Votes: 33 30.6%
  • I hate getting new weapons every time

Votes: 43 39.8%
  • I refuse to use limited weapons

Votes: 21 19.4%
  • other (post)

Votes: 11 10.2%

• Total voters
Bravo! Goddamn that was awesome. I wanted to rep you but "i have to spread more rep first" So instead, here is Picard clapping.
29490-Picard-applause-clapping-gif-s5nz.gif

Works for me!

Carry on number one :laugh:

i think in the end, L killed off Project Entropia as it was. not L directly itself but the shift it created and the lack of coherence in its implementation.

Twice they screwed the skill system supposedly to slow people down increase their EU lifetime and then they implemented L sib massively increasing the skill gain to help people skill :scratch2:

They had to change mob HP and regen to cope and when those changes got overtaken they started implementing huge HP low damage mobs as the guns were way ahead of the readily available armour protection for most players.

They had to screw the loot system up to allow for massive loots to allow the high L items to drop and since the missions they've reduced the item drop rate even more than they had before. Getting a big hof doesn't mean you'll get an item, even less likely now and they've reduced the rate those occur as five years after the fact they actually listened to the players concerns about the cost to play and the high variability in the loot.

Reactions: Mac
Food for thought. What would happen if no L items dropped and everyone had ul items and only more of the same ul items drop. Who would buy these ul items? What would they be worth? Where and how would you bulk up hunting mu? What of crafting and mining markup(noone would need to replace gear, hypothetically), seeing materials needed for weapons and armour will no longer be needed (unless people want to buy stuff for fun). Sure people will constantly want to upgrade their gear, but what if there is an oversupply of that to the point that it has next to no value? Sure, I agree, it would be great for our hip pockets, but what of the game? Sure it would be fun to kill shit just for the hell of it, without fear of loss, but I think the whole structure and idea behind the game would have to change. I mean creatures that spawn out of thin air and stand around and move aimlessly, without doing anything or giving you anything that is worthwhile, just the same old shit with little to no value.... how... exciting...

I'm not saying MA has it right, or it's perfect. I'm not saying some of the current mu's or drop rates are right (mu's at like 180% while great for me, probably not so for the consumer, unless it's still affordable at such a price), but in your minds, what would be the perfect balance? Some way to keep mu up and drop rates regular enough.
*shrugs* anyway, doesn't matter what is done, people will always complain. Because in this game we're all supposed to profit and get rich at MA's expense....right...? (I hope your sarcasm detectors went off right there)

I get that people are pissed with all the changes, I wasn't all that thrilled either. Sure things aren't perfect, and could be MUCH better. But, fact of the matter is, the way this game is designed (as an RCE), we need a "living" in game economy based on mu. One that will keep on keeping on, without sending MA broke and making this game stagnant(if everyone profited at MA's expense, they'd withdraw, blah blah blah you'd get the picture[yes I'm talking about tt profit]). I personally think that L gear is the way to do it.
[/endramble]

Last edited:
Having sold all my unlimited top end MF chips over the weekend to free up thousands of peds, I can honestly say I felt a sense of freedom when I bought an UR125 (L) fap, Cryogenic VIII (L) and Lacerating chip X (L) to try out on a hunt.

So I’m a fan of limited to get going in the game with limited investment. I’m not in the mood right now to invest thousands of peds into unlimited again, unless I hit a very very sexy fat hof.

Can kind of sleep at night too, knowing all the limited items are only a few 100 ped value, so hardly any risk.

Limited or unlimited both have their place in the game, and satisfy different markets for different players and budgets.

Rick

Having sold all my unlimited top end MF chips over the weekend to free up thousands of peds, I can honestly say I felt a sense of freedom when I bought an UR125 (L) fap, Cryogenic VIII (L) and Lacerating chip X (L) to try out on a hunt.

So I’m a fan of limited to get going in the game with limited investment. I’m not in the mood right now to invest thousands of peds into unlimited again, unless I hit a very very sexy fat hof.

Can kind of sleep at night too, knowing all the limited items are only a few 100 ped value, so hardly any risk.

Limited or unlimited both have their place in the game, and satisfy different markets for different players and budgets.

Rick

This was is an interesting read for me, especially as it relates to the comments das was making over in this thread. I don't want to quote das out of context so I provided the link over to that thread, but I wanted to pick out the quotes that relates to this subject that has me thinking after reading it because his position is kind of where I was/am headed with my hunting profession being laser pistol, so is this what I have to look forward to?

...kept grinding & skilling till I maxed the I2870, over 260 hp & lvl 64 evader, over 2 years now without a hof over 5k TT...

...Yes I might be able to keep my peds cyling & break even WHEN LUCKY.
BUT when unlucky like now atm, I lose on avg 3k ped/week...
Is this what I need +50k ped in gear for & another +35k PED TT in skills?
It just makes me wonder, why do I bother..
We all play the same game, wether we are lvl 40 or lvl 100. The diffrence between 2.95 or 3.0 dpp is too small with current lootsystem to justify the investment.
Almost every item I have has been nerfed to shit.
Take my sala set for example..
Segs USED TO BE one of the few mobs that where worth hunting taxed but someone at the CALYPSO team (yes, Kim) decided it was better to make martial/tiger drop from cheaper to hunt mobs. Not only that, he increased droprate on shadow L etc.. & for what?
to make it cheaper for unskilled ppl. He increased HA on UL guns.. but me with my maxed hit & dmg, do I get Less misses.. I think not & ET confirms this.. SO what do I need skills for.

...I've been pretty active for the last 7 years (n°50 all time hunter on ET), & yet I see noobs with L gear perform better then my ava, & with better I don't mean just a few K ped loot/month...

My avatar is noob compared to the stats das's gave about his, and I've had two nice ubers the last month using the L weapons, so I could see this as directed at me and my situation. (However, I could say those two ubers cost me a lot more over the years then I just got back this last month.) Anyway, based on some of the other comments in this thread, maybe I need to re-think my position on L items and their place for me. I said before they may be ok for others but not for me, but maybe I too am better off keeping my speculative "investment" money in stocks earning dividends in my brokerage account and just using my discretionary fun money to depo's over time to buy the markup and decay of L items as I need them and not even bother with UL items projected savings over time (that I can't seem to get anyway). If I can keep popping ubers with L weps, faps, and armor, why bother "investing" in UL at all. I guess we could say, we can calculate an estimated savings over time with an UL item compared to a L item, but we can't calculate how many ubers you will get into that equation since they are random events, but I guess that depends on how random one thinks random is :D

Maybe I should just shift my mindset and think of myself as a "consumer" instead of an "investor as it relates to buying gear for performing activities like hunting/mining the game and leave thoughts of investing for other things.

There nothing wrong with L weapons and if MA wanted to improve the situation the weapons would last 6 months! Instead of a day or two.

At the time we made the point that if they'd given the weapons a TT similar to the existing up weapons with slightly less decay it would have been better. Instead they went in with TT values 10 or 20 times of the ul's with even bigger decay rates.

That was excused with the bigger loots that were available.

I agree with this. There is room for both (L) and Unlimited items in Entropia Universe.

There nothing wrong with L weapons and if MA wanted to improve the situation the weapons would last 6 months! Instead of a day or two.

Agreed that durability on common (mid) guns could be improved. This doesn't necessarily threaten the position of UL.

I've done very well with a mix of L and unl gear, although I cant help thinking I would be so much better off with a good unl weapon to supplement my raw-505. The problem is that any weapon with even close to the dps I need is going to cost me an investment of 20k and more like 40-50k for the weapon I want, is this worth it?

On one hand I will be saving all the peds I am spending in mu, and my profits will be even more. On the other hand I have only spent 2,5k in mu for the past 138k ped cycle so I will need to cycle more then 1mil before spending even 20k becomes worth it.

Reactions: Mac

Agreed that durability on common (mid) guns could be improved. This doesn't necessarily threaten the position of UL.

yeah exactly! maybe not increase durability to half a year, but a month instead of 3 days would be awesome!

Disagree, it would make UL obsolete. Game is broken enough atm.

I hate that my L guns keeps breaking. I miss my old UL gun.
I do however like they have lower requirements. It's necessary to keep the game balanced.

So dunno what to vote really. :D

Lower decay on my L guns, would be much appreciated.

Oh and we need more meduim-high end L blp gun drops btw. :wise: It's almost impossible to get a lvl 60-80 blp L gun these days. But I guess that's off topic here. ;)

How about repairing a limited weapon by a crafter???
They can produce one, why not repairing one.

Or repairing like u repair VTOL or other vehicles.

grtn bigdeal

grtn bigdeal

Yeah, and then instead of Unlimited it would be named Repairable:))

Bad idea:)

Have both!

Some mid range unl weapon + unl amp for the times you can't find a L for decent MU.
A good example is a Maddox 4 + Beast on the side when you are out of decent L weapon.

Disagree, it would make UL obsolete. Game is broken enough atm.

No it doesnt. UL gear, which has a fucked up HA for players who havent maxed their stats (mentioned in dev notes), is endgame content for 10/10 heavy grinders. There will always be people buying UL gear since even a MU of 101% justifies UL purchase in the long run. And maybe switch topend L gear to extremely low dura since their damage/rarity balances out the additional cost.

yeah exactly! maybe not increase durability to half a year, but a month instead of 3 days would be awesome!

And it will take you half a year, to loot an L weapon. L item loot will be the same as a hof in rarity :D

grtn bigdeal
Toss the (L) item into a repair terminal, along with sweat, residue and click repair. A certain percentage of the max TT value could be removed after each repair. Of course, this would reduce demand for (L) items. So who knows what the best choice is.

There is absolutely no difference between this and just crafting a new weapon. :tongue2:

You know, as much as I don't like the idea of paying MU on L weapons and all the hassle of having to buy one every day, I'm starting to appreciate the current pay-as-you-go Limited model for a variety of reasons. I especially like it as a way to be able to keep playing, and not feel like I'm being held hostage by sellers and resellers and that I'd just have to just accept whatever UL SIB weapon prices they are currently proposing and just have to pay their price. Limited weapons give me the option to play and not have to pay them. I like these options :)

As much as I'd like to save a few ped in operating costs and have all that UL SIB weapon goodness, I don't have to feel like I'm having to over pay for one in order to play. I go look at auction ever day anyway, so, I'll just keep buying the cheapest MU available, and if its too much, fuck it I'll just take some time off, that's all. This also allows me to keep my money earning money outside PE. I don't have to depo a shit load and tie it up in some over priced UL item.

I've had three ubers in the last month using a L weapons that I pay anywhere from 120 to 135% for. Its going to take a while to eat up those "profits" in MU buying L weapons. I know I'll have to eventually pay to play anyway, but I won't have to depo thousands of USD to do it, so whatever :laugh:

Back