What a waste

Lophophoria

Provider
Society
Project -X-
WARNING: Long read. You might want to grab a drink, take a dump or bring the kids to bed before you go on.

Fellow Entropians,

I'd like to share a story with you. Once you are done reading I would appreciate if some of you join in on a constructive(!) discussion about a problem I ran into last week.

The Story

First of all, I need your imagination.

Imagine a funfair at the outskirts of a city. Not much traffic passing by, but if you stay at the fence, you can hear always some people screaming and laughing - and that for about a decade meanwhile. The whole compound is divided into 5 different rides. Each of them has its own entry and they all share a big unkempt meadow in the middle, where parents use to drop off their tedious kids.

Ride #1 is a giant rollercoaster, with looping, corkscrew, a photo booth and a few trees around. There is always a big group of people taking one turn after another, screaming of excitement or puking cause they couldn't handle the ups and downs. Every now and then a gentle cleaning robot shows up and wipes up the puke. The owner of this ride is making a pretty penny, which allows him to repair parts of really necessary.

Ride #2 is a haunted house. It looks spooky from the outside, with all its demons and devils trying to grab you and has a huge interior, which alone makes it scary as one can get easily lost in there. On a regular day there is mostly just a bunch of people in there. Income wise the owner is somehow keeping his head above water, but nobody really knows how.

Ride #3 is an abandoned Ferris wheel. Due to being to restrictive to enter - no shoes allowed, need to wear a hat, if you bring your girlfriend you have to bring her mother too - there have never been many customers in he past. One day they cut the power supply as the owner couldn't pay his bills anymore. Rumour has it, that he died on top of the wheel in his seat while taking a lonely ride when that happened. Meanwhile its overrun by monkeys from a near zoo and slowly falling apart. Once a month some teenagers are messing around with those monkeys, but I don't want you to imagine what they actually do with them.

Ride #4 is a huge sandpit. You can have fun on the slide, the climbing frames or dig in the sand for lost goods - bottle caps, used syringes, pacifiers, half licked lollypops ... to name a few. The place is usually not overcrowded but a small community arose amongst the beach enthusiasts. The owner of the ride is breaking even and adds a new attraction once in a while.

Ride #5 is a fancy laser tag arena which is, even though still under construction, already open for costumers. While laser tag is not the newest invention on the market, the owner somehow managed to come up with a new and very entertaining concept and tries to keep it fair for every one. Although that sounds quite appealing, people who are giving it a try mostly struggle enjoying it as much as it was proposed at the entry, simply because they cant rally big enough teams. And the optional holographic targets move around to fast or get stuck on a daisy, so that not many give them a try. Future will tell if this ride will use its full potential and become successful or becomes another "DO the monkey" arena of those teenagers I mentioned earlier and now made you imagine what they do nevertheless.

All of these 5 rides need to pay their employees, repair teams and not to forget the cleaning lady. Additionally a percentage of their income goes to the landlord of the area the funfair is placed on. In order to pay all these people the different owners try to advertise their own rides in the city. But being unfamiliar with proper marketing and not working together to build a decent road to the funfair with one shared entrance, its usually the visitors of the rollercoaster who come over to the other rides when they get bored.
The landlord however is either busy fixing holes in the fences, finding a new spot for another ride, frolicking his hobby to paint castles or enjoys a looong holiday trip others can only dream of.

Now lets call this funfair Entropia Universe.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A big thank you from my side if you managed to read all the above. I for one had great fun writing it. :)

Before we head on to the discussion of the - in my opinion - major problem I mentioned in the beginning, let me set a few things straight.

I like this game, enjoy it within my limits and have no intention to let this thread turn into the usual bitch-festival. If you have no constructive input or want to discuss something else than the following problem create your own thread. Thank you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Problem

At the moment we have 5 different planets, each of them fighting for their own existence. Whenever a player decides to give EU a try he/she has to choose between one of these planets in the very beginning. Last week I went for some missions to Cyrene and while I was restocking near the HQ TP a green dot popped up every now and then. Most of the times however I was alone at the terminals and out in the fields as well.
Anyways it happened twice that an out of the box player asked in local chat for help. First I was happy to see, that there are still new people downloading EU. But I realised pretty quick, that for them Cyrene is not the right place to start, simply because they would be alone on a huge server without help, no working market and most important no clue about what's going on. I think one could say this about Rocktropia (maybe) and Next Island as well. Arkadia seems to have overcome the critical point and is slowly growing.
So my 2 options at that point where either to mind my own business (which I absolutely prefer) or ... what?

