random crashing to desktop

nostradarmas

Provider
happened to me since last update , annoying has I have new computer and was fine before

I have 16 gig of ram

gtx 650 ti graphic card

now cashes randomly maybe as soon as I log in maybe it runs for hours with no problems

anyone else having same issues ?

Yes, very frustrating :mad:

It's at MA's end I believe, nothing wrong with your rig.

Hope they can increass server stability yet again next VU!

Especially at CP, 50% of the times that I tp to D1 I got ctd. Yet to try bots at TI because of this issue!

Yep, it's a real pain. Lost a lot of mobs on CP until I finally gave up. So far it seems to be random. Can't pinpoint what causes it. :mad:

Yep, it's a real pain. Lost a lot of mobs on CP until I finally gave up. So far it seems to be random. Can't pinpoint what causes it. :mad:
Point at buggy-ass code, that's where your pin goes. ;) I can't count how many VUs implemented bad code causing CTD's like crazy, on computers that were more or less completely stable for most of the previous VU. Eventually MA fixes it and the game gets playable again. Don't try troubleshooting your computer--if it was mostly working fine before--because therein lies NOT the problem. ;)

By any chance somebody died-revived on your radar?
Some avatars when they die (or maybe when they trans-locate-to-revive) cause others (some only again) to CTD.
This happens to me - I crash, not sure if I cause it tho.

I was having crash problems over and over at TI during robot event first day I was there during it. Second attempt I crashed and decided to try restarting comp and also cleared the Entropia shader cache. Didn't have problems for the most part after doing that. So maybe try at least restarting EU and clear shader cache when you start up again and see if you still crash as much.:)

Had a few CTD's and found the issue.

Seems to be related to the Shaders.

before launching the game choose tools and clear the shader cache thing :) Helped me no longer CTD and haven't had any unless I play and fly around or explore for a good few hours, hope it helps.

Had a few CTD's and found the issue.

Seems to be related to the Shaders.

before launching the game choose tools and clear the shader cache thing :) Helped me no longer CTD and haven't had any unless I play and fly around or explore for a good few hours, hope it helps.

I just posted the same thing ten minutes before you posted it.:nana:

We had the problem when somebody died within radar. Also cause by the "legs up in the air when wearing a coat" bug I believe (at least for me I get a lot less ctd when I take my coat off)

I convinced a friend in trying out EU, after a couple of days he gave up and uninstalled it due the CTDs, he told me it was like a game in beta.

common MA , fix it you are losing potential customers. What use does it have to spend enormous amounts of money on marketing campaigns if the ppl trying out the game don't want to play (deposit) due CTDs.

got that to out of ram bugg and cant close the game have to reset the comp every time:scratch2:

WHAT is really annoying is I spent £600 on new computer after vu 14 and it crashes as fast the old one did , at least I dont get out of ram errors lol

This is happening to me about 4+ times in an 8 - 10 hour session...

jvzTgIk.png

I have a $1600.00 ASUS Gaming Laptop..
Thanks MA.

same issue here since the last update. sometimes it can go hours without ctd, then sometimes as soon as i press launch before i even get to put my password in it crashes.

I tend to not run music sounds ever. I was messing with sounds yesterday and seems I turned mine back up somehow.

Had some disconnects since, and this morning about 4...changed music down all the way (set to low quality).....and back to stable.

Seems to me that the sound files clash at times and throw errors. But that might just be me....I always seem to have issues if music gets turned on.

maybe it helps.

Point at buggy-ass code, that's where your pin goes. ;) I can't count how many VUs implemented bad code causing CTD's like crazy, on computers that were more or less completely stable for most of the previous VU. Eventually MA fixes it and the game gets playable again. Don't try troubleshooting your computer--if it was mostly working fine before--because therein lies NOT the problem. ;)

ah vu9. 20 seconds in game and a ctd was quite normal.

I tend to not run music sounds ever. I was messing with sounds yesterday and seems I turned mine back up somehow.

Had some disconnects since, and this morning about 4...changed music down all the way (set to low quality).....and back to stable.

Seems to me that the sound files clash at times and throw errors. But that might just be me....I always seem to have issues if music gets turned on.

maybe it helps.

you could have something there , mine was on very high (music zero )

I have set to GUI zero , music zero , quality low .

i let you know if that helps testing now

i let you know if that helps testing now

that made a diference for sure to early to say if it has fixed the crashing but it was definatly smoother , and entered twins twice played for an hour at PA and did few other TPs for two huors and DID NOT crash for the two hours I was online

Yeah, disable all the graphical and audio enhancements to make EU look like Doom, THEN it might run more stable. Might. :laugh:

Just like past VUs, how ironic that we were only a short time ago with great anticipation & excitement talking about the new Crytek graphics engine. Now let's disable it! :rolleyes:

Yeah, disable all the graphical and audio enhancements to make EU look like Doom, THEN it might run more stable. Might. :laugh:

Just like past VUs, how ironic that we were only a short time ago with great anticipation & excitement talking about the new Crytek graphics engine. Now let's disable it! :rolleyes:

I have not disabled the graphics settings , and I did not notice any loss of quality when reducing sound to low .

of course it should have run stable on high settings , the hope is that MA will fix the problem , vain hope I know , but in the mean time if changing settings makes it more stable , then it is that or put up with CTD .

I too was ( and in some ways still ) very disapointed with VU10 I dont think the gameplay is better than it was pre VU10 , nor does it look all that much better , dont shoot me down in flames , just my opinion

A friend has this crash problems and he wrote to support the answer he got was that the servers dont have enough RAM.:wtg:

well i used to havew very diverse settings on adv. gfx tab

no i use the standard high setting .. crashing a bit less

but sure do specially spawning vehicles and with more then 5 ppl on screen

same here, crashing all the time

cant play anymore

Same, constant crashing - tried clearing shader cache, setting sound quality to low... no luck (music already set to 0 on slider)...

Back