State of the Universe Address 2013

Really good roadmap. Obviously very excited for TEN items dropping, I completely missed SGA and the original gold in 2003 was sooooo long ago :)

Don't particularly care about taming, but it might shut some people up if it's actually implemented

Thanks for your support.

this message was brought especially to you by the letters F and U

Thanks for your support.

this message was brought especially to you by the letters F and U

While I do feel sorry for tamers for not having their profession (I know I wouldn't like it if Mindforce was removed), I do have to agree with Aio a bit here...

Yes, tamers have the right to be critical, annoyed and complain about taming not being back.
Yes, it sometimes goes too far (when it is repeatedly posted in tons of threads about something completely different).

if they nail this roadmap they will have my full trust and respect!

big up MA!

Seems like taming never came because they were working on behind the scenes platform improvements. The results of which which we may start seeing in the new year.

Also if taming is to be a core system in a new planet it's likely to not only have taken a lot of time to develop but also may need features of the new EU platform for it to work.

Now that we know what they have been working on, to be honest I think it's a good choice over taming. However, I do hope it comes soon because tamers have had a tough time that's for sure.

Space may have also been placed on back burner over platform improvements. Again good choice because we really did need those improvements and an expansion of the player base. With all these new planets appearing the player base has to expand otherwise none of the planets will be profitable.

Hey,

cool roadmap, very excited about the the TEN stuff. And the new players and platform improvements.

I don't really know whats wrong with space but to me it seems fine, i don't need space. Taming was fun and i hope it comes back soon and will be very much improved :)

Regards
Thark

It is encouraging to see that there is a concentration on adjusting the aspects that really p%ss players off.

eg., No Looter's!, equipping fees etc. These whilst small are unecessary negatives on the game play and can lose both new and older players.

Not mentioned, I think is the missed shots another annoying little incident. Using a high dps weapon 2-3 pec a shot that you are maxed on and to have multiple misses in a row is annoying.

On a larger scale such as Veteran Appreciation, Taming and the apparent commitment to addressing the concerns of players in this post is all a big plus.

I look forward to these improvements in the future and thanks MA for this informative post.

Systems Development
While there certainly was a big focus on the new player experience in 2012, there were also tons of other enhancements and improvements introduced for existing participants, many of which were given priority based on feedback received through support cases and on community forums. Some of the highlights of those improvements include:

• New and improved crafting interface - I couldn't care less about this.
  • Instance system - major improvements and expansion (beacons/dungeons) - Same here. But ofc it was a good change overall.
  • Improved creature loot balancing - I have a hard time believing this & want to call this FALSE, with old items no longer dropping but replaced with new stuff altogether. Also because Mindark you have literally killed off all the markup mobs that a low-mid level player can hunt over time with the last one being apparently "adjusted" in VU 12.10. What the hell, if your going to kill the markup I may as well not bother playing. What I mean by kill off is change something, ie drop rate or removing certain loots from specific mobs for no reason at all. All for the sake of improved loot balancing, splendid...
  • Mission system enhancements & rebalancing - Yeah not a bad thing.
  • Mindforce improvements and new effects - Really good stuff was done here.
  • Dozens of critical bugfixes and user interface optimizations

2013 ROADMAP
Veteran Appreciation
Issues that will be prioritized include:

• Fixing bugs - Great just get them done.
  • Reducing cost to play / increasing average TT returns - If you give me a 99% return rate all I need on avg is 111% markup, but to profit at the end of the day MU is key, so do your best to prioritise this. And stop messing with markup already available from current mobs, don't fix what isn't broken please! Return back all the previous loot from the mobs that used to drop ORES ie ARGO, DRONE & others.
  • Lowering the volatility of returns for many activities - This is the best thing I've seen so far. Make it happen.
  • Increasing UL item tiering speed / lowering UL item tiering cost - Also a good thing to add.
  • Removing the UL armor equipping fee - GREAT! I love UL stuff.
  • Lowering the minimum usable condition of many items - Also brilliant, cause my weapon doesn't need to have 10000 PED TT VALUE for me to use it.

Many other interface improvements and game system upgrades are also planned for the second quarter of 2013 and beyond, including items such as removing exploits and much more. - This made me giggle a little bit :laugh:.

New starter packs will soon be offered on the Entropia Universe and planet partner websites. These packs are designed to provide new participants with a full range of appropriate starter gear at a reasonable cost, and help them start their Entropia Universe careers off on the right foot.
I've inputted my opinions & comments in with this broadcast. I want to stick around so please do your best to do all of what is written here and more. I want cost to play reduced, loot volatility reduced drastically, overall returns to be increased & for markup to be re-introduced & made new again please & I will be a very happy bunny. Overall this announcement made my day. Thanks MindArk.

~Mark~

Last edited:
Taming had features in the pre-cryo version of taming? that's new to me, changing the name and brushing a pet i wouldn't exactly call features.

What about using them for big, space wasting, annoying advertising? Wasn't that a great feature...? :scratch::laugh:

Very good. Now use the chance to show us (depositing avatar partners) that the label "Broken Promises (TM)" is'nt longer valid.

That sounds very exiting !! especially this:

Lowering the minimum usable condition of many items

finally no more 50% stupid limit on SIB item? WOOOOOOOOOOOT !

I would have been in heaven if i also could read

"introduction of melee amp to make them fair compared to guns"

gimme

MELEE AMP !!

