hunting hand to hand for noobs

casty

Wondering if it is cost effective and surviable to fight
Level one punies with the 3.8 ped gloves from tt
And approx number of kills possible before having to replace gloves
I.e wil loot drops enable u to replace gloves as needed and still
Earn enough peds to make a profit as u collect ammo
You cant afford to buy

Do you want the short answer or the long answer? Because the short answer is no - never.

I still would love to see hand to hand combat. 1 point of bare fist dmg for every 25HP you have with an attack rate of 25/min.

I still would love to see hand to hand combat. 1 point of bare fist dmg for every 25HP you have with an attack rate of 25/min.

Hahaha....now that would indeed be lovely. @100 HP you would have 4 dmg and approximately 1.5 dmg/sec which ought to be able to hunt punies. So the question is...where would the decay be from? No decay like the VSE? Likely impossible I think. :laugh:

Sweat before killing and you will get profit.

Hahaha....now that would indeed be lovely. @100 HP you would have 4 dmg and approximately 1.5 dmg/sec which ought to be able to hunt punies. So the question is...where would the decay be from? No decay like the VSE? Likely impossible I think. :laugh:

The decay would have to be to your own HP which would have to be renewed with a FAP to maintain the dmg rate and of course, you'd still be taking damage from the mob so that FAP decay is where MA's take would come in.

I like the idea :)

puny mobs suck! loot in them is really crappy. If you do plan to do this forget the iron man mission and head up to the gateway if the tp to there still works and hit the allophyl and other mobs near it that at least have skins and drop the L guns that have at least a little mark up...

or, better yet, do like I did recently and head to Rocktropia. Trolls are RTs version of puny but they have a major advantage in that their health is much smaller than a puny mobs health, so for same amount of ped in decay you get a hell of a lot more kills in, along with the 'kill bonus' on each of em.

Billy Bar is a noobie mission on RT that is great for this sort of thing since it's a repeatable instance in a tiny room where you kill about 20 or so trolls.

Trolls have 3 health. Puny have 10. Therefore you can kill 2-4 times more trolls for same amount of decay one puny will cost you depending on your weapon and now many crits you get.

Gloves may do too much damage on trolls though and give you overkill? I use a viper whip since it's really low damage, similar in level to the kiwio.

You'll probably never 'profit' a lot but if you count skill gains as a gain, trolls kick puny ass simply because of the number of kills you can get in the same amount of ped decay. Markup-wise though, the gateway might be better since those guns and attachments have high markup (even though selling them will likely be difficult since they are really low level and only have a few shots - better to use em yourself)

Last edited:
The decay would have to be to your own HP which would have to be renewed with a FAP to maintain the dmg rate and of course, you'd still be taking damage from the mob so that FAP decay is where MA's take would come in.

I like the idea :)

When I started no one used armour, well some did and you lost any profit when you repaired it, you just waited for your HP to regenerate before starting on the next but they've nerfed players regen since then. It used to take a few minutes to completely regen but now it's a lot longer.

The only tt weapon I know is the enblade-a and on Ark I can kill 70-80 halix on a single blade - young to provider. The closest Calypso equivalent mob would be the Snable or Daikiba, my gut feeling would be it's a similar quantity.

The low end punies I've tried aren't worth hunting as they don't drop enough to pay for decay on the weapon.

Back