Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ermik View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

but people always thinks its us vs MA,

cheers

ermik

The customer spending money=US
    The company accepting our money=THEM

It's not a negative way of thinking about the relationship that way..it's just a fact

Fact is that MA consistently changes the terms of this "relationship" it's not at all unreasonable that the customers get sick of this "dynamic" behavior that rarely benefits the customers.

Quote Originally Posted by sighlentz View Post
    These deterioration changes have been applied thus far to rookie, gift and other specialty vehiclesSo you can count on it happening to other (L) vehicles when MA is ready for that too.
    My guess is that this model will be applied to upcoming motherships (as it was said that all newer motherships would be (L)).

if they release a (L) mothership I can afford, ill totally stop bitching about them breaking my Artic Jeep and other (L) vehicles.

Bring on the Noobie Free Quest Mothership! any planet want to make one?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    James Bo Clayton
    Society
    Spartans
    Images
    My poor broom I paid a lot of money for that broom, almost 200ped and in my contry, the stunt MA just puled off would be eligal. We have what is refered to as "grandfathered rites" in french it's called "un droit aquis"

I bought that broom under certain conditions and expectations for real money, on the MA auction, to change these conditions withought warning and withought the purchasers agrement is called fraud where I come from.

As others have said in this thread, MA could have done it diferently, respecting the past owners of items that were aquired under the old system. I have no problem with changing the system so that new items fall under new rules but the old items should have been left unafected.

Yet i have grown to expect this type of unjust arogent behavior from MA, it's the reason i did not vote for EU as best MMORG and also the reason I will never buy any CLD. Seriously, you want me to buy these at over 100usd each from a company that can and does change the rules anytime it wants to with no moral consiousness of fairplay and what is just and right?

Consider yourself lucky your under Swedish law MA, here in Canada you would never get away with a stunt like this.

James-Clayton-Styling " Stand Out From The Crowd "

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Ary Steve Hunter
    Society
    Irken Invaders
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aandar View Post
    Dear MA

How many years of running a MMORPG with a real cash economy will it take for you to understand the simple fact that forcefully breaking (nerfing) items your customers bought for their hard earned money (even if got for free as a gift) will only result in a MAJOR LOSS OF TRUST your customers put in the product (Entropia Universe) you are offering to them ?

Bad idea: Selling great looking fresh apples for 2 USD / kilogram, having a security guard catch the customer when he is on his way out of the store and take the apples from him, giving him the exact same amount of rotten, filled with worms apples.

Get it ???

That customer will never come to the store again.

---

The proper way if you really need to fix the vehicle crafting market which you broke by allowing planet owners to flood the market with free vehicles:

Leave all the already owned/purchased/traded units intact.
    Stop giving them out for free to every new avatar (completely not caring about 100s of avatars made just for freebie vehicles).
    Make new decaying versions.
    Start giving out these new decaying versions.

I think all my vehicles are crafted, so it doesn't really affect me directly regardless if the decay is only applied to SI or also to TT.
    But it affects me indirectly - i just can't look at how they run their business, at all the little and not so little ****ups.
    Ok i do agree with decaying the begginner cars's, But when they released the first cars, i made 400 ped from selling it

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Drake Slade Corbett
    Society
    Southern Cross Training Centre
    Images
    My car from the newbie island on Calypso does not indicate it has Movement Decay in the notes, neither does the Red Truck I got from graduating. However my Hover Bike had the new feature and so did my Soc Mate's Hover Pod.

Can someone add a Movement Decay Yes/No column to the Vehicles Chart on Entropedia.info? I cannot figure out how to add it.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    ermik ermik ermik
    Society
    Apoc
    Images
    What amazes me is the fact that so many people ignore whats good for the EU as a whole just to protect a broom they bought for 200 ped.

Yeah, lets focus on whats really important.

Ofcourse i understand that a investment in coloring a L item seems like waste now ( well to me it did before this nerf anyway but.. ) but its not like comparing it to making modmerc L and shit as people compare it to.

Its a change wich will generate alot of effects, more crafting more activity in the economy, sure as hell alot more microtransactions.

If you go to space, you see a million motherships and privateers not even beeing used for what they were meant to do, transporting people, they are used as skilling machines wich imo is soo wrong , if your quad decays when used maybe less people will fly solo.

Try and look at the big picture instead on how it affects YOU, we are in this together and adapting is the most important ( and sometimes hardest ) part of playing Entropia Universe.

cheers

ermik
    Quote Originally Posted by Artrat View Post
    Plus you whiny fucks have been complaining about loot returns for years, now MA actually changes it and you're all like "Noooo, My CLD returns!".

Children in fucking tinfoil hats.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    James Bo Clayton
    Society
    Spartans
    Images
    What is this garbage I'm supost to let myself get f....d by MA "for the cause" " for the greater good" BULL !!! I'm not bending over for MA or anyone, I have been robed !!! You want to sacrifice yourself "for the cause" join the peace coor but give me all your money first !

James-Clayton-Styling " Stand Out From The Crowd "

Stalker
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Marie TheOne Omega
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ermik View Post
    What amazes me is the fact that so many people ignore whats good for the EU as a whole just to protect a broom they bought for 200 ped.

Yeah, lets focus on whats really important.
    I think it's far more complicated than that (at least for many people). It's about what's good for the community as a whole, versus what's good for the individuals in the community. The pattern to which many object is the one where, time after time, MindArk implements changes that may have an overall positive effect on the game, but often do a great deal of harm to a significant subset of the player base. Everyone will end up in one of these harmed subsets if they stick around in EU; long-term players will get stuck in them time after time.

The question I believe folks are trying to raise is whether the positive effects of such major structural game play changes are worth being hit with the wrecking ball every X times it swings around.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Oberon Nightseer Farseeker
    Society
    @@ Ninja Glitch @@
    Images
    Is decay for broom 1PEC per use? Or is it based on amount of use? I spawned a broom and then picked it up, 1PEC decay. That's 100 or so uses for a broom now?

This should not stand, either buy these brooms back at the price we paid for them or make them repairable, or some other just solution. I understand the reasons for doing it but we should have been informed before they were ever distributed. This is a classic bait and switch, a scam, and whether intended as such or not it's still reeks of poor judgement at the very least, and criminal behavior at the worst, and that's my opinion.

-Obie-

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast