MindArk Buys Back Calypso Land Deeds

supply_and_demand.gif

I understand the chart, but it still does not make sence, why is there is such a strong demand for such a bad product?

Mabe the color is pritty?

I understand the chart, but it still does not make sence, why is there is such a strong demand for such a bad product?

Mabe the color is pritty?

Consider what the options were for "investment" within EU prior to CLDs.

Sure would be nice to get some from an npc or FPC avatar. With the exception of that first time I logged in and was shocked to find deeds listed that had already been up for 10 minutes, i've not even seen any listed from the official vendor while at auction. Smells like a brief gap in coverage by auction sniper 2.0 software.

Of course i'm kicking myself for not having most of my intended assets in PEDs at the time.

Of course i'm kicking myself for not having most of my intended assets in PEDs at the time.

You don't stand a chance to grab any from auction anyway (yes yes, i'm disappointend and bitter, and i'm blaming MA).

As long as ROI is over 10%, it's better than the return on any credible enough RL investments.

You don't stand a chance to grab any from auction anyway (yes yes, i'm disappointend and bitter, and i'm blaming MA).

I did get a few that first time i described, but i typically have my PEDs in questionably salable hunting loot. I logged in early Nov. 2 after seeing the updates in this thread about the deeds going up in small batches and disappearing fast, checked auction, and there were at least 10 listings by the official avatar, listed 10 minutes previously! Not realizing that was not going to happen again, I leisurely bought a few and then went to storage to sell off my 101% loots. 5 minutes or so later I came back and there was a 5 stack and 10 stack, but that was it. I only planned on buying a couple more so that wasn't helpful.

Since then i've spent about 6 hours standing at auction at various times of day, refreshing every 2-5 minutes. I've not seen a single listing from the official avatar, but have heard about them during that time in this thread. What i do see is a constant dribble from resellers who are obviously getting in on the 1150 pricing. That's merely the typical EU despicable reseller experience if they are buying through human means. If they are using a bot for it it is obviously a whole different story.

Last edited:
I've not seen a single listing from the official avatar, but have heard about them during that time in this thread. What i do see is a constant dribble from resellers who are obviously getting in on the 1150 pricing.

Just to make sure you're not wasting your time: The official avatar puts the CLDs on global auction. The resellers put them on the Caly auction.

Just to make sure you're not wasting your time: The official avatar puts the CLDs on global auction. The resellers put them on the Caly auction.

Thanks, yeah i read that here and have been looking there. The weird thing is that the first time I hadn't yet read that and was presumably therefore on Calypso auction when I found the deeds. There were other listings by other avatars below them. Maybe that's why they lasted so long that time -- a sneak Caly listing?

Thanks, yeah i read that here and have been looking there. The weird thing is that the first time I hadn't yet read that and was presumably therefore on Calypso auction when I found the deeds. There were other listings by other avatars below them. Maybe that's why they lasted so long that time -- a sneak Caly listing?

Interesting! And a good call on why they lasted so long!

O-kaaaay...

Not had chance to log in until now since these newly re-acquired land deeds hit the auction, but when I visited the local friendly auctioneer what do I find? The cheapest CLD is on at a buyout of 1260peds!

Now I am rather hoping (having declined the rather nice prospect of reading this entire thread) that MindArk are releasing them in batches.

What I also hope is that this time each of them is added to the auction individually. If someone wants to buy a hundred then buy them individually. That way there's less chance of someone with a huge pedcard buying on a whim and squeezing out smaller investors in the process.

O-kaaaay...

Not had chance to log in until now since these newly re-acquired land deeds hit the auction, but when I visited the local friendly auctioneer what do I find? The cheapest CLD is on at a buyout of 1260peds!

Now I am rather hoping (having declined the rather nice prospect of reading this entire thread) that MindArk are releasing them in batches.

What I also hope is that this time each of them is added to the auction individually. If someone wants to buy a hundred then buy them individually. That way there's less chance of someone with a huge pedcard buying on a whim and squeezing out smaller investors in the process.

Sorry to disappoint, but they release them at random, put them up slowly and from 1-50 deeds at a time as far as I have seen. So they are gone in less then a second .. have to be superman to get any, I gave up myself.

But there is a chance tomorrow to buy 1-2 deeds directly from a MA avatar https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?234292-CLD-Sale-Update

O-kaaaay...

you must look at the global auction. If you see CLDs with a buyout of 1260 peds you are looking at the Calypso auction.

Back