Planet calypso content release 2012.6

Adding new components is totally nuts. We already have loads of unused ones, never mind unused / underused ones from beacons.

This. :wise:

We (Planet Calypso) have 2 full books of compontents already and 90% of them have no uses at all.

Oh and I dislike the TT decay on vehicles.

Basicaly MA shall implement new vehicles with new stats ( even named same like old ones ). It's stupid messing all the time with stats of items we already own. Be it L or unL. Each such change ppl losing confidence in MA. So much potential wasted by so many amateurs chaotic decisions :/

They start to kill the own game !:wise:

So the RT gift vehicles decay, the Arkadia gift vehicles decay, the Thing vehicles decay, but the valk T1 doesnt. Gotcha.

Well, i guess it is a hard descission for MA. Seems they run low on cash so they need to do something.

1. Short term thinking: We need the money now! Let us gain some extra cash by letting the players bleed some more (litterally spoken). Higher Decay, new miss-features, tools less efficient, new components (even so we have lots of unused BPs) and so on.

2. Long term thinking: We need that money, but it would be better to attract more players with an affordable game and a more positive attitude from existing players. So in the longrun more players = more money. Let us improve loot, keep existing tools as they were, get some use for existing BPs that didn't have a use for now and especially LISTEN TO THE PLAYERS...

guess which way MA is heading...

I never think they are genius enough to check out option 2. They go the option 1 way, and they never have in mind to change this to option 2.

I for me, i stay short for give up that game.. I'm really angry about the last 3 VUs!

I don't think the universe should be littered with immortal Free Gift (L) vehicles - having them wear out with use is a good call.

Extending 'decay with use' to crafted (L) vehicles is logical, and if small enough reasonable, but no one will ever like it.

More (UL) vehicles should be available.

But one more thing I would really like is to be able to 'place as object' - to display in an estate, etc. without spawning it as an active vehicle.

:beerchug:

Miles

Someone PLEASE give me a reason NOT to sell out. I've been beating my head off the wall all day at work thinking about the Mob changes and that STUPID dance.... I'm FURIOUS right now and I sincerely mean it. I really just want to sell my skills and leave EU for good but don't wanna make any rash decisions...

Please give me a reason to stay because there is NOTHING left for me in EU.

In the mean time... Until I make a SOLID final decision I'll continue fapping. Should have LOTS of business now with the Levi Nerf and so many players half way through thier missions.

Menace

vu 2012.6/12.10 sumary

New VU :yay:New ava,:yay: Tamming = :coffee: :bs: :computer: :rofl:stronger mobs :grumble: more decay:nutkick: FUMA :handjob: = no more depo

Lars Falx is at: Calypso (35689, 46642, 164)

Falxanginus stage one is 1000 kill points.

aw man I knew this day would come.. Prot iron mission. I don't know if it's good or bad. I'm gonna look away.
:laugh:

and wow crazy changes to the mobs.

I agree with new components... wtf??? We have so many not used, adding more seems more complicated than necessary. But what do I know?:confused:

I agree with new components... wtf??? We have so many not used, adding more seems more complicated than necessary. But what do I know?:confused:

The new component blueprints (at least the two I checked in auction) uses sweat and nova fragments, that might be the reason they made new ones instead of using the old.

Someone PLEASE give me a reason NOT to sell out. I've been beating my head off the wall all day at work thinking about the Mob changes and that STUPID dance.... I'm FURIOUS right now and I sincerely mean it. I really just want to sell my skills and leave EU for good but don't wanna make any rash decisions...

In the mean time... Until I make a SOLID final decision I'll continue fapping. Should have LOTS of business now with the Levi Nerf and so many players half way through thier missions.

Menace

The only reason I have right now is cause ur cool and I want to see you around still. Other than that I am taking a break from the game and playing other stuff. It makes me feel so crappy each time a VU comes out and I hear things like this from players. We should be excited and not go WTF. I never understand their logic.

You should make big decisions while being calm, not furious. In a couple of days, a lot of these changes will look far smaller.

You should make big decisions while being calm, not furious. In a couple of days, a lot of these changes will look far smaller.
Best decisions are usually made right before saying "Dude, hold my beer...".

The NERF that broke the camels back

The last 3 VU's and the DIBS C Card fukup have pushed me to the edge with MA and their ignorant management decisions.

I will not be following their recommendation to "select another deposit option", in fact I won't be depositing anymore. MA can go find another sucker to bleed dry.

There's a lot more that I'd like to say, but nobody at MA cares to listen to their paying customers so I won't waste my time.

MA can now carry on as usual and continue not caring if they still have a business in 6 months.

Items
A large number of new craftable weapons along with associated blueprints and components have been introduced.
Missions
Iron Challenges have been introduced for the following creatures: Combibo, Falxangius and Proteron. The Combibo mission broker can be found in Nus Lull, the Falxangius broker stands inside the Vermilion Fields fort, and the Proteron broker is located in Fort Troy.
Art
Four new weapon models have been added to Planet Calypso and assigned to some of the newly introduced weapons, both looted and crafted.
Changes
The reset delay for the Daikiba, Traeskeron, Gokibusagi and Rextelum wave events have been reduced to 15 minutes.

Good work, keep these improving changes coming.

Extra decay of vehicles, changes to mobs ...
I applaud balancing (it's not popular, at least not for ppl seeing yet another decrease in value of owned stuff, but it's necessary in every healthy and evolving system, so i will accept the weapon changes there's still plenty of weapons anyone can use, tho some compensation for example for a hunter a temporary L nontradeable gun that replaces the now unusable L gun bcz of skillchanges by MindArks), however the change to the vehicles L decaying by use seems unnecessary (on top of the decay that already happened! sometimes i got hit 10-30 times for x-xx dmg bcz of some fault in the terrain, pvp decay, etc). Also the change to mobs seems way too unidirectional (increased cost to kill, defense mainly) ... Reminds me of a management case anecdote: a company so focused on maximizing profit might try - amongst lots of other things - cutting costs by buying cheaper toilet paper in the company you work will not result in less costs, but in frustrated workers, who will be feeling rightfully underappreciated, unheard, unvalued, maybe they won't work as good as they used to, maybe they will simply waste more of their work time cleaning their hands because they went thru the thinner paper again, ... either way you are almost guaranteed it will backfire and end up costing you a lot more than it could possibly save ... Let those who have ears, hear.

=> My avatar vu12.10:
  • Deposit speed postponed indefinitely.
  • Focus on other projects than Entropia increased by ~20%.
  • Desire to help in pr and bring in more friends reduced on all maturities.
  • Aggression versus nerfs increased on all maturities.
  • Sense of humor unaffected.

Ofcourse base loot is lower, it also costs less to kill 1 mob now (less HP to take down). I don't see any problem with that tbh.

Well, cost less to kill it but will increase your armor and fap decay since they hit more and harder, so in the end i say the cost to kill might be equal while the loot will be lesser... :rolleyes:

So the RT gift vehicles decay, the Arkadia gift vehicles decay, the Thing vehicles decay, but the valk T1 doesnt. Gotcha.

where do u ppl saw this cause i might be blind and not seeing where it says such thing? :scratch2:

I like the decay on noob vehicles, and I would not mind some sort of slow decay on regular vehicles either. Not that I mind having the same vehicles for over a year now, but maybe the vehicle crafters do!

Their markup has plummeted, and they cant sell some types now at all. Its really pointless.

maybe because MA & PP's keep introducing new vehicles to new players and gifts to the rest. How can you make a market for vehicles if the developer keeps dumping more and more into the game for free. Being a (L) item has has way less to do with the market problems

where do u ppl saw this cause i might be blind and not seeing where it says such thing? :scratch2:

Hey if you look at the info screen of the hover pods or the jeep or the chopper, you will see a moving decay listing for the free ones. Now look at the T1 the free valk you get on caly there is no moving decay listing on it as on the other worlds free cars.

I think the vehicle decay is ok for the free ones, when you can buy a similar one.

But for gifts like the broom it is not ok. You can not loot/craft new ones. When every broom is damaged they will be lost.

I guess the message to take away from this is:
Minimal Defence Decay and more skills, which is quite good in the long run.

The thing I'm not in favour of is attack speed reduction, it makes things more boring.

Regen reduction is actually quite good.

In so many words, it's obvious that since MA is failing to get new players into this game, and that nerfs such as those implemented in this VU will affect new players and possibly be a detraction from continued play, they made the decision to just milk more out of the current depositing playerbase.

Hey, you can always go to Next Island. No nerfs there.
I wonder what's in store for us with the next VU. Maybe the macarena dance? I can't wait!:yay:

Last edited:

Menace

Ok, I'll try.

About 4 years ago (might be 5 even) regenerating mobs were introduced, also Feffoids and Atrox not only had this added they also had their HP greatly increased. With CE2, 3 years ago, mob speed was greatly increased (all mobs)

So this is just another change to mob behavior, its not new, and I doubt it'll be the last change we will see.

As regards the dance, Bjorn from Mindark (I think) said it took less than 2 hours to code, and again, a few years back "Sporty" emote was brought in. I think its gone now - Gungnam may disappear one day in the same way.

Hope that helped. :)

2 hours ?

I would like to pay for the 2 hours of coding work needed to implement sitting down and lying down on the ground ...

Ido

Ok, I'll try.

About 4 years ago (might be 5 even) regenerating mobs were introduced, also Feffoids and Atrox not only had this added they also had their HP greatly increased. With CE2, 3 years ago, mob speed was greatly increased (all mobs)

So this is just another change to mob behavior, its not new, and I doubt it'll be the last change we will see.

As regards the dance, Bjorn from Mindark (I think) said it took less than 2 hours to code, and again, a few years back "Sporty" emote was brought in. I think its gone now - Gungnam may disappear one day in the same way.

Hope that helped. :)

A pretty good summary, but that doesn't change the fact we are still living the game with high frustrations from missing promissed contents that never come, while mindark are continuing to implement totally un-necessary features or nerfs in their infinite crusade to rip us off even more, instead of entertaining us as I thought that this was their purpose.

"Enjoy your experience in Entropia Universe"

Its just eleven mobs. A lot of mobs remain unchanged. Bunch of mobs got easier. More different mobs getting hunted can only be good.

11 mobs here, 5 mobs there another few in few months and few mobs some months ago. After some time...tadaaamm...whole hunting is changed for worse and noone ever noticed course it was samll changes all the time.

A pretty good summary, but that doesn't change the fact we are still living the game with high frustrations from missing promissed contents that never come, while mindark are continuing to implement totally un-necessary features or nerfs in their infinite crusade to rip us off even more, instead of entertaining us as I thought that this was their purpose.

Well, I imagine some people did find the new dance entertaining. I think little amusing touches like that are important, and add to the character of the game. And letting employees work on little fun mini-projects like that can create a more enjoyable work environment, and sometimes may lead to something bigger. Sure, there was probably something more important the guy who knocked that up could have been working on instead. Probably that's what he's working on again now, maybe a little refreshed from a bit of variety. 80% of a happy developer's time will bring much faster results than 100% of a burnt-out developer's time.

Back