Danger level : updated

firejuggler

Old Alpha
Society
RFC
firejuggler water zabimalu
From the patch notes; it seems that the danger level of some mobs have been adjusted...

Atrox young : 17
atrox old ; 20

any other changes?
(ambu/ spider)

Ambu Young is level 25.

on Ark:
Caraboks from lev 10 to 4
Halix young from 9 to 4

They give much less skills now too (caraboks give roughly 60% less TT skills wise)... this is start of the slow death of Arkadia.

Falagor
:bandit:

on Ark:
Halix young from 9 to 4

They give much less skills now too (caraboks give roughly 60% less TT skills wise)... this is start of the slow death of Arkadia.

Falagor

I do wonder if MA is pissed at how well Arkadia studios is doing. Arkadia studios does something cool, MA delays its implementation or it becomes bugged.

I do wonder if MA is pissed at how well Arkadia studios is doing. Arkadia studios does something cool, MA delays its implementation or it becomes bugged.

I really hope this was mistake to reduce level on them (which causes less skills gained) and it will be reversed. Now i really see no point to stay any longer on Ark (or go there anytime ever - which will cause less MS movement too). I am sure i am not the only one thinking like this.

I see this as much bigger problem than the funny/stupid avatar looks bug.

Falagor

I really hope this was mistake to reduce level on them (which causes less skills gained) and it will be reversed. Now i really see no point to stay any longer on Ark (or go there anytime ever - which will cause less MS movement too). I am sure i am not the only one thinking like this.

I see this as much bigger problem than the funny/stupid avatar looks bug.

Falagor

Ok so you went there because they were above average for you... seems like a justified change then?

Ok so you went there because they were above average for you... seems like a justified change then?

Justified - mayby.
Will i adapt - probably yes.
Will this touch many players - definetly.

I just think this change is no good for everyone (mayby only those who did not want to go for caraboks skilling are happy now - or mayby not because they do not have the chance now).

Falagor

Atrax young Lvl 9 now.. was lvl 11.. Pedia updated, should we make a list?

008:cool:

leviathan old 35 to 36
provider 39 to 40

Been hunting caraboks for like half year and have to say they been broken, they gave insane skillgain. Only yesterday I was able to go from 500 points in cryogenics to 2057 points in like 110 peds cycled. I was able to get 2 ped TT of pyrokinesis every hour hunting them on average.
I think it was unfair for other planets.

Atrax young Lvl 9 now.. was lvl 11.. Pedia updated, should we make a list?

008:cool:

Thre is so much info already out of date there (due so many changes on items) and now mobs are out of date too so i guess best way would be reseting stats to "empty" on everything and puting there everything again (not removing them but reseting fields to "empty").

Keep in mind that level change on mob - leads to change in loot droped too (i.e. caraboks do not drop eye oil anymore and started to drop muscle oil, also not droping socket II components but I. Also i looted some enhanced cloth extractors too - never looted before).

Of course this would be very radical step and most likely 80% of the comunity will say big "NO" to this (and beside that - Entropedia admin seems to be ignoring necesary changes on the site that can't be done by users).

Imho best way to fix Entropedia would be:
  • get in actual contact with Witty (entroepdia admin).
  • make thread - exactly what strucutres needs to be changed (feedback for 2-4 weeks).
  • reseting Entropedia to agreed state by comunity.
  • filling info again.

Problem is: next update -> more item/mobs changes -> problem again.

Thats why some time ago i sugested to get MA maintained wiki - but larger part of the comunity did not want it.

Game mechanics and item statistics are getting more and more chaotic and blury.

Falagor

Really, carabok skilling was great but it was unbalanced compared to other mobs. So while it stinks for those who were taking advantage of the faster-than-normal skilling, normalizing mobs is a good thing for EU as a whole. Newbies will still skill fast on carabok, just as they do on anything.

This is a good thing

Been hunting caraboks for like half year and have to say they been broken, they gave insane skillgain. Only yesterday I was able to go from 500 points in cryogenics to 2057 points in like 110 peds cycled. I was able to get 2 ped TT of pyrokinesis every hour hunting them on average.

Obviously a bug/unbalanced, so they fixed it.

Proteron Young was previously 55, then 50, now only 44.

So.... what do the new L numbers now represent? Which stats make up L number? Attack rate, regen, damage, HP, speed, aggressiveness? Judging from Carabok, they might have removed speed and regen from the calculation.

Or did someone go through and set all the danger levels manually this time?

There will be a bunch of rescanning. Is the new formula better ?

So.... what do the new L numbers now represent? Which stats make up L number? Attack rate, regen, damage, HP, speed, aggressiveness? Judging from Carabok, they might have removed speed and regen from the calculation.

