PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fifth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    NI hasn't got any updates for ages, but there's as good as no progress with other PP's either.

Ok, there's a problem with non-existent economy, the AU is as good as dead and there's lot of problems with BP's (poorly balanced, problems with availability of ingredients, etc). Result - u have to TT planet-specific/low-MU stuff and export the rest to Caly. Not good, i agree. Then again, isn't it the same on every new planet..?

In fact NI doesn't stand out as considerably worse--and this is a serious problem indeed!

Just go to NI today and look at this "long dead" planet--it still beats every other planet hands down with it's superior 3D design and artwork. A perfect holiday destination, and luckily there's no danger somebody will spoil all this untouched beauty with inadequate updates... like with the most acclaimed Ark where every new mob looks more and more like childish rubber toy
    I've visited NI last month more than once. It's not as dead as it was before, in fact, it's a little bit more alive. There are orders up on auction there, and there's at least 2-3 people at each TP. I think that's an improvement compared to how it was before.

What bothers me the most about NI is that all information lately from an official source is posted on a private facebook page for which only a small number of people have access. I tried the link ( https://www.facebook.com/david.post.585?fref=ts ) but it's still closed to me.

For the rest of us the only grain of information is like "oups someone hijacked my twitter account but now I'm back" (some year ago) - since that nothing.

This far I've been positive about NI, and I like the place and everything... but I definitely don't to be last in line when getting to know information from the last official/representative there is.

I think if he wants to keep the executive role over NI he should start to publish officially what he writes on his facebook page. If he wants to keep his thoughts to himself and his friends, then fine but then hand over the hat to someone who's willing to speak to the customers.
    Last edited by aia; 06-07-2013 at 14:57.

The obvious problem with Next Island was and is the lack of grinding missions. How the NI development team missed such an obvious way to make cash, when they had already done the hard work, is incredible.

On the wider issue that JimmyB brought up, I agree that from some angles the other planets are little more than land areas that take a long time to get to.

A possible problem with the other planets is that MA made us all "ubers" on them from day one. It would've made more sense to somehow cull a combination of our skills, HP and gear on the new planets. This would have made the new planets more of a challenge to existing players, and made new players think they weren't light-years behind the rest of us. Some gear could have been tied to specific planets (permanently or until e.g. Tier 3), some gear could have been made to be, e.g. 2%, more economical on its source planet, the HP of all players could have started from 88 on new planets, skills gained on other planets could have been halved on new planets, new players starting out on new planets could have a small skill bonus for the first three months, etc, etc. And imagine if the combination of the above had been marginally different for each planet...

A lot of us were expecting some kind of skill or gear "nerf" to appear on the new planets, and when this didn't happen I was quite surprised. Although this would have been extremely unpopular at the time, I think it would have made the game more appealing in the long run.

Have fun,

Forrest

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Spike Spike Black
    Society
    Entropia Directory
    Images
    Well they could have started with only low level mobs and bp's for the new players, this would have been boring enough for the older players and allowed new ones to get on with it and gradually catch Caly up.
    "I hope one day I love something the way women in commercials love yogurt" - It's a Gundam
    "You know when you're old. You walk past a night club and no one offers you a flyer" - Greg Davies.
    <raptr sig was here until it started causing security issues in chrome>

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mannanan Mac y Lir
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SpikeBlack View Post
    Well they could have started with only low level mobs and bp's for the new players, this would have been boring enough for the older players and allowed new ones to get on with it and gradually catch Caly up.
    Just a bug free well thought out and planned new user experience would have been a good start for alcon.
    > For Sale: Stuff <

Oni
    Society
    Skillin' Villains
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ForrestPark View Post
    A possible problem with the other planets is that MA made us all "ubers" on them from day one. It would've made more sense to somehow cull a combination of our skills, HP and gear on the new planets.
    I guess the issue with that is that for a newcomer wanting to start out, it would then make sense for anyone 'born' on Calypso to move immediately out to another planet it where they're more equal with everyone else. And lower level stuff also tends to be lower ped cycle stuff, so any existing players who decided to skill up the new professions would suddenly be cycling less PED.

But in principle, some way for new planets to focus initially on lower-level players without excluding or reducing the ped-cycle of existing players would definitely have been ideal. Can't think immediately of any simple solution though.

Stalker
    BB BB Punisher
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ForrestPark View Post
    A possible problem with the other planets is that MA made us all "ubers" on them from day one. It would've made more sense to somehow cull a combination of our skills, HP and gear on the new planets.

Forrest
    Isn't Ancient Greece like this a bit?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    George Ace Skywalker
    Society
    Guess Who
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SpikeBlack View Post
    Which is precisely why they didn't do that. New PP's (rt, ark, ni) were all going after the calypso players rather than making any real effort in attracting and keeping new players.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Gradinaru Starcollector Mihai
    Society
    The Knigths of Entropia
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeSkywalker View Post
    Which is precisely why they didn't do that. New PP's (rt, ark, ni) were all going after the calypso players rather than making any real effort in attracting and keeping new players.
    I have disciples(3) that they are born on RT....but beside me nobody check the New Harlem....some of them I give only free rides so they can go forward(and try to have another mentor...Total was 10 bewbies but others???)....but sometimes is even our fault "We Don't Act Social"....just I want to share how I saw an avatar in New Harlem trying to sell crude oil for 200% MU(40 barrels for hoverboard misson)...We are supposed to help newbies not to rob them from their first day...

Quote Originally Posted by BBpunisher View Post
    Isn't Ancient Greece like this a bit?
    At least right after the "mob rebalance VU" it hit the mobs in AG pretty hard. The Lvalue of some huge cyclopses were reduced by half, and other cyclopses could hit you with 80 dmg hits (which is pretty hard where you only have herb fap and the hoplite has lesser protection than Pixie). I think at least the latter cyclopses are fixed by now so they are somewhat more doable.

Before the mob rebalance, the huge cyclopses had respectable HP (taking about 20 ped to kill/each), but they didn't hit harder than you usually could manage with herb box fap.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast