nasty looking visuals.

mastermesh

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
Maria Mesh
this new VU has lots of ugly looking animations on avatars. I'll post a video later... avatars are starting to look like Mr. Fantastic from the Fantastic Four. Also, I think MA is working on putting in the hockey pokey since you can put your one foot in and swing it all about, but it just stays there as you hop around on one foot... Who knows, maybe they are going in put potato bags in Easter gifts so we can all do one legged races?

I have not tried it yet, but in past vus some support tickets said to use the repair tool in client loader to fix this type of problem since it has to do with the vu updater thing not downloading all the updated texture files... might try this later on today when i have a chance. Not sure if it will fix things or not. til then, welcome to Gumby world.

oddly, the leg animation being screwed up is kinda nice in some weird funny way... sort of makes me think of some 1940s and 1950s cartoons or something.

Last edited:
lovely.jpg

Last edited:
and nope, repair tool didn't fix it.

Although, wearing armor did help a lot... maybe because the armor's facemask replaces the normal one without armor visually or something?

My guess is they don't have the facemask/eyes rigged right. Seems like the arms/eyeballs sort of are anchored wrong - probably something done in motionbuilder's rigging system Mindark uses I guess? Could be in the game engine or something? Only reason I mention motionbuilder is I know that rig from using it myself a bit and I've seen some dev screenies where they are using it at Mindark.

Will post more videos when they are uploaded. Some of them are damn scary... got head sitting on shoulders some, wings fluttering like crazy, etc. a little squash and stretch in animations is nice but this is freaking crazy.

Last edited:
Hmm...that is just messed up. I don't get anything remotely close to being that weird-looking.

Both me and my disciple got that weird black avatar thing, with long arms and legs in weird animation positions. Only happened in apartment, when I got visitors with special clothing.

wing flutter

here's the one with the wings moving, lol. Too bad MA couldn't really put in a real wing moving animation.

so this is what it's like to live in a Salvador Dali painting.

Havent had any issues like you are posting. Maybe its related to the kinda of graphics card you have? :dunno:

-Bemo-

I'm having all kinds of craziness like this too! Once I put my armor on, it goes away. I guess I'll be wearing armor until next patch...

I believe it has to do with some clothing articles. Some textures and actual clothes will cause this bug.

I believe it has to do with some clothing articles. Some textures and actual clothes will cause this bug.

I just tried only wearing armor and that did indeed get rid of the horrible mutations. The last item I took off was a rancher hat.

:yay:

Edit: I can wear my welding goggles without a problem, at least at the moment.

Strangely enough, I haven't had any of the problems seen in this thread. I have, however, stopped getting the problems I had after the last big update.

Perhaps it is card/driver related.

Strangely enough, I haven't had any of the problems seen in this thread. I have, however, stopped getting the problems I had after the last big update.

Perhaps it is card/driver related.
I have tried this with old and new drivers, the same thing happens every time. It only happens with different clothing a and textures.

Last edited:
Makeup mask or some cloth related issue I bet.

Polar bear head do wierd stuff also.

it was the wings... too bad it's not Halloween and that the avatar redesign contest isn't still going on, lol.

here's a few more fun little pics.

I hunted a little in safe mode just to see what it looks like... actually look like gumby or some animated character on cartoons with that... in full color it gets disorienting a little after a while.

My guess is the arms and eyes on the motion builder rig with the wing animation are not rigged right with the rest of the rig, so they stay put while the rest of the body is moving, making some very odd as hell looking stretchiness going on as the game engine is trying to compensate but can't because polys are being turned inside out.

I haven't got a screenie( which I will take next time) but even pre VU , I was mining in FOMA and when I got hit by a mob, my Ava looked like I was doing some sort of a gymnastic diving stance with my legs straight up over my shoulder and my hands doing an aeroplane LMFAO:laugh::laugh::laugh: :eyecrazy:

Back