MindArk Buys Back Calypso Land Deeds

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
[h=3]MindArk Buys Back Calypso Land Deeds[/h] MindArk announced today that to celebrate the one-year anniversary of the Calypso Land Deed event, MindArk will offer 5,000 deeds at US$115 each. The land deeds provide revenue sharing to participants so players can receive a share in the Planet Partner gross revenue of Calypso and the first deeds will be made available from the in-game auction on Wednesday, November 1, 2012.

One year ago sixty thousand Calypso land deeds were offered at US$100 each and were available through the in-game auction system.! MindArk has now negotiated a buyback of 5,000 deeds out of the 25,000 acquired by one single investor.! By performing a buyback of these deeds from one investor, the company will be able to redistribute the deeds more evenly and allow more players to join in.!!!!

"We are happy to have negotiated this excellent offer for our participants. As most of the 5000 deeds will be placed on the auction individually we hope many more users will take the chance to be part of this ground breaking program," said David Simmonds, CEO of MindArk.

Since their introduction eleven months ago, each of the 60,000 deeds has paid out US$22.00.! This is a 24% annual return on the original investment of US$100 per deed. Currently, deeds trade at US$130 on the in-game auction, leaving an annual return of about 18% on investment.! Based on the audited revenue sharing for Planet Calypso over the last 6 months, the return to deed holders has totaled US$708,573.00.

Originally Posted Here

Reeeeepost!!

This can't be okay unless you disclose who the big buyer was. Most of us want to know.

lol@ people that bought them for 130 usd :D
lol@ fake bulk buyer "buyback", maybe it is Markus Callender the estate broker?

calypsians:
goats%203.jpg

calypsians:
goats%203.jpg

yap i don't buy this shit also :laugh: nice hit in ballz

calypsians:
goats%203.jpg

more like this:

madsheep.jpg

Buys back from Timkran i would think.. but at least u guys are doing it semi transparently.. kudos to that.. lol

And what was buy back price hmmm??????

Listen, people, what's wrong? If someone still want to get them for 130 - he will refuse now to get them for 115?

WTF in your heads? (smile.jpg)

Biggest bullcrap EVER, if they wanted them to be distributed more evenly they shouldn't have sold them in such batch in the 1st place.. I wonder what the underlying reason(s) is/are.
So far for MA/calypso not interfering with MU's.. way to create confidence & UNDERCUT ALL your investors

Can Bertha please confirm if these deeds will be listed at 1150 peds each with no buy-out?

If the this is not the case, then I’m sure majority of CLD holders, would much prefer these deeds are listed at 1150 bid with a 1300 buy-out to maintain the current capital gain within the market history.

I’m all for providing an opportunity for participants that missed the original sale, but this should not disadvantage current owners by devaluing the current capital gain.

Please confirm your intentions regarding buy-out price.

Many thanks

Rick

Note: This post is my personal view point, and not written or approved as part of the PCF news group team.

most probably it will be 1150 SB and BO, just like last time

It does sound a bit weird and counter-intuitive imo.

- I mean, now why would the "big investor" sell out a part of the CLDs he or she owned?
- Did MA pay a more lucrative offer (of more than 1.3k for each CLD)?
- If so, why sell it at 1.15k now if they did pay him or her more than "1.3k" (assuming MA did?)?
- If they plan to sell it at a "loss", why not just price it at 1k again? :silly2:
- This brings us back to the original question....was there really a big buyer? Since if there was, would such a "buy" back thingy occur so easily?
- From another point of view it does raise an alarming question....is MA playing around with item MUs as well?? :lolup:

Note that MA announced the auction commission had been reduced, except it wasn't.

So anyone who was considering selling has now been hit twice - price has fallen $15, and they still have to pay original commission.

That there was a big single investor was commented on back in April, though I can't find any official announcement. Interesting that MA didn't include any assurance here from him that further tranches would not be sold, at least for a length of time.

The market was saturated at 25,000 (at least 10,000 went to Calypso), so can 5000 be sold at $115?

Glad I don't hold any.

[h=3]MindArk Buys Back Calypso Land Deeds[/h] MindArk announced today that to celebrate the one-year anniversary of the Calypso Land Deed event, MindArk will offer 5,000 deeds at US$115 each.

For those of us who are unfamiliar with buying CLD from auction in this manner, could someone please confirm whether these are offered at $115 buyout or is this just the starting bid?

Come on people, we need to appreciate the fact that there is not a random name for an avatar that lists deeds in auction from a new investor... We could have never known that this ever happened from official sources unless they would have told us. Now we know.

most probably it will be 1150 SB and BO, just like last time

If that is the case then it is unacceptable, especially considering existing owners were not consulted.

It is pleasing to hear that the major CLD holder has reduced their holding. I appreciate the motives to find new investors that may focus on additional deposits, but these deeds should be listed at a buy-out at least to the average sales price over the last 2 weeks, even if the start bid is much lower.

I await the official confirmation, I really wish with some foresight a minor dispute such as this could be avoided.

Rick

I think MA intends to list them at 1,150 buyout, because why else would they state a price. They probably assessed what price they could sell that many at in a short amount of time and came up with the 1,150 figure. Your not going to bring in new buyers without dropping the price below the current market price. I may buy one at that price, but I would not have any interest at the current market price...

If the this is not the case, then I’m sure majority of CLD holders, would much prefer these deeds are listed at 1150 bid with a 1300 buy-out to maintain the current capital gain within the market history.

If this news is going to ruin the MU, setting the buyout to 1300 won't help to keep the old MU.

Meanwhile, people are already dumping their CLD on auc with 1250 BO.

MA knows how to make ppl trust them :woot:

I think MA intends to list them at 1,150 buyout, because why else would they state a price. They probably assessed what price they could sell that many at in a short amount of time and came up with the 1,150 figure. Your not going to bring in new buyers without dropping the price below the current market price. I may buy one at that price, but I would not have any interest at the current market price...

ok then I'm happy to sell my 62 deeds back to MA for 1300 each today and they can list those also at 1150.

If I find 80,600 peds on my ped card tonight after work, then my personal matter is this discussion is closed.

Rick

Sounds more to me like the anonymous "investor" is non-existent, and a more plausible scenario is that MA created 5,000 more CLD's to be sold. Not a bad way to make some more money, if you ask me.

Last edited:
Reactions: das
Reeeeepost!!

Not a repost, MSM broke the news at 11:00 UT prior to it hitting the newswires an hour later, and prior to it being published at the EU website where Bertha Bot picked it up (so I guess it is sort of a repost :laugh:). The MSM article is also written differently based on the full MindArk press release, and not taken from the EU website.

Any breaking news related to Calypso will be published at MSM first, and then immediately posted here at PCF in the sponsored MSM forum area. If it's related to a press release, it will always be published at 7:00am East Coast US, and whatever that works out to be UT, just for future reference.

Sorry for the side-note, but just wanted to clarify.

Thank you.

That's what I make up from the google news also.
& In my books, undercutting current market values DOES NOT create an envirement that promotes (safe) investments.
The other questions that comes to my mind are
1. Who was the 25k cld investor (MA/calypso employee)?
2. Who started the negotiations (MA or the investor)?
3. What price did MA buy them back for?
4. Will MA profit on it or are they just reselling for that investor?

pretty sure some more will pop my mind after some sleep

Ohh nice, I bought some at 1300, and am glad i can get them cheaper now :)

Will have to start emptying out my storage to get some peds again though, all the work :(

Back