PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thumbs Down Vehicle driving decay nerf.

Dear MA

How many years of running a MMORPG with a real cash economy will it take for you to understand the simple fact that forcefully breaking (nerfing) items your customers bought for their hard earned money (even if got for free as a gift) will only result in a MAJOR LOSS OF TRUST your customers put in the product (Entropia Universe) you are offering to them ?

Bad idea: Selling great looking fresh apples for 2 USD / kilogram, having a security guard catch the customer when he is on his way out of the store and take the apples from him, giving him the exact same amount of rotten, filled with worms apples.

Get it ???

That customer will never come to the store again.

---

The proper way if you really need to fix the vehicle crafting market which you broke by allowing planet owners to flood the market with free vehicles:

Leave all the already owned/purchased/traded units intact.
    Stop giving them out for free to every new avatar (completely not caring about 100s of avatars made just for freebie vehicles).
    Make new decaying versions.
    Start giving out these new decaying versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bertha Bot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    New Features[*]Vehicles - Some vehicles now deteriorate when driven, this information is displayed in the vehicle’s item info panel. When a vehicle reaches minimum condition, the driver and all passengers will be ejected from the vehicle. These deterioration changes have been applied thus far to rookie, gift and other specialty vehicles, in order to ensure that Limited vehicles are indeed Limited and do not last indefinitely.
    I think all my vehicles are crafted, so it doesn't really affect me directly regardless if the decay is only applied to SI or also to TT.
    But it affects me indirectly - i just can't look at how they run their business, at all the little and not so little ****ups.
    Oink oink oink !!!

Slayer
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
    Society
    Freelancer
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I am just hoping it is the free vehicles that decay fast. It will encourage players to buy crafted ones. I hope.
    "Scars mark the journey through life..."
    Starfinder XXI: Warp Transport Service (WTS) Calypso and Arkadia, Total kick arse SI 64000
    Buying: Umbranoid Paste Pot 1500Ped
    Buying: Earth Globe Lamp, 1500Ped.
    Celeste North Shop 13: Deep Space Supplies: Arkadian items for sale!
    Darrell "Dimebag" Lance Abbott (August 20, 1966 – December 8, 2004) R.I.P.
    Jeff Hanneman (January 31, 1964 – May 2, 2013) R.I.P.

Prowler
    Killarious K-Max Maximillion
    Society
    Don't Feed the Animals
    These deterioration changes have been applied thus far to rookie, gift and other specialty vehicles, in order to ensure that Limited vehicles are indeed Limited and do not last indefinitely.

Which will mean that more L vehicles will decay also So will come to the end pretty textured and painted vehicles. noone wants to pay crap loads on texturing and painting costs on something that decays to shit in short while then have to pay all over again to redo it on the next vehicle. Truly a crappy move on MA's side, I understand the freebie and gift stuff but not the customizable L stuff.

Even quadwing decay for flying is stupid really, 40+ friggen minutes between planets in space taking decay, give me a break, at least on planet there are so many tp's you just need to fly short ways and can tp to reduce decay but in space your screwed, it is 40+ minutes of continual decay on top of fuel cost and planet entry and thruster use why doesn't MA just start charging for minutes logged in geesh.....
    --K-Max--
    "The Habitat Bargain Bin" (Omegaton West Habitat, Delta Bldg, Blk A, Shop 5)

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Magnus Svarog
    Society
    freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aandar View Post
    I think all my vehicles are crafted, so it doesn't really affect me directly
    Yet.

These deterioration changes have been applied thus far
    It's quite clear that it's only the first step on the way

to ensure that Limited vehicles are indeed Limited and do not last indefinitely

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Bill Airboy Ivanhoe
    Images
    I actually think this is a good think, because limited should be limited and so it's not so strange the items actually decays when we use them. But the decay should be very low from a ordinary use. I believe small amount of decay on all items when we use them is a good thing for the economy and a benefit for all of is in the long run.

its going to be funny when they add maxium tt decay to ul weapons one of these days

@Moderators: This thread is more about generally "nerfing is a stupid idea" than just about vehicles.
    The nerf was only a new impulse to again say what i said here so many times.

I don't really mind, but are you sure it belongs in the vehicles subforum ???
    Oink oink oink !!!

Gallyon Luckycharm Sundstrand
    Society
    The Dung Kickers
    Images
    Next step is repairable ones decay as well and need to be repaired once in a while perhaps TT value-wise.
    EU Nova Fragment harvester... funding the lootpools since 2006.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    max hawk phoenix
    Society
    Damage Inc.
    Images
    Sweaters are going to love it - back to using tp chips
    HOLY COW CUBS WIN!!!
    Ask me and I probably will - tell me and I probably won't

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    CHOPPER
    Society
    Sanctuary
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Few Scars View Post
    I am just hoping it is the free vehicles that decay fast. It will encourage players to buy crafted ones. I hope.
    Hope all you want but this will probably have the reverse effect..

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast