Entropia Universe Research Questionnaire for school project

antmertdsv

Hi!

We are two game development students at Stockholm University, Sweden. We are currently writing our Bachelor Thesis on economics in MMOs, which includes us asking people to answer a short questionnaire.

We would really appreciate it if you took the time to answer our questionnaire. It is targeted towards World of Warcraft and/or Entropia Universe players and will only take a few minutes to answer.

It’s completely anonymous of course and the results will only be used for our school project.

Link to the Questionnaire: http://goo.gl/PWLAc

Answer and you might get cookies! :)

Thank you!

10. How often do you use real money to buy gold / make a deposit?
11. How often do you sell gold / make a withdrawal for real money?

I'm afraid these questions do not make much sense.

Sure some people might deposit weekly. But answering just how often but not how much - I can't see what that will tell you. I could as easily deposit 10 USD once a week, or 40 USD once a month.

As for withdrawls, I have never ever met a single person that I know of to withdraw PED more than once a week. Once a month, perhaps. Once or twice a year is more likely, though.

Done, seems very Gold orientated?

Hey,

Done.

@Konve: you can answer in fractions to represent what you mean.

Regards
Thark

Done,

I'm afraid these questions do not make much sense.

Sure some people might deposit weekly. But answering just how often but not how much - I can't see what that will tell you. I could as easily deposit 10 USD once a week, or 40 USD once a month.

As for withdrawls, I have never ever met a single person that I know of to withdraw PED more than once a week. Once a month, perhaps. Once or twice a year is more likely, though.

I thought the questions made sense.

You have to use math, I put in 0.25 to make every 4 weeks i withdraw once.

If they can't work it out then they shouldn't be students :)

It is a highly dubious school project. This seems more like a gold-farmer/seller survey. :wise:

It is a highly dubious school project. This seems more like a gold-farmer/seller survey. :wise:

This isn't exactly proof, but just thought I'd point out that Stockholm University does have a Bachelor program in Game Development. (And the different payment models that EU and WoW represent have been a hot topic the last couple of years in the industry.)

@Konve: you can answer in fractions to represent what you mean.

Regards
Thark

Yes, of course I realise that. But it's still not a very intuitive way of doing a survey. I am just trying to be helpful and point out some things to antmertdsv, so s/he can make a better survey next time.

For example, this bit; e.g. "7", indicated that a whole number should be entered. And dividing by weekly is not the best, imho, for those cases I mentioned (especially withdrawals).

And while I have been a member since mid 2003, I have only withdrawn twice. And both times this year. How do I represent that in the question asked? I just added "0", since I did not have a better idea.

done and also in doing this, I think that I've earned some rum, please private message me for address to send rum to.

Back