Auction threats - What to watch out for:

Auctionfees gets refunded?

Good. You dont understand.

I create an offer for Eon Shins (M). Start MU i set at +1k. I pay fee (from +1k)
I set BO at TT+6k.
If I pay fee from 6k, and then sell Eon for +5k, difference between 5k and 6k must be refunded.
If not - auction dies immediately :)

All these rules is applicable for all offers

Isnt there a max fee thats kicks in before your eon +5k?
What i suggested is that all 1ped start 1million bo will be too expensive to do, with items that are worth 1ped.

Seriously...... if people are stupid enough in a Real Cash Economy game to not READ the first or SECOND confirmation that auction gives you then yes they deserve to get their peds take from them.

No they don't deserve to have their peds taken from them.

Anyone can make a mistake and Sunsout is educating us as to what to look out (blatant scams) when buying from the auction.

I for one support his post.

Isnt there a max fee thats kicks in before your eon +5k?
What i suggested is that all 1ped start 1million bo will be too expensive to do, with items that are worth 1ped.

Sorry, first, i forget that max auction fee can be only 100 PED. You can set SB and BO for 1 million PED, and anyway pay 100 PED

Second, fee from +5k and fee from +6k will be different, i dont like to pay more!

And third. How i can calculate MU for new or unique items? I can set BO at 30k PED. Why i must pay fee for this sum?

If you want to do price check at 30k bo it cost you 100ped only diffrence i suggest is that you pay auctionfee infront.

aktersnurra, I think that what you suggest - not going to happen.

Simply you must be more attentive, and you cant do a fatal mistake.
If you (not personally you) cannot be careful - you must leave EU.

Damn, this forum has become toxic as of late.

I'm not sure where i stand on the naming of avatar names, i don't like it since it can create a lot of bad rep without the person being able to defend himself(unless he somehow finds out about the thread of course)... on the other hand it must be ok for a community to discuss public actions taken within the game. Ultimately i think thats beside the point of the thread though.

I remember falling for the "tt Blueprint flip" once when i was a noob, ;).

Great thread, great msg.

Best regards
Zweshi

Last edited:
Hmm I must be noob or I don't understand. From what I used to is you pay a fee of what the start price is set at. If it sells for the initial price there are no additional fees. If it sells for higher then starting price, you pay the difference to a max amount I believe 100 ped. Did this change? :scratch2:

Hmm I must be noob or I don't understand. From what I used to is you pay a fee of what the start price is set at. If it sells for the initial price there are no additional fees. If it sells for higher then starting price, you pay the difference to a max amount I believe 100 ped. Did this change? :scratch2:

Was proposed to take fee from the BO price, when you create auction. I said that this is unacceptable :)

Thanks for the support guys. Between this post and the last one that got locked: 13 + reps so for, only 3 neg reps. So it shows that the majority, by far, are good people. That means a lot.

All 3 neg reps, (Serra, Whiteknut, and Bemo) left cuss filled remarks, AND all called me names. All over this meaningless little thread that was just trying to help people. I wonder why they get so mad??? :scratch2:

He isn't trolling your posts, you are trolling this forum with your idiotic mission to baby proof this game. At least this time you have not violated all forum rules by naming and shaming players.

Pointless thread and a waste of time imo, if ppl are dumb enough to fall for auctions like you describe them, then that's totally okay, they deserve to have given the chance to learn a valuable lesson about money

YOU HAVE TO PAY ATTENTION

Cause if you don't do that guess what ... there is always someone there to take it from you

Angel

PREACH!
:wise:

Thanks for the support guys. Between this post and the last one that got locked: 13 + reps so for, only 3 neg reps. So it shows that the majority, by far, are good people. That means a lot.

All 3 neg reps, (Serra, Whiteknut, and Bemo) left cuss filled remarks, AND all called me names. All over this meaningless little thread that was just trying to help people. I wonder why they get so mad??? :scratch2:
I don't think it's a good standard to name your neg reps publicly ... I got some too for, well, apparently the peeps were fucking retarded and illiterate.
Should start remembering that the avg. age in this forum is around 12 years, mentally, that is.
(Seriously, i see way more sophisticated discussions in WoW, GW2, etc. forums)

Aaaand to respond to some of them neg-reps, i never said that warning people is a bad thing, i merely stated that, people should have a brain of their own, which, most of you obviously don't have.