I brought both of them to Calypso and had a nice long chat with them, explaining the basics and, well the stuff you do with newbies, the stuff I (maybe all of us) where so thankful when we were once new.

Was it helpful for them? We´ll see in the future. Maybe they stick around, enjoy the game we play and who knows they might travel back to Cyrene and have some fun there as well.

Was it helpful for Cyrene? I guess not. I just stole 2 people they lured in with their advertisement and put them on a planet that is already well populated.

Was it helpful for Entropia as a whole? And that's my problem. I think it was good. These 2 people might stay in the game, rather than getting frustrated on an empty planet and leave us for good before they even really joined. But if we keep doing it this way, than any new planet will sooner or later struggle if not supported by a decent amount of already existing players. And more important, we waste willing people who we are all crying for so that the whole entropian community may grow.
Even though my home is Calypso, I like the diversity other planets can bring in. And not to forget, the more the merrier. :)

The Discussion

How can this be solved? Who has to be addressed with this topic?

I had a chat in my soc and here is what we came up with so far:

• Allow new players to TP between planets for the first 2 weeks. This would include a detailed explanation of how to do it and what to expect. Items able to be carried around would have to be limited to rewards from starter missions and things you can buy from the TT to minimize alt avas having a cheap and safe transportation in space
  • A help channel universe wide, or guides like Simon and Emma on each planet who welcome and help new players getting started.
  • Your input here ... Maybe we can gather some good ideas and send them to MA and the PP. Who knows, they might at least read them before throwing in the bin.

Now I'd like to thank you once more for spending your precious time reading this wall of text and wish you a happy Sunday!

-Lopho

Imho you can clearly see how good/bad or serious the planet partners are... You can see that Arkadia has some decent staff, decent story and content - you can see that they are serious in what they want to and can do. But others? NI: a rich but not so bright owner who thought he might get a quick buck here, hired incompetent staff to make a planet with a million new users. Rocktropia: ambitious but rubbish. Cyrene? I'm not sure what has really happened to it, but I heard that their development has almost stopped (correct me if I'm wrong) - so again problems with staff/money/ambitions etc.

In short - lots of people want to be planet partners (everyone wants to be businessmen IRL and make a lot of money), but most of them fail for different reasons (again same as in real life).

A very good point you're making here.

But I'm wondering, is it really a problem?
The fact that you helped those noobs on that desolate planet might even reinforce their experience of this game. It has it charmes.
Is starting on calypso a garuanty of a positive gaming experience?

Those guys you "saved" will probably never forget their birth.

I think there will always be people like you around.

But you make a valid point regarding marketing. When I started there was just calypso. It was just project Entropia, and I still see it as such. And you're right, it should be promoted as one big "theme park". I dont like the interplanetary competition.

Sadly I dont have a simple solution. There's simply to much money at stake of many different parties. Only if they unite this could be solved.

But I doubt that this will ever happen.

Last edited:
maybe the planet partners could each have 1 avatar on at once that goes around to help new players on their planet :D

I would have done same as you, bringing lost newbie players to a location where they have a chance to meet other ppl and having a chance to have a deeper look into the game. In clear words: Calypso or Arkadia.

If we would leave them alone where they are stranded, they will be lost for EU soon and will talk bad about EU, because they have only seen the dark part of it.

A solution for this problem... hmm, only thing that would help against such situation is a very hard decision: Don't allow PP to go online with their planets until they are really ready for it. And best solution (maybe I am alone with that opinion): Stop bring up new Planets until the existing ones have settled.

Firstly, a big grats on the funfair story to get us started. I thought it was well written.

In another thread about the moon sale I wondered out loud whether the new share percentages of revenue is in an attempt to let people roam the universe more while allowing the 'attraction' that got them there to still get good revenue percentages even though the players have changed rides.
I'm imagining, you see, that the moon will have even less chance of holding on to new players than others, and the revenue share reflects that. I don't know if the revenues are being reallocated among the planet partners too, but it may be so...
Thus, you maybe did a good job by taking the new players across to Caly. I also wondered in my 'moon' post whether there would be free trips to the planets organised by the moon manager in the knowledge that a customer kept at the fairground is better than one leaving altogether.

I'm led to believe that the coming content vu is finally quite a big one for Cyrene - and will hopefully be what it takes to boost it into Arkadia's footsteps of growth after this VERY long and slow startup...

Bottom line: people need to get a chance to find the ride they like before losing interest and going again. I'm not confident that MA will put better paths in, however, but I salute this thread's OP for throwing this out there! :)

Don't Planet Partners get a cut of revenue generated by every player that is originally spawned on their own planet, no matter where those players travel and play? I think they do. ND seemed to be suggesting that they would in that video previously posted on SEE website. If this isn't the case then it would discourage planet partners from promoting their planet, especially knowing that players will eventually pickup and leave for more exciting worlds.

Is it not up to the planet partners to produce content that will interest players upon arrival at their planets? Shouldn't that content stand alone regardless of planet population or economy.

Of course the planet partners were probably given to believe (and all swallowed) the "build it and they will come" model promoted by MA. After all, look at how successful Calypso is. Why wouldn't the same thing happen anywhere? A major problem exists, in that MA has a very controlling, top-down management style in which they shackle the planet partners and prevent them from offering any real competition to Calypso. Though I personally feel sad for the planet partners and their struggles, they made choices which might not have been well advised.

The other planets should not be allowed to fail, as this creates a poor impression of the Universe as a whole and MA should invest heavily in promoting the universe as a whole. The economy should be one and universal not separated into planets that players won't travel through lootable PVP areas to get to. One universal auction system, easy, safe travel to all the planets, a separate Space Pirates area for people who like that sort of thing, actual marketing and a game system that isn't made up of a Hodge-podge of dysfunctional elements, of which there are too many to count.

These things we know will never happen under the current management system, so discussions like this are moot, but it is nice to imagine Entropia Universe working well, rather than working the way it does, which is not well.

Well written Lophophoria, and you nailed the problem we have atm. There is no simple solution for this, free travels between planets could maby do it, but way too open for exploits due alter avas, sad but tru.
Don't have real solution to this, Emma & Simon to every planet would be good, doubt it will happen quite soon tho.

IMO a first step should be to split the hoflist by planet and leave the current one as global HOF list. As it is when a cyrene/rocktropia/arkadia/NI player press F to see what's hot, the HOF list show him numerous mobs that he will never encounter on the planet he is so he is tempted to go elsewhere.
If the entries where per planet it will show the activities on the planet and would encourage the player to be part of the planet.
For new player this is important even if activity is low it show there are people who play where they are and lead to growth.

Arkadia is well fitted, although i would love to see the missions killpoints done by maturities.
Rocktropia lack missions on their unique mob. Why should they pick daikiba and foul when there are unique vixen for example ? Lack of 500-1000hp mobs is bad for retention.
Cyrene should review their rewards for missions they introduced last all. I went there june last year during soft launch and still wait the official launch, or did i missed it ? No interest to go there ATM.
NI no comment.

At rocktropia and arkadia for example, there are players who are true residents even if they sometimes travel to other planets. They know how to help newcomers. The tourist class will just say to the newbie" sorry was just there to kill this mob before i go back to calypso, you should come with me as it is where the economy is"... That leave the planet empty and newcomer either like calypso or regret the planet he choses to start and leaves.

So i think my idea of a HOF board by planet should help and will involve planet partners players more and know what are crafted thus what is needed for local economy.

Interesting discussion. For me, there isn't enough of a player base to support so many planets. The expansion should have been done more gradually. And now we have another area being added to the game.

It'd be interesting to see the figures for active players in the game, and where they spend their time.

If you have no constructive input..

I do not have any constructive input to write at the moment. But i feel the urge to publicly thank you for the amusing and yet so accurate picture you painted with the funfair story. Best forum read in a while here.

Thx for the feedback so far.

The problem I mean is not the PP struggling but people logging of after an hour of confusion and removing EU from their hard drive - and maybe even telling their friends what a weird/boring game it is. Hope this describes it better; English is not my native language.

..., free travels between planets could maby do it, but way too open for exploits due alter avas, sad but tru.
That's where we started thinking about restrictions. Though, I don't see it happen for exactly this reason.

Imagine being born on the moon, and how frustrating that must be for a new player.. and yet.. this is going to happen soon. The winner bid of the moon is supposed to bring in his own players.. what will they do on the moon? what is the business of a newbie player on the moon?

A solution would be that all planet partners have to incorporate a newbie experience such as arkadia and calypso currently have. (rocktropia, cyrene and next island currently lack a solid newbie experience)

and after two weeks a one time free tp to another planet of choice (with a timer counting down, in the same fashion as perfect world)

In past avatars created via Realityport borned in Asteroid.

They all ated it and was looking for flight to planet asap, and something similar is going too happen soon, maybe more complicate due to travel system...

It's beyond me why a planet partner wouldn't bother to make a good start area, if they can't even do that, how can they expect a growing population.

*** This is my opinion only ***

For me there were a lot of things that stopped me from depositing and playing, which is about 2k+ USD/ month. But I do like this game at some level still. I have come back to play very rarely nowadays.

My thought is for players like myself who has a good amount of disposable income to put into the game, we want good/interesting gameplay without too much time wasted between traveling and exploring various things that the game offers.

So, for me, I know there are so many planets that I would like to explore and familiarize myself with, but the sheer thought of the time and complications of traveling between the planets just puts me off and hence I keep between FOMA (CND for older players) and Calypso (Eudoria).

If there were ways of bringing back interplanetory TPs where you could pay a certain amount to travel quickly, I think I would be checking out different planets each week and contributing to their economy in return. You can not sustain various planets by making things harder, but only by making things flow smoother. So, I agree with the OPs angle.

Dont get me wrong I was very excited about 'Space' and love it when I am flying through it on my 3D screen, but asthetics are a bit different to functionality and practicality in terms of the economy and I don't think it has been well thought through...

*** This is my opinion only ***

For me there were a lot of things that stopped me from depositing and playing, which is about 2k+ USD/ month. But I do like this game at some level still. I have come back to play very rarely nowadays.

My thought is for players like myself who has a good amount of disposable income to put into the game, we want good/interesting gameplay without too much time wasted between traveling and exploring various things that the game offers.

So, for me, I know there are so many planets that I would like to explore and familiarize myself with, but the sheer thought of the time and complications of traveling between the planets just puts me off and hence I keep between FOMA (CND for older players) and Calypso (Eudoria).

If there were ways of bringing back interplanetory TPs where you could pay a certain amount to travel quickly, I think I would be checking out different planets each week and contributing to their economy in return. You can not sustain various planets by making things harder, but only by making things flow smoother. So, I agree with the OPs angle.

Dont get me wrong I was very excited about 'Space' and love it when I am flying through it on my 3D screen, but asthetics are a bit different to functionality and practicality in terms of the economy and I don't think it has been well thought through...

This is also how I feel too. 3 years in game and I've never been to NI or RT because of the travel time and possible confrontation with pirates. I visited Ark during their launch and stayed there until MA's decision to stop the TP travel between planets and headed right back to Caly. I would luv to explore all the other planets/moons if only the TP option was still available. But that's not gonna happen, especially with all the $ players invested in Motherships and other vehicles designed for space. So, I stay where the most activity is, Caly.

A very good point you're making here.

The fact that you helped those noobs on that desolate planet might even reinforce their experience of this game. It has it charmes.
Is starting on calypso a garuanty of a positive gaming experience?

Those guys you "saved" will probably never forget their birth.

I think there will always be people like you around.

I do the same when on Cyrene and NI..before leaving I always give a shout out if anyone is stuck. You have good points, but...the problem here is how many people did we miss? How many people log into the game for the first time on NI or Cyrene to just leave the game forever due to the fact that they are currently dead planets? MA really does need to work with this a bit.

BTW, MA, if you push this update back again, you yourself are not helping the planet partners. By holding their updates back so you can give yourself a big update is not helping the game at all and will kill it.

I agree that new players should have access to all planets to try them out for the first few weeks. A special teleport they can use a number of times. Would help them see all the planets and see that there is more than Cyrene and Next Island.

As we know Next Island went bust and MA is babysitting it, but doing nothing with it, so any new player there will likely leave the game unless they get off the planet.

Cyrene is a big disappointment. We had the soft launch over 12 months ago, many promises of a kick arse planet and nothing has progressed, no MECHs, no shops, no booths, no apartments, failed HUB, small number of decent mobs, poor loot or items. Nothing much to draw players there. Cyrene as a whole has failed and there is little to do there except for random missions. I know their business plan was supposed to allow for a small population initially, but they must be struggling with barely a handful of players. If no hard launch in the next 6 months I will be TTing my Cyrene loot.

The biggest success story is Arkadia, who are giving Calypso some stiff competition. I encourage all new players I meet to spend time on both Caly and Ark and see which they like.

Rocktropia is like your second cousin, you know he exists, but you don't spend much time together, visit occasionally.

Cheers
Bjorn

I have newly returned myself and so much has changed since I last did play, so I can't add much other than it seems pretty logical hehe

What I can add is that I did bring around 2 friends of mine, one had played before and was fairly familiar, but stuck on Arkadia which was not biggie, but the other one started from scratch.

The one who started from scratch, was forced to join Calypso. Talking him through the creation I told him to start on Calypso since it was where I was, and it's the "Main" place. However when getting to it, he told me that the only option he had was, Calypso.

But yeah again, sounds logical if those other planets are not that fully populated that it is not the best place to start for someone who might be trying the game for the first time without knowing what is what and where :wise:

I like the idea of one free teleport as long as no stackable's may be carried in the inventory. Calypso is prob the easiest place to start because of the prevalence of traders??? and its easier for someone with $10 depo or even non depo to sell their small amount of loot... but I think Arkadia has a much better starter chain giving exposure to almost all activities and lots of starter freebies, not to mention newbie mobs with mu loot, arkadian adviser program even a great mentoring section on their official forum.

Warp travel has become so organised and cheap that traveling between the planets is almost zero hassle these days... check out www.efa.ms or www.entropiatransport.com to very quickly organise a warp to any planet vip warp is 25-30ped atm and waiting for scheduled warp flights are even cheaper.

I think I have become biased in favor of Arkadia as calypso has become so overcrowded that there is almost no mu left for the mid-level hunter and many good mu ore/enmat almost impossible to get these days (lyst anyone :D). NI feels and is very dead, cyrene feels incomplete and very quiet (ran around for hour trying to find a fapper before I left), RT doesn't appeal to me at all, Arkadia has good mu on common loots / good mu from entire mob range in items etc / requires bigger float to stack your own loots for auction, calypso low or non existent mu but quick ped turn around time a good place for those with small float to work with... and dont mind losing lol

Nice thread :) Good points

i dont know how the other planets can survive (read: pay their employees and maybe make small profit) with low player density

the whole concept of planet partenrs as invented by MA several years ago in order to develop the universe without paying it is what it is, i think they realized its not perfect and thats why they're now trying a new partnership system with the moon

even if the new concept works (read: generate profits from new players), they probably can't kick the existing planet partners and change the existing contract to the new system

for the moment, as you write, the PP have to fight and steal players to each other
we have "player killrs" and "kill stealers", they surely have "player stealer" :laugh:

for your point about newbies: i'm ingame since last december, and my goal since day 1 has always been to live on arkadia where my friends are
but as they told me, it's far betetr to skill and graduate on calypso, and that was true!
i had to spend only 5 min on auction to find any weapon matching my skill during my graduation (reached 100% yesterday)
i used kiwio from TT, then almaost all chikara, in pistol and carbine, up to Oni-San and Colonial
this was a long path to jump to next weapon when maxed, and also consider their markup etc
even on arkadia, the second market, i know i couldn't have done it as precise i could on calypso

my story is to say that the first weeks/months of any player shold be on calypso, because there is no market on other panets for beginners :(

if i were MA, i would focus all efforts done by all various partners on one unique place, like the snowy area for calypso -atm the costs are spread by every PP on their respective planet, with poor results for some
and when any player reaches level 10 in his highest profession he could receives a ticket for 1 free TP to the planet of his choice, or a low TT VTOL, whatever...

Imagine being born on the moon, and how frustrating that must be for a new player.. and yet.. this is going to happen soon. The winner bid of the moon is supposed to bring in his own players.. what will they do on the moon? what is the business of a newbie player on the moon?

A solution would be that all planet partners have to incorporate a newbie experience such as arkadia and calypso currently have. (rocktropia, cyrene and next island currently lack a solid newbie experience)

and after two weeks a one time free tp to another planet of choice (with a timer counting down, in the same fashion as perfect world)

It all depends on the what mobs they can hunt and if they can sell the mining resources they find. If the mobs are designed for old EU players which are high level with one or two token newbie levels then they won't be staying long. They'll need other resources like weapons, armor and tools which will need to be shipped in or build using only moon resources or the resources shipped in with added MU with the risk of lootable space.

Then we have the danger of newbies leaving the moon with all their stackables only to be pk'd on the way out, MS are not perfect and if someone offers a newbie a ride without warning them or worse a pirate and a "helpful" player in league then you risk alienating another group of players.

if i were MA, i would focus all efforts done by all various partners on one unique place, like the snowy area for calypso -atm the costs are spread by every PP on their respective planet, with poor results for some
and when any player reaches level 10 in his highest profession he could receives a ticket for 1 free TP to the planet of his choice, or a low TT VTOL, whatever...

