Calling All Calypso Citizens! {NHS} Announcement

Farsight

Mature
Anubis Sethos Farsight
Hi everyone!

I hope you are all enjoying your time in EU as much as i am, Such an awesome world i can't beleive i've only just joined!

I started about a week ago and have been learning alot in my time so far. I have met some good people, gained a mentor and a few friends already! I first started on Arkadia, then joined Calypso when i found it to be far more Newbie friendly on entry to the game. I have discovered how to sweat, learnt a bit about mining and enjoyed a little hunting so far. Throughout this first week i have encountered a few steep learning curves and enjoyed the challenge it brings.

Thats enough about me anyway. I am here to talk to you about an idea which occured to me while spending many hours sweating away at Nea's place. I first noticed that we have a hell of alot of new players joining and it's awesome to see. I then noticed that all these people were trying to make money the same way. This made selling the resource somewhat difficult and prices are driven to the ground. However there simply is no better way to start out making a few PED. Then i thought to myself whilst sweating the last drop i could before the monster dried up, why not help out these people by giving them something more to work towards, a little helping hand perhaps. Now i don't mean in handouts as that would be counter productive. I am talking about injecting more money into our young Entropians.

My idea is this. I would like to set up the Newbie Helping Society {NHS}

The {NHS} will help young players out by supporting, educating and enabling them to have more fun in game. The theory is: If you inject more cash into the newbies, they will grow faster, turn over more money and return on that investment by boosting the economy for all! Not only that they will be far more likely to play more, continue playing or come back from retirement through hearing about growth and how much fun they are having!

Now i know the laws of supply and demand, so more players means more demand and an increase in sales, but also more resources being farmed. This means that there will be more money in the system and this will grow exponentially so long as player growth continues. This will drive CLD prices, Equity in most rare equipment and events would thrive further injecting even more cash in!

I am really behind this idea and want to see it through. The mechanics of it are that i wish to keep investing in these young players, buying their wares, supplying them (gear, probes, ammo whatever they need) or just generaly helping them out wherever is possible. Any profit made from trading at a slightly higher MU than paid, would be put straight back into the NHS to help it grow faster. Essentially a non profit organisation to help new players get their feet in the world. I plan to buy CLD's for the NHS to produce cash continuosly to be able to help fund these new players and keep trading as much as possible to help put more cash into the economy.

I will buy their wares at a better markup than TT (say 105%) and only just below the MU (107% for example) so that there is just enough to make a small donation into the NHS so this can continue. This will mean the young players will be making more on their wares and have more to spend. I will supply ammunition to hunters, Probes and mining gear to new miners and help out any other style of play in whatever way i can. Hopefully even get a few more members to the society when it's found its feet to help out, as there will be lots to do! :)

So far i have raised 15 PED through sweating to do a startup mining run. I am looking for some people to trade whatever ores i may get from this run for something no matter what it may be. I would like to then take that trade and post it on here to try and gain more support and trade it again to attempt to reach the First CLD which will literally become the foundation of the NHS in the Entropia Universe! I am really excited about this project and working as hard as i possibly can to earn more ped, but any trade to try and reach this goal would be so greatly appreciated you could not beleive lol. This owuld be helping me realise my Entropian dream to actually impact the economy in a positive way! 1 CLD means 30000 weapon cells i can hand out a week, which makes three very happy newbies have that bit more fun to carry on!

To me this will not only help NHS flourish but will also give us a great story to tell in the future. Anyone who does help will be honoured and named on here! if i can do more tell me

If you have read all this, Thank you for reading what i have to say and i hope i have made a good impression on the fellow Entropians on here :)

I am now off to do The mining run and see what i come up with! I will post it on here for all to see :)

I Look forward to Meeting you all ingame and if anyone has any improvements or suggestions for me they are also very welcome!

Thanks again!

Kind Regards and Good Luck

Anubis Sethos Farsight

Last edited:
Ok, I'll bite ..... add me to you F/L, when I get back to Caly .... I'll clear out some of my storage to help you on your way.

Thanks Rookie!! NHS is growing already! I will trade you whatever ores i get from the mining run for whatever you wish to trade :). I will post your trade and name up for the hall of fame :) Let me know when you hit Calypso again!

Last edited:
Sounds good, i might think about another name but other than that, i hope you manage flourish :)

Regards
Thark

Thanks for the feedback. Suggestions are always welcome! It's already growing :)

OK so i completed the mining run: Inclusive of a previous mining run i had with some probes that were donated to me i have the following to trade:

Belkar Stone - 415
Lysterium Stone - 767
Copper stone - 33
Blausarium stone - 60
Crude Oil - 290
Force Nexus - 34
sweetstuff - 6
iron stone - 6
typonolic steam - 2

Let me know if anyone has any offers :)

Thanks again if you took the time to read this!

When I read the title, and seen it was in services.. I genuinely thought you were making a " National Healing Service" :laugh::ahh:

Good luck with the helping society :)

When I read the title, and seen it was in services.. I genuinely thought you were making a " National Healing Service" :laugh::ahh:

Good luck with the helping society :)

me too, I thought "wtf, I work for them I don't want to game for them".

also to the OP... you found Caly more noob friendly? I way prefer Ark for my disciples, I gotta say. Far more lower level friendly mission chains to get an actual feeling of progression. Each to their own though, gl. ^-^

I'm going to wish you good luck and say that enthusiasm and determination can take you a long way in this universe!

:sweat:

gl to u its like viper all over again wish u all the best in game!!!

Woot, you're pretty fast here lol All the best for your project and good luck mate! :)

PS: It's nice to meet and chat with you in game :beerchug:

hehe. I made same mistake. NHS..wtf???

Best of luck to you.

But i do think that, in your grand scheme, you're overlooking something. In a Real Cash Economy, everything is actually paid for in real cash, one way or another; and exponential growth (except of sweat stockpiles) isn't actually possible without either a) increasing the number of depositors , or b) persuading people to deposit more.

So there has to come a point where people realise: I can have a lot more fun if i deposit some cash. MA would go bankrupt and game would vanish otherwise.

That's not to say you can't have a lot of fun as as a newbie non-depositor, nor is it to say that a non-depoaitor doesn't contribute to the economy. On the contrary, if they're providing a service that uber depositors need, or just making the game more fun for all, then they're very much contributing. Just that it's always gonna be limited by the nature of of the game, and you can't ever ignore the depositor's role and come up with sensible answers.

in a subscription-based games , there's nothing- beyond player enthusiiasm- to limit exponential grown. In this game there is.

Not trying to pour cold water on this. Just saying: adjust your model a bit

jay :)

Arkadia is better

Arkadia is better for mining and skill gain for new players.

hehe. I made same mistake. NHS..wtf???

Best of luck to you.

But i do think that, in your grand scheme, you're overlooking something. In a Real Cash Economy, everything is actually paid for in real cash, one way or another; and exponential growth (except of sweat stockpiles) isn't actually possible without either a) increasing the number of depositors , or b) persuading people to deposit more.

So there has to come a point where people realise: I can have a lot more fun if i deposit some cash. MA would go bankrupt and game would vanish otherwise.

That's not to say you can't have a lot of fun as as a newbie non-depositor, nor is it to say that a non-depoaitor doesn't contribute to the economy. On the contrary, if they're providing a service that uber depositors need, or just making the game more fun for all, then they're very much contributing. Just that it's always gonna be limited by the nature of of the game, and you can't ever ignore the depositor's role and come up with sensible answers.

in a subscription-based games , there's nothing- beyond player enthusiiasm- to limit exponential grown. In this game there is.

Not trying to pour cold water on this. Just saying: adjust your model a bit

jay :)

First of all, Let me say 320 view in a day i can't beleive it haha! Thank you all for your well wishes and support so far it's all helping already!

I understand what you are saying here Jaywalker, so to update my business model as soon as i hit the first CLD through trading here on the forum i will match the investment that EU has made in me with another CLD which i will deposit for. Not only that i will spread my story to everyone who i give help to in the world (which will be a good few people to start with). I will also start the CLD fund with a $10 deposit myself giving 100 PED straight towards the first CLD. Just wanting to show that i am committed so that hopefully will drum up a few more trades or donations to help along the way. By spreading the story i mean i will highlight how important this first $10 deposit will be to the journey and growth of the Newbie Helper Service. Hopefully by giving the new players a bit more free fun, they will decide when that help has run out to deposit and replenish their stocks.
This is the effect i am hoping to have. Should it work then the economy should still grow as predicted, not uber fast but it will still help with growth!

If anyone does have any trades for my mined items to help along the way, they will be greatly appreciated! Even if it's another item i can trade again, anything will help!

Thanks again for all the support i'm genuinely really happy to read these messages :)!

Kind Regards and Good Luck

Anubis

Arkadia is better for mining and skill gain for new players.

I found Arkadia extremely hard to sell anything i found on due to lack of players though. Perhaps i just didnt explore enough, Either way i preferred Calypso due to the simple fact there were a tonne of players to talk to straight away. Not Knocking Arkadia as it is still growing and still an awesome place! Just highlighting my preference.

Thanks for your reply Sara Good Luck in your adventures!

Anubis

Hi everyone quick update on progress.

Deposit is made i now have 100 PED towards the first CLD.

I now have also got 39,000 Sweat to trade/sell as well as the below.

Belkar Stone - 415
Lysterium Stone - 767
Copper stone - 33
Blausarium stone - 60
Crude Oil - 290
Force Nexus - 34
sweetstuff - 6
iron stone - 6
typonolic steam - 2

If anyone has a trade and could help me on the way to success please let me know would be greatly appreciated!

Have fun all:wtg:

Bumpers!
May be a few services available shortly will update once planning complete :) still looking for trades or buyers for the above items! If anyone is interested lemme know can do job lot or separate!

We have another initiative running: HERE.

Also... perhaps you can also learn a few things from Dtler: HERE.

And perhaps get some insights inot trading from Baba: HERE.

Perhaps you folks should join forces? ;)

Good luck.

Back