Over and out, and happy b-day to captain Kirk.

Last edited:
Or the following few things to could be implemented:
1) Provide a comparison with the weekly markup to the made bid when attempting to buy something. Highlight it in red if the markup exceeds +100%.
2) Remove the ability to list TT items on the same planet they're bought from

And before people get their panties in a twist:
1) This is a game where giving someone 15 ped (equivalent of a McDonald's hamburger) makes their day
2) The only reason some profit is because not everyone is triple-checking everything to make a 50PED/hour wage
3) Telling the people who make your twin peaks spamming operation possible, to sod off, might not be the best for your interests.

Really, everyone can see the price, so no problem there. And no reason to post pointless pictures of auctions here.

If they are careful, then they wont bid neither on big buyout auctions or no buyout auctions.

Seriously...... if people are stupid enough in a Real Cash Economy game to not READ the first or SECOND confirmation that auction gives you then yes they deserve to get their peds take from them.

YOU DONT LIKE IT DONT CLICK ON IT!

Y'know, you guys are right. We should just tell all the newcomers "don't get scammed, k, thks, bie." and walk away without teaching them anything else. If they're not smart enough to avoid every possible trap, then screw them.

Yeah, this is a great way to get new players. :rolleyes:

(Please note the sarcasm.)

I remember falling for the "tt Blueprint flip" once when i was a noob,

Do I really need to post the links to all the "damn, I bid my whole ped card" threads we got here?

I'm not saying anything needs to be changed. No 3rd confirmation window. No other "nanny programming". I'm saying knowledge = power. Teach new players (and drunks) what to watch out for.

Just implement so the BO auction fee needs to be payed infront.
And who are you (ingame name)? Account made today, all 5 posts in this thread only? New player?

on the other hand it must be ok for a community to discuss public actions taken within the game.
I always kind of thought of the publicly available things in game like estate terminals, auctions, etc. should be ok for discussion since it's public knowledge essentially. Knowledge seeks to be free.

However, others seem to disagree sometimes.

Frankly, I would have preferred to have left the previous thread alone, however, it became all about a single name, instead of the auction issues.

At least this time, folks are discussing the actions, not the people.

Y'know, you guys are right. We should just tell all the newcomers "don't get scammed, k, thks, bie." and walk away without teaching them anything else. If they're not smart enough to avoid every possible trap, then screw them.

But there's heaps and heaps of info about these EXACT scam methods already on EVERY forum about EU.
Did I say "heaps" yet?
If people don't want to be scammed, they could show some initiative and google "entropia scams" like I did back in 07 when my armor was scammed off of me as a newbie. If that's beyond them, then... what can you do?
Being that new to the game (you're 100% newbie if you don't know about these scams), they probably don't even know about the forum. So posting all this nanny bs is a waste of time, majority of people in this forum, definitely know about scams in EU and if they're still falling for it, it's because THEY CAN'T BE SAVED.
Just like real life; You can't save everyone.

IMO - make a "creche" subforum for all the children who need their hands held as they deal with REAL MONEY.

Posting this in here - if for the sake of saving newbies from scams - is not going to get the result you are aiming for. Notice that 99.999999999% of the people reading this scam thread, know all about the scams already? No Noobs.

Last edited:

Do I really need to post the links to all the "damn, I bid my whole ped card" threads we got here?

I'm not saying anything needs to be changed. No 3rd confirmation window. No other "nanny programming". I'm saying knowledge = power. Teach new players (and drunks) what to watch out for.

And who are you (ingame name)? Account made today, all 5 posts in this thread only? New player?

I think what John said above says it all. +Rep and thats exactly what is needed these days.

I do understand those who profit from others mistakes having a bias against distribution of knowledge, however its time that such issues are bought to light.

Cheers,

Divinity

But there's heaps and heaps of info about these EXACT scam methods already on EVERY forum about EU.
Did I say "heaps" yet?
If people don't want to be scammed, they could show some initiative and google "entropia scams" like I did back in 07 when my armor was scammed off of me as a newbie. If that's beyond them, then... what can you do?
Being that new to the game (you're 100% newbie if you don't know about these scams), they probably don't even know about the forum. So posting all this nanny bs is a waste of time, majority of people in this forum, definitely know about scams in EU and if they're still falling for it, it's because THEY CAN'T BE SAVED.
Just like real life; You can't save everyone.

IMO - make a "creche" subforum for all the children who need their hands held as they deal with REAL MONEY.

Posting this in here - if for the sake of saving newbies from scams - is not going to get the result you are aiming for. Notice that 99.999999999% of the people reading this scam thread, know all about the scams already? No Noobs.

If it helps just ONE person, then this thread was worth it. You seem to want to help no one at all. Which makes no fucking sense to me whatsoever.

If it helps just ONE person, then this thread was worth it. You seem to want to help no one at all. Which makes no fucking sense to me whatsoever.

Indeed {removed}. You are one angry helper.

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed {removed}. You are one angry helper.

Darnit...I wanted to know what deep and profound name I was called. You are so cool and tough, {removed}.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's better to learn things the hard way, then you will remember it for a loooong time, and quite probably not gonna be doing that same mistake again any time soon.
So, i would rather have noobs (new players) doing these mistakes for some $5 or less... and then learning from it and quite possibly not doing those mistakes in the future (including in real life).

Just saying, another view to that point.

If you were to do this with say... 1k+ USD item.. well, that's just... wow.

This isn't helping anyone though.
That's the point.
And you personally can't help much, you're too emotional and don't think logically. Your threads end up with you raging at half the posters because they don't agree with you.
Look at your visitor messages, all response to abuse you've given people (such as the neg rep you give me).
Oh so very HELPFUL.

That's the point.
And you personally can't help much, you're too emotional and don't think logically. Your threads end up with you raging at half the posters because they don't agree with you.
Look at your visitor messages, all response to abuse you've given people (such as the neg rep you give me).
Oh so very HELPFUL.

Nah he has great plan : "give unwanted tips, if someone tries to add something or question anything - then tell him to go f*** himself and give him neg rep" (and calling them stupid , shady, nuts etc will only help him raise the quality of his tips)

Nah he has great plan : "give unwanted tips, if someone tries to add something or question anything - then tell him to go f*** himself and give him neg rep" (and calling them stupid , shady, nuts etc will only help him raise the quality of his tips)

Now you are straight up lying. I didn't tell anyone to go f*** themselves, and never have. If you don't want the tip, why you reading it? I feel sorry for you. You really need to relax.

That's the point.
Oh so very HELPFUL.

Lol...your not helping either. And how the hell was the OP too emotional or illogical? You make no sense. So what if I respond to trolls? The only posters I abuse are the ones who are trolls and have nothing good to say. And I neg rep them too. Now quit being so angry and try and be nice.

Edit: wow I actually looked at my visitor messages, and there was really only one pissed off person, and you. So good job increasing the number from 1 to 2 to prove your point. Seriously. You write that shit about me and there was only 1 message? Did you see your messages? You got owned by Maygar in one of them, and busted for violating forum rules in another...gg.

Oh well, keep doing it, cuz all you are doing is helping my cause by bumping my OP.

You and Whiteknut are so simple-minded that you are actually helping the guy you hate get his message out to more people.

I love it!

Last edited:
To be honest, a new player would come on here read the first post.

Thinking oh yes need to watch out for that thanks.

Then they will read the rest of the argument and think, "Oh didn't know this was a child's game, I am leaving".

I did not read all the thread, but the OP was just trying to help, even if we already know it, in this world some people are idiots.

People are so sensitive when it comes to people disagreeing with them..... Grow a pair the lot of yah, stop getting so personally and address the issue, every post is pointless useless arguing. :S

I didn't say the OP... nowhere in my post did the letters O and P sit next to each other. The fact that your automatic response is "And how the hell was the OP too emotional or illogical?" proves you didn't even comprehend what I posted and you just react emotionally.
"Now quit being so angry" The tone of your posts and the language you use show it's actually you who gets upset, not "us".
"The only posters I abuse are the ones who are trolls and have nothing good to say."
So why abuse me then? I have valid points and I'm not trolling. If anything, given that you omit information in your rebuttals, use semantics to push your point and abuse those who don't agree with you, I'd suggest YOU are the troll.

/ignored

Back