Or did someone go through and set all the danger levels manually this time?

It used to be largely based on regen.

It looks like they mostly took that away, but didn't give us anything on the other end that I've seen. Are there any mobs that increased a lot?

I never understood the disparity between trox young/ ambu young. Although the level of ambu young seem to have been lowered, so has the level of atrox young. Type of damage, with impact weighting more?

I never understood the disparity between trox young/ ambu young. Although the level of ambu young seem to have been lowered, so has the level of atrox young. Type of damage, with impact weighting more?

Atrox regenerate slower, hence the lower level in the past.

on Ark:
Halix young from 9 to 4

Falagor

Caraboks have been nerfed severely. I know the fanboys will call it "adjusted" but in my book any change that negatively affects loot or skill gain is a nerf, and ~50% less skill is nerfed. Period.

It was fun while it lasted, moving to the next best thing.

I don't think the Carabok Nerf of VU 14 is the slow death of Arkadia. They were doing a pretty efficient job on their own already, with a totally dead Treasure Hunting system and equally dead Instances. Again, the fanboys will say it's a thriving planet but try to sell *any* Treasure on auction or hear the echo of your voice in the empty hallways at Aakas Instance gateway and you know what I mean. Sad but true.

/Slupor

well I totally missed the skillgain thing on Carabok, I blame my original mentor, Alice in Wonderland, for not informing me of this when I rejoined the game =P

Are there any other unbalanced mobs that will be nerfed, on any of the planets? I'll happily skill on them, best to private message me them though, I won't tell a soul ! :wise:

Also, does the reduction in small trox and ambus mean that for the same loot (or perhaps reduced whether its related to danger level) and same cost of killing, we get less skills?

Rext weak/watcher are down 2 pts each i see too.

Caraboks have been nerfed severely. I know the fanboys will call it "adjusted" but in my book any change that negatively affects loot or skill gain is a nerf, and ~50% less skill is nerfed. Period.

It was fun while it lasted, moving to the next best thing.

I don't think the Carabok Nerf of VU 14 is the slow death of Arkadia. They were doing a pretty efficient job on their own already, with a totally dead Treasure Hunting system and equally dead Instances. Again, the fanboys will say it's a thriving planet but try to sell *any* Treasure on auction or hear the echo of your voice in the empty hallways at Aakas Instance gateway and you know what I mean. Sad but true.

/Slupor

But than again - if a person shooting them with very small weapons and very small ped cycle gains more skills than people with a lot higher ped cycle, better weapons etc. More or less gaining lots of skills very cheaply - is that normal? From what I read in other responses it was just too cheap...

well I totally missed the skillgain thing on Carabok, I blame my original mentor, Alice in Wonderland, for not informing me of this when I rejoined the game =P

Are there any other unbalanced mobs that will be nerfed, on any of the planets? I'll happily skill on them, best to private message me them though, I won't tell a soul ! :wise:

Also, does the reduction in small trox and ambus mean that for the same loot (or perhaps reduced whether its related to danger level) and same cost of killing, we get less skills?
gotta admit i didn't know myself :p

but considering this is a overall nerf on many mobs to skill gains, with caraboks just being the main example, its a pretty serious thing ^^

the ppl who didn't like the 2x skill times phases may be happy now though :dunno:

on Ark:
Halix young from 9 to 4

Falagor

Jesus Christ!!!!!! you got 1557 points in Cryo from just 110 ped input!!!!!

Well I say thats fair, those baby mobs have been corrected then.

I'm pumping in 10,000's of ped ammo (SME) on Rex and on CP to push Mindforce skills by a few percent.

This probably explains how Falagor managed to unlock Mindforce Harmony without any deposits, I was scratching my head for ages wondering how he managed to skill that with pratically no peds.

I depo a lot in this game, to earn my right to the skills gained hunting hardcore mobs which should give more skill than baby mobs, it is not right if skill is handed out on a plate.

This is not having a go at the skillers they see the opportunity and took it. But the level of skill gained shown above, is just plain wrong. It basically makes my skill gain worthless in comparasion compared to the massive effort put it over many years.

Rick

I'm pumping in 10,000's of ped ammo (SME) on Rex and on CP to push Mindforce skills by a few percent.

This probably explains how Falagor managed to unlock Mindforce Harmony without any deposits, I was scratching my head for ages wondering how he managed to skill that with pratically no peds.

I depo a lot in this game, to earn my right to the skills gained hunting hardcore mobs which should give more skill than baby mobs, it is not right if skill is handed out on a plate.

This is not having a go at the skillers they see the opportunity and took it. But the level of skill gained shown above, is just plain wrong. It basically makes my skill gain worthless in comparasion compared to the massive effort put it over many years.

