Hunting space horrors bugged from MS gun

jetsina

Elite
After not having done any shooting in space for a while because the crit hits were not working inspace, I decided to retry. And what did I find?: shots from a mothership front gun go through mobs even more than before. Not yellow misses, but mobs that become unshootable even while active and fairly close. It had been annoying in the past to have 1 in 100 or so mobs go 'transparent', but moving the ship a bit and retrying usually got them shootable again.
But I now had 3 unshootable mobs in under 10, and 1 even accepted the first shot, THEN went transparent! I moved the ship a bit and retried - same problem, and MS guns are expensive to fire.

In short, I didn't even get to see whether crit hits are now working properly, and the new extended transparency is making horrors completely unhuntable!

How is it that things that work in EU slowly become more and more 'shoddy'? Yes, there have been improvements, and EU has so much potential, but overall the developments are going downhill in my opinion. Get stuff working properly PLEASE!

Hello Jets and welcome back to space hunting ;)

The rate at which mobs become unhitable hasnt changed much, it is merely a combination of how they are herded and later on lined up for killing with the mothership. If they get moved to much over each other crossing their own flightpaths they do happen to block / shield each other (becomming unhitable) - abit of movement sometimes helps but most reliable way is to fly right through them and take them under fire from the other side.
Ususally the front gun also is the most effected gun as mobs position towards the ships hitbox when aggroed, shielding the straight direction often if to close - but if you are on a upper gun and have the mobs infront you will have a different shooting angle and can shoot past the 'shield' more likely.

In regards to crits, they still dont work -> the higher skilled you are getting a higher crit rate will mean you hit more often for less :eyecrazy:
The ranking for payouts is still the same as planetside, which means that someone who has cycled alot planetside will more likely score a nice global in space then any pure spacehunter because you just can cycle more peds over time down on the planets.
Can we please get some balancing sometime soon Mindark ?

Hey Jets :) They have always been like this, well for us anway. And I agree - its a complete pain in the ass!!

However, its managable - Its how the pilot has stacked them. Your mobs are effectively blocking each other, if they are stacked tight on her nose, then theres a high chance many of them will suffer this. Pulling the ships nose out of the mob ball, and getting the mobs to sit a little less tight solves it :)

Even to get them in a line rather than a mob ball, means they cant block each other as much :) Usually we will have to get the pilot to do a couple of ship manouvers whilst gunners are shooting to keep all mobbies free.

I guess you suffer the same fate as us, the bigger the ship, the bigger the mob ball it can handle - the less the mobs behave them selves and line up properly! :laugh:

I highly suggest addopting Sashes Queing system :laugh::eyecrazy:
attachment.php

wow - great to have your swift replies! :)
Maybe I'd always lined them up better in the past then (love the mob queueing pic!). It had always been something like 20 mobs which I'd had tailing us before turning the ship and putting them ready for myself on the front gun, but this time not even 10 just as a test. This is why I was surprised and wtf to be getting wasted shots on the small ball, even after removing the ship a bit....

Anyway, if crits are still bugged then that's a small but valuable part of the shooting system effectively nerfed, so I shall go back to playing meteor tails with our space pet pals until MA fixes it.

Back