

Emphasis added to "until". The point is to fix the summon pop up box.

GeorgeSkywalker said:
I think you missed the point of this thread. The thread is a request for MA to fix the summon pop up box which can be accidentally clicked.
Nope: Absolutely did not miss the point.
Sakuba said:
A simple sollution to the current problem and it is a big problem, is to have a secondary check box appear when accepting a summons "Are you sure you wish to accept this summons by "Tommy Gobbler" ?"
From this thread on smae subject:
Just omtted to repeat myself.

Another solution:

Step 1: Move away the `passing land area border` spam from messages, possibly move it to another icon or add another area on HUD for "pand area properties". Let's say a blue/green icon, that when it's blue it means you're on a taxed landarea; and when you press the button you get a popup giving more informaiton about the area you're in (things like name of area, if you can mine, taxes and owner if it's a landarea, location of mission broker (if any), location of creature terminal and such).

Step 2: Send the summon as a message. As now most of the spam you get is removed by "Step 1", you have a bigger chance ot see it. To accept the summon, implement a new action ("Go to spaceship") that can be ma as an icon as well as a command ("/go"). Add the possibility (optional) for whoever is summoning to send a message with the summon (for instance "Scheduled trip to Arkadia", "Chartered ride to Rocktropia", "FOMA", "Skilling run" etc), and the message of course only have an "ok" button (which just closes the message). At the end of message add the line ´To accept the summon teleport to spaceship type the command "/go <name of ship>" in main chat window.´)

When you enter the command (eg /go fnurpel) (ship name not case sensitive), you get a new box "You are carrying the following items that you can lose if you get killed in lootable pvp:" with a list of items that potentially can be looted from you, the line "Note that leaving space you either need to use a prepared spacecraft or use a pay teleporter" then the text "Are you ready to enter space" with two buttons, "Yes, take me to space" and "No I'm not prepared yet").

Maybe also add a new command to action book to manually check inventory for lootable items, that can be used on planet if you're about to enter a toxic zone. (I guess checking inventory each time crossing toxic zone border would take alot of server resources.) Maybe add a button for inventory check to the information message you get when you're approaching border. (For the inventory check, just one button "Acknowledge".)

Last edited:
signed Joe Mr-Joey Force

was refining some materials while hunting when the summon msg was occidentally clicked ... loot worth around 1k PED - good that we have a save zone lol

Stick my name on the list :)

Signed.

Mark Rufen Power.

It's getting ridiculous now, it's even worse i can imagine if your on a lot of MS's list. :eyecrazy:

Can't remember, how many times i was click summon to space by mistake. Each time i had loot able items on me and had to use the TP back and pay tax!

One time it happens while i was in trade mode with some one. Really cool to stay in space then!

So a little "no summon yet" button would be very, very nice to see and easy to code!

Sign me in please.

Definitely agree with 2!

I've seen pirate loots posted on the forum, and pirates have sometimes told me what they looted. In the majority of cases , it appears to be stuff that people never intended to carry into space, and didn't even know they were carrying.

There are far too many ways this can happen

in a rush, forgot to check inventory
items were missed on checking, because of lag and slow loading
tems were missed on checking, because of landing at the bottom of the inventory tab
items were missed because of carrying stuff in multiple storage containers
(a really great one- has happened!) MindArk awards a delayed loot or compensation to a player whilst he's flying through space!

These off the top of my head (I'm sure there are more)

They cannot say that people willingly take that risk, until these issues are fixed and people know that they are carrying lootables, "I accept" is a nonsense under the circumstances

Very much Signed,

Juniper Jaywalker Jones

They cannot say that people willingly take that risk, until these issues are fixed and people know that they are carrying lootables, "I accept" is a nonsense under the circumstances

A problem with the current summon dialog is that it's almost identical with the dialogue you get when you do "Merge all" in inventory - adding a checkbox to it and doing nothing else *will* make it identical besides the text (as the checkbox "I accept" probably will be where the checkbox "Add additional containers" is). Besides, the summon dialogue box being at the same place where it's likely you're clicking to loot a mob.

(A problem I have, well my fault since I haven't turned it off, is that my monitor once in a while pops up a box "Remember to take a break to let your eyes relax" in middle of the screen blocking what's there. I'd feel sort'a bad if I turned that thing off lol. If I'm in the middle of a fight with a mob it means I have to click blindly for a bit - taking a break there is no option heh.)

Sign me up. Both very good points

Jim EwoK Morris

add me to the list.

I'll ante up.. sign me..

Benjamin Ben Coyote
a.k.a. "The Blind Sniper" :cool:

I thought I signed this before - but apparently not - so add me:

Stanley Miles Stardust

:beerchug:

Miles

Back