Rick

I agree with everyone who state it was unbalanced. Also on every possibility when asked - i answered that best way (cheapest) to skill was on caraboks. This became pretty common knowledge quite soon - so nothing like that i disovered somethign and kept it secret ("My precious... :eyecrazy:"). And i admit i was skilling very much on caraboks (i have cycled close to 12k peds on them which equals cycling roughly 120-150k peds on any other normal mob. Roughly 5k was cycled on skilling cryogenic).

However i do not like how MA tries to make this change without even mentioning in news. It just seems like politicans try to point our attention on somethign that is not important while passing laws that change very much.

Notice that MA actually did inform us about mission change (and they gave time to finish missions). Why they just could not add one more line in the "news":
- 1st change
- 2nd change
- 3rd change
- oh and we rebalanced most mobs so they give adjusted skills now proportional to their real danger level.

They did totally opostie and they state that actually nothing has changed in this subject. I just react like "WTF!" on this kind o ignorance.

Falagor

I agree with everyone who state it was unbalanced. Also on every possibility when asked - i answered that best way (cheapest) to skill was on caraboks. This became pretty common knowledge quite soon - so nothing like that i disovered somethign and kept it secret ("My precious... :eyecrazy:"). And i admit i was skilling very much on caraboks (i have cycled close to 12k peds on them which equals cycling roughly 120-150k peds on any other normal mob. Roughly 5k was cycled on skilling cryogenic).

However i do not like how MA tries to make this change without even mentioning in news. It just seems like politicans try to point our attention on somethign that is not important while passing laws that change very much.

They did totally opostie and they state that actually nothing has changed in this subject. I just react like "WTF!" on this kind o ignorance.

Falagor

I've said many times now that experienced players will notice the most smallest of adjustments most of the time to their regular hunted mobs, or ava abilities hunting those mobs. There have been many small little changes since the system doesn't have to go down anymore for the game to be worked on.

I believe any major nerf would have been reported to us, that fact that it wasn't is not so much MA didn't want to tell us....it's becasue it happens so frequently it has "become the norm"....ie. we tinker with the system every day...so there is no news.....funny ehhh!!!!

Personally as long as peds last, and the tinkering triggers loot when it should, then I will live with the adjustments, if the skill gain is fair for the peds spent, again I'm happy. It's been 8 years of tweeks for me, we are all used to it.

Chin up out there, and time to lift your game (it's more exciting).

Rick

I've said many times now that experienced players will notice the most smallest of adjustments most of the time to their regular hunted mobs, or ava abilities hunting those mobs. There have been many small little changes since the system doesn't have to go down anymore for the game to be worked on.

I believe any major nerf would have been reported to us, that fact that it wasn't is not so much MA didn't want to tell us....it's becasue it happens so frequently it has "become the norm"....ie. we tinker with the system every day...so there is no news.....funny ehhh!!!!

Personally as long as peds last, and the tinkering triggers loot when it should, then I will live with the adjustments, if the skill gain is fair for the peds spent, again I'm happy. It's been 8 years of tweeks for me, we are all used to it.

Chin up out there, and time to lift your game (it's more exciting).

Rick

And you are right - i have noticed few loot changes during the time i was hunting them (just was not 100% sure if its either my logs showing right or mayby i am imagening things).

And they still give quite nice skills. They used to give 16-17% of TT spent in TT skills gained, now its ~6-7% so still are valid option for cheap skilling (compared to normal hunting that gives 0.5-2%). So if now anyone would try them - he/she would still be amazed.

And recently i have been killing dry ambus at sweat group with cryo which is fun indeed (compared to skill grinding on caraboks which needs a lot of patience).

Eventually probably i will adapt but i will need at least small break (so the bad feelis will go away): and i think though i will just hunt way less and start to mine much more (i wan't to keep non depositor status and there are nearly no mobs with avg markup over 115% - so hard to make profit here).

Falagor

But than again - if a person shooting them with very small weapons and very small ped cycle gains more skills than people with a lot higher ped cycle, better weapons etc. More or less gaining lots of skills very cheaply - is that normal? From what I read in other responses it was just too cheap...

Rick

Mobs differ and have different loot... mining areas differ and have different loot. You can drop level 13 amps in a lyst field or in a duru-narc dome. It's not a matter of too cheap, one is cheaper than the others in the whole range available, depending on the choice people make.

I unlocked Force Merge on primarily Carabok. Now that the best skilling mob is nerfed, I moved to the next best thing. It's a matter of adaptation... alternatively, you can blow away a fortune on CP (been there, done that btw). Thanks for depositing and feeding the server hamsters, I hope many people will do so for a long time.

Back