MindArk Buys Back Calypso Land Deeds

it should be pointed out that this sale is absolutly no different to the CLD market than if the orginal buyer were to want to dispose of them. this may have been their plan, to periodically reduce their holding at prices above their original price.

those subscribing to conspiracies that the sale was fake should reflect MA could have simply halted the sale instead "we've decided to withdraw the remaining 25k deeds, which may or may not be released to the market in the future". MA wouldn't benefit from lieing about the sale.

WooOOOoooOOO

This is a 5k 'dump' after the 25k 'pump' - both very significant volumes with respect to the 60k release.

Don't become overly leveraged into this game, pls.

This is a 5k 'dump' after the 25k 'pump' - both very significant volumes with respect to the 60k release.

Hmmm...ponders the very significance of those numbers....hmmm.

You sound very knowledgable without saying anything.

First time in history that a "dump" price is higher than the "pump" price. :laugh:

i am the owner of all the deeds! now bow to me slaves! :laugh:

You is been played

Leveraged
lmao
You obviously dont know the company I keep:)

First time in history that a "dump" price is higher than the "pump" price. :laugh:

The 5k offer price (dump) is lower than current market - all that is required to sell fast.

Why would anyone dump when the market price was lower than when they purchased?

Wasn't the price "pumped" to ~1.35k and then "dumped" at ~1.15k to make it look lucrative?

Nonetheless, Skaffen's warning isn't wrong imo. Do not leverage....only play what you can lose.

Serica, aren't you the News Editor in the revived PCF Newsroom? It seems like something you should disclose and not hide to be accurate. You have a stake in getting news early, which means of course you are against someone else doing it. Unfortunately you chose to attack the person who could give that news to you and hide your stake in the matter. That hardly seems like a great move. I wish you the best of luck in your new position though and please do keep an eye on PR Newswire for the latest news.

I was all done with this thread until someone linked me this one. Now I'm forced to reply once more.

I have several points to cover:

First of all, do you know WHY Serica is the News Editor in the revived PCF Newsroom? She only recently became a moderator on PCF to begin with, after all. She is the editor because she is known throughout the game as being one of the most fair players that there is. Her personal integrity is beyond reproach. When PCF decided to take on new mods, the existing mods suggested who would be the most appropriate players for the task, and her name was on top of the list.
For you to imply that her only motivation for objecting to a player having access to market-sensitive information is that she wanted to break the story herself is ignorant, at best. I, for one, am offended that anyone would even have the gall to make such a statement. But to top it off with a snide remark about "...please do keep an eye on PR Newswire for the latest news" is the height of insolence.
If you are the President of the agency that MindArk and Planet Calypso use for public relations, it doesn't surprise me that Entropia Universe is held in such low regard among the gaming community.

Secondly, regarding MS9 receiving this information ahead of the rest of the players...
I will say that I've known MS9 for many years in Entropia, and I consider her a friend. I don't personally believe that she would try to profit on any information given. But this misses the point entirely.
For one thing, she does not work alone. Any member of her team could use any information to profit (or avoid loss). Also, any one of them could make a casual remark to a friend, who could then simply deduce the information. But most importantly, it sets a precedent. If this now, what next?

Thirdly, when Rocktropia first was launched, MS9 spent a considerable amount of energy championing the fact that Neverdie should not be allowed to use his own personal avatar in the game, due to the fact that he would have access to information that nobody else had. And I would say, rightly so. And while I have the utmost respect for MS9, for her to accept information now ahead of its release to the playerbase in general is, in my opinion, inappropriate.

Fourthly, there is the matter of popular perception. For many years, Mindark has suffered from the perception that some avatars are favored over others. That some players get special treatment or information. This arrangement only serves to further that perception. And when this arrangement comes from the President of the agency that MindArk and Planet Calypso use for public relations, it demonstrates incompetence in public relations, to say the least.

Fifthly (yes, I'm a redneck. I'm allowed to use words such as Fifthly), you state that "Mindstar is not getting any type of unfair player advantage here..." and this is not true. Mindstar does, in fact, get unfair advantage, as hers is not the only news service in the game. By this arrangement, she gets an unfair play advantage over PCF (as demonstrated by the quote at the beginning of this reply), over AHR (AtlasHavenRadio), over NR (Normandie Radio), and over any other news service that may come along in the future. Not everyone plays this game the same, and everyone has their own motivations in-game.

In summary, if you want to give MS9 a "scoop" on a story, do so by releasing it to the forum, to the wires, or wherever you like, and then help her out by personally flagging it to her. That will give her plenty of time to be the first to break the story, and using her proven writing talent, she will no doubt put out the best story as well. As long as she is a player in Entropia Universe, however, I maintain that giving her inside information before it is released to the rest of the players is inappropriate.

***Disclosures***

Serica is the leader of the Antipodean Army society, of which I am a member. The reason I am a member is because she is the only society leader in the game whom I would trust enough to lead a society I would join. Were I not a member, I would still defend her name, but I would do so with a lot more swear words.

I am a former member of AHR, as is MS9. I left on good terms almost a year ago, and I frequently interact with their current staff, although I did not talk to any of them about this thread, about CLD's, or about your disrespect to Serica before I posted here.

My time in AHR overlapped with Mel's time there (from NR) and I am on good terms with him, and consider him a friend in game. I also consider many of the NR DJ's to be friends.

I was also in the running to become a moderator on PCF. I consider John Capital to be a friend in game.

711 was instrumental in the launch of AHR.

I gave input into the formation of the PCF Newsroom before it was revived. This input was limited to structure and hierarchy of the newsroom staff, and I have no input as to content or sourcing of material for stories in the Newsroom.

When I left AHR, I began making a station of my own, with a scope unheard of in EU. My entire team has worked full time for almost a year to build this station, and when launched it will be the largest project ever done in Entropia Universe, short of planet partners building new planets.

I trust David from Arkadia's judgement, and as such, I think that MS9 is a good source for you to use for writing news stories and disseminating them to the Entropia playerbase, but I disagree with your view that it is appropriate to give her any information at all that would affect prices within the Universe, especially with expensive items, such as CLD's.

Entropia's grapevine is unlike any other, and every piece of information is always available if you are plugged into the grapevine, because regardless of intentions, people DO talk. People ALWAYS talk. Then other people use that information to deduce what is happening. Sometimes it is wrong, but more often, it is right. Would you like an example? Right now, the grapevine says that the Next Island investors are the ones who bought the CLD's. The logical deduction is that one or more of the Next Island investors pulled out, and triggered a buyback clause. 1150 is the midpoint between the original 1000 and the 1300 ped that the CLD's were going for before all of this happened. The logical conclusion, therefore, is that the buyback clause had a price stipulation to be the midpoint between original and current market price.
People ALWAYS talk.

Last edited:
I was all done with this thread until someone linked me this one. Now I'm forced to reply once more.
all good points, but unfortunately, that post will probably get deleted or edited by a mod in the future, as seems to happen lately a lot more often than is really necessary... :(

Great points fishface, very strange that it needs to be pointed out to some1 who "presumably" works in public relations <removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
Calypso was being sold for 6 million. That sale failed. 60k deeds worth 6 million if all sold were then being sold to players. 34k sold, 25k sold to one player and 1k kept for events and loot prizes.

One possible explanation of the 25k being sold like that could be that MA needed that 6 million for something. Deeds were not selling fast enough so MA sold 25k deeds to an investor with the intentions of paying it back. This is installment 1 of 5 and 20k more deeds maybe eventually resold?:scratch2:

What did MA need that much money for so quickly?:confused:

Other possibility is that the investor got banned?:dunce:

To pay out the withdrawals? There are probably a lot of those lately. If such a rarely globalling player as I am, who hardly ever had been above the 1000th position on ET in hunting, now stays in the top250 for 2 months straight, that means that activity is all time low :)

Calypso was being sold for 6 million. That sale failed. 60k deeds worth 6 million if all sold were then being sold to players. 34k sold, 25k sold to one player and 1k kept for events and loot prizes.

One possible explanation of the 25k being sold like that could be that MA needed that 6 million for something. Deeds were not selling fast enough so MA sold 25k deeds to an investor with the intentions of paying it back. This is installment 1 of 5 and 20k more deeds maybe eventually resold?:scratch2:

Other possibility is that the investor got banned?:dunce:

Maybe MA bought (rent) another castle wolfenstein in germany ? *hint hint*

Reminds me of the federal reserve printing money whenever the US government runs out of it...

Hi Everyone

i have just read this thread start to finish as it was bought to my attention by mr fish as he had mentioned me in it and thought it fair to let me know...

i have + Rep'd some very good posts in this thread.

i will say that we at Normandie radio have a good working rapport with MS9 and also with david dobson of planet arkadia on many levels with things to do with entropia .

but i have to agree with fish and alot of others when it comes to Information being given out to one individual before the rest of the community..

as fish states in his post there are several media outlets within entropia and feel whats good for the goose is good for the gander as the saying goes..

they should all be informed at the same time or none at all before hand so if they want to release the news they have the opportunity to do so .
this info if given should go to ms9 as she owns MSM , david westmoreland as he runs AHR , myself as i run Normandie Radio and fishface when he gets his station up and running ..

myself i dont think anyone should have the info before bertha bot has released it .. then all other media outlets could do a more in depth report on it if they feel the need for it ..

i for one wouldnt want any info before it was released that way you cant be seen to have a unfair advantage over everyone else..thus not creating a sh*t storm like what has happen'd in this thread

regards

all good points, but unfortunately, that post will probably get deleted or edited by a mod in the future, as seems to happen lately a lot more often than is really necessary... :(

Indeed !...

To survive? They've had a negative outcome for several years now, it can't
keep going on like that to long without serious consequences.

This can't be okay unless you disclose who the big buyer was. Most of us want to know.

To be honest with you, this proves that Mindark saved 25 000 deeds and waited for prices to go up in order to make even more cash. <removed> I really hope I'm wrong, but I don't see any other scenarios here..

Oh dear oh dear! As if the news itself weren't big enough on its own in terms of speculation, we then get what appears to be the official PR making a further no-no whoopsie that almost defies belief too.

What I would like to know as facts, if possible are:
Will the deeds have a buyout of 1150 peds, or not?
Will the deeds be put on the all-planet general auction?
Will the deeds be put up as single deeds only, and repeatedly as they are bought up, or will there be batches (in time and quantity)?
Is there a planned deadline for the sales (i.e. will deeds unsold at a certain point be 'available' for a bulk buyer again or be redirected to events etc)?

To be honest with you, this proves that Mindark saved 25 000 deeds and waited for prices to go up in order to make even more cash. <removed> I really hope I'm wrong, but I don't see any other scenarios here..

It proves nothing of the kind.

I can see another scenario.

The buyer of the 25k deeds decided to sell off 5k of his deeds. So instead of selling them on the auction at the rate of 100 a week, which would have taken him an entire year of pain in the ass, he made a deal with mindark. He sold the entire 5k at a discount from market price. Mindark, now turns around and puts them up for auction at the same discounted price. everyone gains, big buyer gets some profit off the table, small investors get a crack at investment at a discounted rate.

Speculating about why big investor sold 20% of his holding is pointless. Any reason could be put forward, but it would be idle and pointless speculation.

To be honest with you, this proves that Mindark saved 25 000 deeds and waited for prices to go up in order to make even more cash. Total scam IMO. I really hope I'm wrong, but I don't see any other scenarios here..

If that is true then when do we get to see the estate broker doing a massive condition run on amps?:cool:

The buyer of the 25k deeds decided to sell off 5k of his deeds. So instead of selling them on the auction at the rate of 100 a week, which would have taken him an entire year of pain in the ass, he made a deal with mindark. He sold the entire 5k at a discount from market price. Mindark, now turns around and puts them up for auction at the same discounted price. everyone gains, big buyer gets some profit off the table, small investors get a crack at investment at a discounted rate.

Speculating about why big investor sold 20% of his holding is pointless. Any reason could be put forward, but it would be idle and pointless speculation.

I think it is possible that if there is an investor that purchased the 25k deeds that if they wanted to sell a large chunk of the deeds like 5k of them then they would have to do it through MA to keep their identity private. Quite possible that it was part of the original purchase agreement of privacy that they could sell some or all back to MA so they could keep their identity hidden.

If that is true then when do we get to see the estate broker doing a massive condition run on amps?:cool:
You remember those moments after VUs when the servers are up but you still can't enter? That's when they craft L13 amps on condition and hunt gibnibs with AMMs :cool:

Hi Everyone

i have just read this thread start to finish as it was bought to my attention by mr fish as he had mentioned me in it and thought it fair to let me know...

i have + Rep'd some very good posts in this thread.

i will say that we at Normandie radio have a good working rapport with MS9 and also with david dobson of planet arkadia on many levels with things to do with entropia .

but i have to agree with fish and alot of others when it comes to Information being given out to one individual before the rest of the community..

as fish states in his post there are several media outlets within entropia and feel whats good for the goose is good for the gander as the saying goes..

they should all be informed at the same time or none at all before hand so if they want to release the news they have the opportunity to do so .
this info if given should go to ms9 as she owns MSM , david westmoreland as he runs AHR , myself as i run Normandie Radio and fishface when he gets his station up and running ..

myself i dont think anyone should have the info before bertha bot has released it .. then all other media outlets could do a more in depth report on it if they feel the need for it ..

i for one wouldnt want any info before it was released that way you cant be seen to have a unfair advantage over everyone else..thus not creating a sh*t storm like what has happen'd in this thread

regards

Agreed. The purpose of media outlets isnt to compete for who gets the first story. The purpose of media outlets is to compete for who tells the story the best, researches it the most, and as a result engages their audience and makes them want to return again and again.

So far nobody really has made me care about the news in EU. There have been some attempts, and lots of great ideas, but as far as I'm concerned no real follow through to date. I'm not sure people have an idea yet on how to make a real mark in the media scene. There is a dearth of meaningful communication. Perhaps it's best to start there. Instead of reposting PR fluff dig a little deeper.

Oh dear oh dear! As if the news itself weren't big enough on its own in terms of speculation, we then get what appears to be the official PR making a further no-no whoopsie that almost defies belief too.

What I would like to know as facts, if possible are:
Will the deeds have a buyout of 1150 peds, or not?
Will the deeds be put on the all-planet general auction?
Will the deeds be put up as single deeds only, and repeatedly as they are bought up, or will there be batches (in time and quantity)?
Is there a planned deadline for the sales (i.e. will deeds unsold at a certain point be 'available' for a bulk buyer again or be redirected to events etc)?

I second this post! :wise:

What is better for MA?!?
MA pay each month 40k US$ to a single investor for the earnings of the 25k deeds?
Or split the deeds to smaler ammounts spread on many avatars which hold the money ingame and use it for hunting/mining or whatever?

I bet MA just noticed the fault and made this Investor an offer to buy them back.
For MA is this the best option instaed of loosing each month 40k US$ to a single Avatar.

something like this quite possible.
my question is, i have quite a bit of lyst from mining amethera in the last few days, i have so much it would be a pain to sell and might take me all year, where can i find the guy from MA so he buys all this lyst off me. :p

Back