PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources

View Poll Results: limited weapons good or bad?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like to use bigger guns when skills are increasing

33 30.84%
  • I hate getting new weapons every time

43 40.19%
  • I refuse to use limited weapons

21 19.63%
  • other (post)

10 9.35%
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    LeeLoo LeeLoo Faith
    Society
    OldTimers
    Blog Entries
    Images

Limited Weapons good or bad?

I dont like that I have to buy a new weapon every few hunts and ofc the fact that the weapons I am using are the "most wanted" and markup is quite high atm, most weapons go for 130%-150%

But on the other hand, while skills are increasing so are the weapons to use and the damage done while hunting. some "upgrades" are quite neat, recently maxxed the APIS and was quite sweet to go hunt with one.

ofc for the economy it is also good that the demand for weapons is steady, so you can sell your crafted or looted weapons ...
    Colorful Faith -LeeLoo´s Fashion Service
    Coloring
    [51] . Tailoring [27]. make Textures [29] .Texturing [39]

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Falagor Falagor Frostmaster
    Society
    NBK Rangers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLoo Faith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dont like that I have to buy a new weapon every few hunts and ofc the fact that the weapons I am using are the "most wanted" and markup is quite high atm, most weapons go for 130%-150%

But on the other hand, while skills are increasing so are the weapons to use and the damage done while hunting. some "upgrades" are quite neat, recently maxxed the APIS and was quite sweet to go hunt with one.

ofc for the economy it is also good that the demand for weapons is steady, so you can sell your crafted or looted weapons ...
    Other...

I only use limited weapons with effective markup under 101%. Since i am skilling mindforce and i am skilled to use highest lacerating chips - the nanochips are great. For example: lacerating attack nanochip XI (L) at price of 140% has effective markup still under 101% . It will be long before they will hit that price imho though and i already have decent stock in my storage (for more than 70k peds cycled hunts) all bought at 101-106% so even though i am using limited items the effetive markup on it is very very small (under 100.20%).

Of course i still like the fact there are limited weapons ingame. And to be honest if it was me who would design game like Entropia i would make all weapons limited - this would stimulate economy much more than all the unlimited weapons we have. Of course some weaposn would have to be avaible at TT but they would also be limited (like Kiwio II) so players who want to hunt bigger would actually have to buy crafted/looted weapons becasue the ones avaible at TT would not be enough for their needs.

Falagor
    Last edited by Falagor; 05-29-2013 at 10:33. Reason: bolding

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    mike Futurama anderson
    Society
    Freelance
    Images
    Limited items were introduced to make mining and crafting useful and to include some markup in hunting. W/o limited items, crafting would be useless (btw which was already proven years ago, when crafters like Auktuma could craft everything that was needed for the community in maybe few hours. Ask him how many ghost parts he has dropped into tt terminal ). Same goes for mining, if there is almost nothing to craft, then resources have exactly 0 markup. And same for hunting - 0 markup.

You just cannot drop an unlimited number of unlimited weapons, people will be just throwing them into tt. You may like L items or not, but they are needed for the ped cycle.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Teiwaz Storm Ing
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    As you noticed yourself, L items are essential for healthy economy.
    Of course we all prefer to have unlimited and just repair from time to time instead of looking for new Ls.
    MA seems to have goal to make L items obsolete, just look how many unlimited armors and guns dropped in last half year. This is sad really as this will ultimately backfire and destroy game. With no real way to decrease number of unlimited items (only one was removed - need for second item while tiering) we will get soon flooded. Mark my words.
    good luck,
    Tei
    "Everything is the way it is because we've all agreed that's the way it is."
    - Charles de Lint, The Onion Girl

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Joan Xperia Dárc
    Society
    ROUA
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Falagor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And to be honest if it was me who would design game like Entropia i would make all weapons limited

Falagor
    If you were to desing Entropia I would quit the next day
    ATH is chasing me, but I'm faster!!!

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Wand AxeMurderer Silva
    Society
    Massive Dynamic
    Images
    voted "I like to use bigger guns when skills are increasing"
    at least until you are like lvl 30-40 it seems to me there is no point of going unlimited. reasons why buy UL gun and amp for lvl 5 when next month you will be lvl 10 and want bigger gun/amp. + the MU on the UL weapon will drop + the eco of the limited weapon is better.
    But once you deside that you will play for years with only 1 weapon and your proffesions takes months to go up 1 lvl then you can consider going UL.
    But playing years with only 1 weapon can be boring and hard to do.
    Also if we are talking about low lvl unlimited you loot al the time low lvl limited weapons with better eco that you can't sell easely. So better just use them.

Oni
    Society
    Skillin' Villains
    Images
    Well, we'd all love to have a powerful and eco unlimited weapon. But the fact is that the economy needs L, and it's often the case for most of us that the best choice is L.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Magnus Svarog
    Society
    freelancer
    Images
    I hate L shit to the innermost of my pixel heart, but understand that it's good for economy so I've learned to live with it. Even worse - not being a crafter myself, I believe that all L should be removed from loot and be only crafted. Kinda masochism, yep

So yes, I hate it and think it's good. How should I vote?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Jennson Laudi Marakomm
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    I hate (L) stuff. That's the reason why i almost always use UL weaponry. Anyway i like eco, so i had to pay a good amount of MU for nice UL SIB stuff.

That being said i think in general (L) is important and necessary for the economy to have consumables.

Prowler
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Randall Psychnosiz Flagg
    Society
    Digital Resistance
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm not fond of (l) but do use it. Imo the top range needs to be higher % mu then the midlevel though. 130% - 150% for midlevel is too expensive. Lower price > more burned items > more sales for crafters.
    Atrox Killin' since 2009.
    Uber: 0 | Hof: 4 | Globs: 65 | Highest: 470ped | Fap-5: Lost count

CND Mining (unamped) since opening.
    Uber: 0 | Hof: 8 | Globs: Lost count | Highest: 880ped

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast