Strange ships at Twin Peaks

krazykat

Prowler
Cassandra Red Savage
standing at Twin Peaks today, I saw what looked very like privateer spaceships crossing the sky in different directions. Clearly not "real" ones, but is this a hint that we will be able to fly about on planet sometime soon? I'm not at Twin very often, so I have no idea how long these things have been zooming about.

They are all over the planet actually, along with static ships of a different model :)

Part of the robot invasion that is going on, but hopefully also there to stay... I like them :D

I "fly about" all the time. :)

And yes, the no-real planes flying through the sky have been around on vairous places for a few weeks now

Yes exactly. MA always was giving hints like that.

For example before VU10.0 there was VTOL standing in one of cities. Today we can fly similar one. Problem is that it took developers only 7 years to implement, so on your place i would not get exscited about flying in atmosphere any soon with your privater /MS :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdkCpnGMyGw <== potential problems with such stuff ;)

Last edited:
One of those struck the ground right in front of me at Echidna, bounced off and went back into the sky at the same angle :D Wonder who gave flying licenses to those guys.

Thanks for the replies all :) I've not spent much time on Caly recently - or any planet for that matter :)

Yes exactly. MA always was giving hints like that.

For example before VU10.0 there was VTOL standing in one of cities. Today we can fly similar one. Problem is that it took developers only 7 years to implement, so on your place i would not get exscited about flying in atmosphere any soon with your privater /MS :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdkCpnGMyGw <== potential problems with such stuff ;)

Damn! Well, I can only hope :)

One (officially owned) mothership has been seen in atmosphere already, back in 2011:

Been watching these ships since they first appeared. Some observations:
* They look like privateers but travel much faster
* At first they traveled horizontally in straight lines but more recently can make sharp turns e.g. straight up into sky
* Also more recently seem to be flying lower than before
* Some of the stationary big ships are also at a lower height but still not possible to fly to them in vtol.
* The big ships seem to have pods/capsule type things attached to them around 18 I think on their mid section. These look as if they may detach from the main ship.

* The big ships seem to have pods/capsule type things attached to them around 18 I think on their mid section. These look as if they may detach from the main ship.

Quite a few possibilities for what those could be... cargo containers, escape pods, landing pods...

One (officially owned) mothership has been seen in atmosphere already, back in 2011:

Awesome video ty, Jan himself has shown us they can do it, personally I don't think it will be a years long wait this time, and that's exciting, lets see this game get SERIOUS! :wtg::yup: (where's our mothership attacking planet icon?)

The fake privateers in Calypso's sky are a very good add to make me feel at a colonial planet. There is no meaning in it except making the enviroment more realistic and exciting. Just a gimmik.

The fake privateers in Calypso's sky are a very good add to make me feel at a colonial planet. There is no meaning in it except making the enviroment more realistic and exciting. Just a gimmik.

I think that's so wrong that it's well completely wrong ;)

I suspect they are showing us these new ships of things to come. A privateer that flies faster than normal privateer. You need to then ask how and why? perhaps by some kind of upgrade? So perhaps they are showing us privateers and possibly other ships could be upgradeable soon.

The bigger ships perhaps they are showing us they will also be in game soon.

MindArk and Calypso development team may not communicate with us directly but I think they do via in game items like this. The need to communicate is always there even if they have a policy to keep a tight lip, humanity finds a way. It's in our nature to communicate.

Remember that Privateers currently use SubWarp drive Mk I. So are quite slow. If MA release MkII-IV we will see Privateers travelling much faster!

One of those struck the ground right in front of me at Echidna, bounced off and went back into the sky at the same angle :D Wonder who gave flying licenses to those guys.

Sounds like my flying :laugh:

Remember that Privateers currently use SubWarp drive Mk I. So are quite slow. If MA release MkII-IV we will see Privateers travelling much faster!

We can only hope :) To say nothing of armament II - IV as well.

Perhaps after this update those big ships would have landed and new upgrades for ships available.

Or perhaps those big ships will be shown at twins like mothership was before it's launch?

Back