MindArk Buys Back Calypso Land Deeds

Exclaim all you want.

The fact remains we are disscussing here the wisdom and proberty of buying clds. I am personally nonplusssed by the idea as it sits on a small foundation. This said,others are all for the idea. You, however, seem to be gunning for gold.

This is not only unwise, but unsound. So please release the confusion.

Ok, my english is not good enough to understand what you are talking about. That's why I made confused marks.

As far as I can tell, it seems to be mostly assumptions and fancy words. Please explain in simple english if you have a point you want me to understand or reply too.

Disclaimer: People can do whatever they want to do. Sell or buy, their decision not mine. (If that is what you meant)

Ok, my english is not good enough to understand what you are talking about. That's why I made confused marks.

As far as I can tell, it seems to be mostly assumptions and fancy words. Please explain in simple english if you have a point you want me to understand or reply too.

Disclaimer: People can do whatever they want to do. Sell or buy, their decision not mine. (If that is what you meant)

OK but your English is good enough to get this simple point: leave people alone. Life is tough enough without you messing with them.

Is that so hard to understand?

I know this is none of my business, but .. I kinda like refreshing PCF while i swunt nusul solo to find out news about these deeds. Can we just stop the banter between the universe guy and others? Yap he is a re seller it seems, no need to keep feeding the fire imo. But would be great if people would post if they were able to buy more on auction today :) least to know if its going to re sellers or to investors.

Don't mean any disrespect .. just wanna read cld news :)

TBH I'm not entirely sure what Peezle's point is either, but concerning the remarks of others:
Your posting:
Obviously it will be downward pressure from 5 000 clds being sold, but I only think it will slow the upward trend that was. In 2-6 months, we will probaly be back unless something fundamental change. I know I will still keep buying until we reach 1300 again.

There are probaly more people like me out there too, buying to hold long term.
while at the same time you are selling CLDs (as shown by the screenies posted earlier), seems to be a contradiction between your words and your actions.

Hope this helps to explain.

I know this is none of my business, but .. I kinda like refreshing PCF while i swunt nusul solo to find out news about these deeds. Can we just stop the banter between the universe guy and others? Yap he is a re seller it seems, no need to keep feeding the fire imo. But would be great if people would post if they were able to buy more on auction today :) least to know if its going to re sellers or to investors.

Don't mean any disrespect .. just wanna read cld news :)

Oh Samuel, go dreaming in wonderland. You get magic money from them golden tickets. And then you never have to worry about money ever again. Or, reality kicks in. You are paying into your own funeral.

History kicks in. It always did.

EDIT @ Serica is well respected and I would be cautious here but, history speaks for us all.She is not immune either.

Last edited:
TBH I'm not entirely sure what Peezle's point is either, but concerning the remarks of others:
Your posting:

while at the same time you are selling CLDs (as shown by the screenies posted earlier), seems to be a contradiction between your words and your actions.

Hope this helps to explain.

Yes, it's starting to get tiresome, but just because I am selling one deed at auction, doesnt mean I am not holding deeds long term .. There is no contradiction here. If you think it is, fine, then we will agree to disagree.
Kinda like saying a rich guy is not investing any money, just because he buys himself an icecream imo.

OK but your English is good enough to get this simple point: leave people alone. Life is tough enough without you messing with them.

Is that so hard to understand?

Yea, I just wrote what I am doing on a forum. Think you are taking this out of hand here. Not messing with anyone. (Unlike you?)

Try to make sense of a simple thing.

Wait. I think Serica is always going to top me ( though i would fight it ).

This said we have to take a perspective.

Last edited:
I am waiting for Serica to reply. y'all other got nothing to say :)

I am waiting for Serica to reply. y'all other got nothing to say :)

I wasn't aware you asked me a question. :scratch2:
Would you mind repeating it ?

few more sold this morning, but I believe it was only 1 stack of deed, at least that I was catching only, anyone know if bigger stacks of 10s 20s were sold this morning too ? I must add, I can`t believe how fast the 1 stack goes, you need to buy it in like 1 sec or you are to late.

I've only seen single ones go thru in the past couple of hours that i've been online. Managed to get one open ... :silly2:

sniping, sniping...
So now we are all worry that there are more than 5 750 000 PEDs in peoples pedcards and not everyone will get a chance to buy CLD before all 5000 are gone?

The first half is probably gone or close to that, judging by the week sales. People have gone crazy, never saw that many online between 1-4am@MA (the most silent time in EU, from my experience). Though the broker didn't appear :)

sniping, sniping...
So now we are all worry that there are more than 5 750 000 PEDs in peoples pedcards and not everyone will get a chance to buy CLD before all 5000 are gone?

Well impression I'm having atm is that everyone can buy them from a reseller or a few of them that seem to be getting nearly all the deeds, being funded by the ones buying from them enabling this to turn into a repetitive event.

Also at the rate the deeds are being put up and then stopped for extremely long time mixed with the now invisibility of the on-line status of the broker, has made it even harder for honest and actual players to buy some first hand...

When the broker has stopped selling the reseller has all the time to start selling too. I guess all parties are happy but the ones that actually want to own deeds long term. This seems to be happily supported by Bowerbirds method in my eyes.

Probably they are waiting for depositing problem to be fixed so more people can deposit to buy CLD.

I guess all parties are happy but the ones that actually want to own deeds long term. This seems to be happily supported by Bowerbirds method in my eyes.

Why I'm not happy was becase I saw this as an opportunity to buy another CLD "first-hand" (relatively speaking), thinking it would be a good deed to support the developers of the game. I still have one CLD bought at the original offer.

I would have bought more if it wouldn't have been a serious dip in loots at that time and the shortage of small stacks, my original plan was to buy one each month until I had 9.

I rather not buy from someone who's just there to jack up the price - all money I spend ingame comes from IRL so I don't want to give away money to people who's there just to take mine.

I can't say MA does wrong here, it depends on their ultimate goals - if their goal is to get rid of the CLDs they've bought, then it's a good idea to take help resellers. This also will keep the price up - as the resellers dont' want to sell for less than they bought it for. The situation is different though if they want to involve a large number of players - giving as many as possible a chance to be a part of it. (It feels kind of weird though that citizenship is something that is mainly traded by resellers...)

Last edited:
Sad part is that Mindark/Planet Calypso fails to communicate with the community (guess they are getting top notch advice in the field of PR, as usual).

Why I'm not happy was becase I saw this as an opportunity to buy another CLD "first-hand" (relatively speaking), thinking it would be a good deed to support the developers of the game. I still have one CLD bought at the original offer.

I would have bought more if it wouldn't have been a serious dip in loots at that time and the shortage of small stacks, my original plan was to buy one each month until I had 9.

I rather not buy from someone who's just there to jack up the price - all money I spend ingame comes from IRL so I don't want to give away money to people who's there just to take mine.

I can't say MA does wrong here, it depends on their ultimate goals - if their goal is to get rid of the CLDs they've bought, then it's a good idea to take help resellers. This also will keep the price up - as the resellers dont' want to sell for less than they bought it for. The situation is different though if they want to involve a large number of players - giving as many as possible a chance to be a part of it. (It feels kind of weird though that citizenship is something that is mainly traded by resellers...)

I hear you Aia.

I will ask and see if it would be possible to sell some of them through private trade in Twin Peaks. In this case we could set up a specific meeting time or two to accommodate different time zones and set a cap on how many each person is allowed to buy, perhaps 5 each or something.

Last edited:
I will ask and see if it would be possible to sell some of them through private trade in Twin Peaks. In this case we could set up a specific meating time or two to accommodate different time zones and set a cap on how many each person is allowed to buy, perhaps 5 each or something.

That would be really awesome Charlie, although 10 would be better! ;p

I will ask and see if it would be possible to sell some of them through private trade in Twin Peaks. In this case we could set up a specific meating time or two to accommodate different time zones and set a cap on how many each person is allowed to buy, perhaps 5 each or something.

Thank you for finally communicating, greatly appreciated. Would +rep but waiting this long negates that, sorry.

Thanks for doing this. However, be careful your walking into a bear trap ;-)

ooo nice. that better than people staying at the auctioneer all day :laugh:

Nice! Good idea!

Yes please! Ohh wait, I cannot even log in due to internal error atm... :/

/sbinortz

sniping, sniping...
wouldn'T surprise me!
We are at half of the sell and CLD stay 1 second in auction...

Oh thank Lootius! Please, please make that happen!

:shower:

Also I wouldn't mind if you guys would look into the people who use the sniper software to buy the CLDs put in auction within milliseconds. Isn't the use of bots a bannable offense? When you ban them please be fair and give them back the TT value of their CLDs.

:laugh:

I don't understand??

If revenues and dividend payments are going down, which means the ROR is going down, why is the price of the shares going up???

Mabe thats why the economies of Europe and the US have gone down the drain?

I don't know, but something seems weard here, mabe some one can explain to me the logic of paying more for something that is droping in value? I'm missing some thing here ??? Please explain.

Edit: Nevermind, I don't want to derail this important thread. (I posted a reply to James but I removed it.)

Edit 2: Darn, now James has replied. :) Here is my answer to your question: People probably think that even with lower as projected ROI CLDs are still a great bargain. I don't see how this is related to the economic woes of the US and Europe brought on by over-regulation, over-taxation, over-spending and over-so on.

Edit 3: Since I got some rep for the pic and James quoted it I put it back up:

supply_and_demand.gif

Edit 4: And now that you mention it, the color of the CLDs really IS pretty! :D

Last edited:
Back