[REMOVED RESPONSE TO DELETED POST]

"introduction of melee amp to make them fair compared to guns"

gimme

MELEE AMP !!
you forgot to mention that the melee amps need to increase both dps and dpp for anyone to use it, and ul versions thats at least possible to get (dont have to be +100 but not +10k either)

Last edited by a moderator:
Additionally, one of the upcoming new Entropia Universe planets will make extensive use of the new taming system as a core aspect of the planet’s theme.

OK, if this is even remotely true, {removed} this sounds like it could be pretty exciting, really hope that 2013 is not another empty taming promise year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Additionally, one of the upcoming new Entropia Universe planets will make extensive use of the new taming system as a core aspect of the planet’s theme.

OK, if this is even remotely true, {removed} this sounds like it could be pretty exciting, really hope that 2013 is not another empty taming promise year.

Yep, this is great news really if it actually comes about this year. It will immediately give the planet it's own little niche. Exciting year ahead hopefully.

Sounds great. Merry Christmas and Happy New Years :yay:

Well, let us give them a small benefit of the doubt just to see if maybe they actually manage to shape up.

I can't make any funny comments because the mod is threatening to ban me if there is even a slightest bit of humor in my posts, which is really pretty funny in itself, the smallest amount of power I have ever seen go so completely to anyones head...seriously:)

Last edited:
Well, let us give them a small benefit of the doubt just to see if maybe they actually manage to shape up.

I can't make any funny comments because the mod is threatening to ban me if there is even a slightest bit of humor in my posts, whihc is really pretty funny in itself, the smallest amount of power I have ever seen go so completely to anyones head...seriously:)

So you're being threatened to toe the line...nice.
Last time that shit happened that forum dissapeared.
Those who forget history are desitined to repeat it. ;)

Lots of giggles, laughs and chuckles at the state of the universe.

Anyway I can't see them delivering on anything said but will log in to sell out.

Can't believe I invested thousands into this game, what a waste of time, money and effort - Time and effort being more important than the money spent of course.

Anyway, gl to those who stick around, I hope you enjoy the game for time to come :wise:

Last time that shit happened that forum dissapeared.
Those who forget history are desitined to repeat it. ;)

Yep, it would have been amusing if it was not so very sad, happy to share the actual language of the scary threat, pretty funny actually:)

In any case, let's see if MA actually continue to fail, or actually manage to rally and turn it around.

Yep, it would have been amusing if it was not so very sad, happy to share the actual language of the scary threat, pretty funny actually:)

In any case, let's see if MA actually continue to fail, or actually manage to rally and turn it around.

Hope dies last. ;)

--mod's comment--
I can't make any funny comments because the mod is threatening to ban me if there is even a slightest bit of humor in my posts...

happy to share the actual language of the scary threat,

:offtopic:, however...

Call it what it is, you made a dumb joke that could easily have been considered a real life threat.

2.4 - Threats/Intimidation
Real life threats of bodily harm, injury or assault (either explicit or implied) or any form of intimidation are STRICTLY PROHIBITED on any part of the PlanetCalypsoForum website and will be deleted and result in a permanent ban from the forum, all without notice.

As I told you, there are only two replies for breaking that rule: long temp-ban or perm-ban.

However, since I fully understood you are simply trying to joke, I gave you a private warning (which you tried to misrepresent in public. Niiiice.)

You made a bad, bad joke. This forum does not tolerate RL threats. Period. Even in jest.
--/mod's comment--

Moving on...

Frankly, I admit I have little to no hope of them doing anything about taming in the next year. Which frankly, is a damn shame.

2.9 - Excessive Complaining
Excessive complaining and/or whining disrupt the Mission of PlanetCalypsoForum and interferes with the ability of other members and visitors to enjoy their visit to PlanetCalypsoForum, and is therefore NOT permitted. Any content submitted to PlanetCalypsoForum that is considered by the Forum Staff to be in violation of this rule may be edited or deleted without notice.

Ok. How do we reply to this thread in a way that will not make other members and visitors unhappy? We are only speaking the truth that Taming was promised over 4 years ago and that the comment in the OP that it is being worked on is very hard to swollow as true. I agree excessive complaining is not required when there is nothing to complain about, but how else do we let the admistration know we are not happy with the delays?

Faith in MA has been restored!:yay:

Faith in MA has been restored!:yay:

Will be after we actually see those thing done:)

For the sound of it, they do sound very good, thanks MA!

While I do feel sorry for tamers for not having their profession (I know I wouldn't like it if Mindforce was removed), I do have to agree with Aio a bit here...

Yes, tamers have the right to be critical, annoyed and complain about taming not being back.
Yes, it sometimes goes too far (when it is repeatedly posted in tons of threads about something completely different).

We only tend to go on about it because of people like yourselves that seem to just say shit to basically wind tamers up and have no meaningful input what so ever.

Stop saying crap and you'll stop getting replies to it, it is quite simple... if taming means nothing to you then cease to comment, i myself never badmouth or comment in a negative way on anyone elses gripes regarding space, pirating, being eco, not depositing and every other part of the game that means nothing to me.

This thread involves taming therefore i commented but you and the other one basically just commented on tamers nothing about the road map so really who's post is the most annoying and useless? Here's a hint not mine as i was commenting on the road map... did that help?

[DELETED INSULTING COMMENTS]

Last edited:
Many other interface improvements and game system upgrades are also planned for the second quarter of 2013 and beyond, including items such as PVP combat, mission system functionality, vehicle system, removing exploits, expanding crafting, interface enhancements, bug fixing, and much more.
I must have missed the specific bit about Space expansion. Hope its hidden somewhere between the lines of this quote.

I realy like what i read here ty MA but i want get my hopes up to much ;)

Back