I like the general idea of this. Sure it has to be tweaked and maybe level 10 is to much, but MA and the PP working together when it comes to caring for new players is what I think is needed. MA might have to rethink their PP contracts regarding the revenue shares. Wouldn't it be better if the PP compete in that way against each other by how much time/turnover people spend on a planet, rather than just dragging them into the game, hoping they somehow survive and generate whatever percentage of revenue wherever in the universe?

It's beyond me why a planet partner wouldn't bother to make a good start area, if they can't even do that, how can they expect a growing population.

This is the key to success. I feel PP's shouldn't be able to even launch (especially soft launch) until a suitable new arrival experience is in place for that planet. They should even consider having staff allocated to new player interaction (like our old Mindark Helpers).

Mindark also has a lot riding on PP new arrivals staying. After all, they get a significant portion of that new arrival's decay revenue. So if a newb on Ark, Cyrene, RT, or NI pulls the ripcord, the PP isn't the only business entity feeling the sting.

I'm against free TP between planets.

Two suggestions that could help:

• MA should create a MA owned "trading-house". On each planet they will have a trading-house that will buy resources and looted materials for a price that are a bit lower than the average MU price in the universe. Similar to a "buy order" in the auctions houses, but with such a low price that it will only be used as an last resort for people who want to sell their loot and at least get some MU. They could also sell resources to a price a lot higher than the average market price.

The amount that the trading-house will trade on each planet/day will be limited, so on a planet with many players like Calypso it will not have any real effect. But on a new planet like Cyrene it will help to support and start up the new economy.

• "Free loot", have a system that make it possible to find treasures on each planet that are spawned randomly each day. The ped value would be the same on each planet, let's say 10 000 ped/day, and each "treasure" could have a ped value of 100 ped. This will help to draw players to planets with few players, because the chance to find one is bigger when it's fewer players. It will also help to keep things interesting for new players on a planet with few players.

Oh and The THING is on its way back too...

ND has said the the thing will be back so this might help a little for new players, but it needs experience players to want to stay on the planet to sustain the new players. This wont happen instill tools, weapons, bps etc are worth using.

MA should create a MA owned "trading-house". On each planet they will have a trading-house that will buy resources and looted materials for a price that are a bit lower than the average MU price in the universe. Similar to a "buy order" in the auctions houses, but with such a low price that it will only be used as an last resort for people who want to sell their loot and at least get some MU. They could also sell resources to a price a lot higher than the average market price.

The amount that the trading-house will trade on each planet/day will be limited, so on a planet with many players like Calypso it will not have any real effect. But on a new planet like Cyrene it will help to support and start up the new economy.

Hm... what would they call it? Trade House... Trade Center... I've got it! call it a Trade Terminal! Yeah! :laugh:

"Free loot", have a system that make it possible to find treasures on each planet that are spawned randomly each day. The ped value would be the same on each planet, let's say 10 000 ped/day, and each "treasure" could have a ped value of 100 ped. This will help to draw players to planets with few players, because the chance to find one is bigger when it's fewer players. It will also help to keep things interesting for new players on a planet with few players.

Yikes... and who would pay the $5000 per day bill for this program?

Cyrene will finally go through its first phase of its evolutionary phase in the coming weeks, and show why Cyrene is the way it is , the planet evolves differently and uniquely than all the other planets. Its the players that shape the future of Cyrene not the development teams, initially entropians do not understand this theme and if it will work in a real cash economy environment, but it is as it is, the core storyline aspect of the planet, its hard to grasp this concept , but i understand that the Cyrene Team want to keep this planet unique to other worlds, at the moment its a hard to play , beaten up world with steep mountains and swamps and rugged terrain, deserts and sand eroded cities..this is due to the planet that has gone through a global faction war that has crippled the whole planet, its market and economies, government and operations, all thats left is a handful of rebels, some turrelion raiders, and some skeleton size remaining faction members.. the objective for the colonists is to bring Cyrene back to life.

The Cyrene team dont care about competition between worlds, they have a plan , and im 100% positive it will become the most popular world in the coming years, even though its pretty dead now, but there are dedicated colonists that are hunting hours and hours to potentially revive a dying world..as hard as it seems thats what Cyrene is, and I know its gonna be an awfully hard slog, but eventually players will see Cyrene come to life..believe what you want..

As the Cyrene team has always said , Its you the colonists that shape the outcome of cyrene.

cheers:)

Back