FYI: Please welcome the new PCF Newsroom Staff!

Site Admin
Admin
I am excited to announce that PCF has recruited a brand new Newsroom staff, and that members can look forward once again to a very active PCF front page with news articles on many different aspects of Planet Calypso and Entropia Universe.

Here is a quick introduction to the new PCF Newsroom team, please give them a warm welcome!
  • Serica will be taking charge as PCF Newsroom Editor.
  • Jimmy B will be offering his extensive Newsroom experience in his new role as Senior Reporter.
  • RickEngland, GeorgeSkywalker, J. Runner and Magyar_Republic join us as Newsroom Reporters.
  • Butch C. will be providing technical and graphics support to the Newsroom staff.
Welcome aboard! :yay:

I am sure many members of the PCF community will be eager to read your forthcoming articles, as am I!

Well, good luck to the new staff :beerchug:

looking forward to fair and balanced articles that show no bias ;)

looking forward to fair and balanced articles that show no bias ;)

In that spirit, I'd like to create a perspective piece between our favorite MA fans, and our favorite MA detractors. I'll select one from each group, interview them asking the same questions to each, and then craft an interesting article based off what the two have responded. The object is to compare and contrast the relative experiences within Entropia Universe, so that people have a stronger idea of why it may be that people enjoy the game, versus why they may feel disenfranchised. It may be fun to see if there are any common ground areas, or common areas that people dont see eye to eye on.

Folks can feel free to PM me a list of their favorite (currently active) MA groupies and MA haters. I'll be taking PM's on this for the next week or so. I'll then put it up to a vote, and contact the top 3 from each category. The first one to respond, from each list, with interest in participating I will forward my questions to them and await their replies.

-MR

Welcome team, and looking forward to the great articles to come. :)

Welcome to all - looking forward to some interesting reads.

Best of luck to you all in your new positions.

XZC

Congrats on all the new promotions

Bones

Congrats all. :)

Thank you 711 and Serica for choosing me to be part of your reporting team, and many thanks to the community for their kind words to us all.

Congratulations to the other reporters, I hope to get to know you all more as we begin to work together.

I now need to get my head around the rules over the coming week, and discuss with our editor Serica her requirements from us moving forward.

After much thought I'm quite keen on preparing "A mob of the week", such as Levi maybe as a good starter as it's a very popular mob. Include details where we can find them, with highlights of new loots those mobs might have. I know we have entropedia, but I feel it would be nice to focus on say more locations than the regular Levi haunts, and highlight more choice to the community.

That said Serica will probably have an agenda to work to, so give us some time and lets see how much we can contribute to PCF

Pleasure to be aboard.

Rick

A good direction for PCF! Thank you 711 and the news group for this. :yay:

Classy bunch, the lot of ya!

Looking forward to seeing life in forum staff again. :)

I'm only in it for the chicks and the partying.

ermm...There is chicks and partying right?

Gratz!

Thanks a lot for filling up the well needed spots for writers! =)

Looking forward for some nice reading! :)

I'm only in it for the chicks and the partying.

ermm...There is chicks and partying right?

Yep there is.. I picked out a couple....
I think the one on the right has eyes for you..

;)

members can look forward once again to a very active PCF front page with news articles on many different aspects of Planet Calypso and Entropia Universe.

This mean I'll need to change my bookmarks to the "Home" tab?:scratch:

Looking foward to new news!

nice. congrats !

Now i do wonder if all news will be spread as the truth..
or as a coverup story just for entertainment and marketing.

As some anti-pirates and previous forum trolls now got assigned to our news hosts,
i believe i can expect to now be harassed on the front forum page?

What i'm trying to say is that i have my questions with the selection of the new forum staff.

As some anti-pirates and previous forum trolls now got assigned to our news hosts,

What i'm trying to say is that i have my questions with the selection of the new forum staff.

The first step of course, to join the Newsteam, is to apply :)

If you have a story idea, but don't feel you have the time or skills to create the article yourself, feel free to contact one of the Newsteam writers and put your idea to them. Perhaps arrange a mutually agreeable interview time when they can talk to you at length about it ingame.

I won't guarantee that every single idea will reach fruition in a separate finished article of course, but we're open to suggestions from the members :) It may be that your idea will mesh with ideas from others, and be part of an article drawn from several sources.

Obviously not me :) I hate all pirate scum i never single one out :) Your all equal in my books.

I think there is a difference between getting into heated discussions with pirate scum and doing some news for the forums, pretty sure were all old and ugly enough to separate the two.

p.s did i say pirate scum yet? Some people maybe need to get a sense of humour, it's all water of a ducks back to me.

goodluck pirates :)

p.s. and as Serica said perhaps do a story, I'm sure a pirate story would be an interesting read for those who don't really get into it plus i do the graphics and i reckon that would be good fun.

I for one have a strong dislike for marketing ploys and social manipulations of that nature and left a previous news team after it became clear that this was the main agenda of it. I think a good product can speak for itself on its own merits, and it shouldnt be afraid of its weaknesses, but rather address them directly, acknowledge them openly, and turn them into strengths through continued use of community feedback and developer refinement.

welcome to all

I'm quite keen on preparing "A mob of the week". Include details where we can find them, with highlights of new loots those mobs might have. I know we have entropedia, but I feel it would be nice to focus on say more locations than the regular Levi haunts.

Rick

Great idea, entropedia mob locations and loot drops are soooooo out of date it's frustrating... Looking fwd to reading these articles.... Might also want to include best armour to use and maybe most eco weapon choice.

You can interview yourself?
:D

Tippin'

Hah!

I dont think I qualify, TBH! One of my biggest MA gripes is that they seem incapable of handling the needless venom that goes on towards them on these boards. It's really inappropriate and hurts them more than anything else. It's basically tantamount to a community bankruptcy. :-( But thanks for the vote... whatever side its on?

I've see ya on both sides, Mag...Never on the fence!
:p

Tippin'

Back