Article: Building the First High-End 3D Game in a Virtual Arab World: Planet Toulan

i have the feeling we get yet another planet that wants calypso people and have not axactly a lot of faith in it.
the people there have to pay for each MB they use so so arabic people are hard to reach as they mentioned.

also have the feeling it will look like greece , in debt and useless lol
but i hope otherwise.

Can't wait to add a magic carpet to my collection of vehicles :D

Free to play...right :silly2:

What the developers actually said was:
“Everyone is going free-to-play,” says Hujeij. “We’re going after different revenue streams, including micro transactions; we’re working to make the in-game virtual economy worth real cash.”

So they're clear that its a micro-transaction income model.

However the article later says:
"By going free-to-play, the team has also ..."
so it's possible the journalist didn't fully understand Hujeij's statement.

The team seem to understand the issues facing them. This is a very good sign.

Also very interesting that they are marketing and making the game for the middle east. The game really needs new players and to see that being addressed by a PP is always good news. Let's hope their marketing is successful.

I'm very happy to see a MENA region group of game developers try to create a new game concept out of their Mindark partnership. And, if the game once implemented does gain some traction in the Mideast, then I wouldn't be surprised to see some additional financial support being offered to develop it further. There is a lot of money in the Middle East, looking for creative ideas that support and encourage local cultures. Unlike some of the other Planet Partner development groups, who seem to be very small operations with trouble finding additional backing to develop further, once they get their basic concept going.

I'm looking forward to this planet, will be interesting to see what they can do and feels a bit different. It also looks like they have a descent big team.

Back