Society missions and Team missions

We need more team/soc hunts
I miss the old days, with almost daily soc hunts or big team hunts. (Big means just 4+ people for me).
I think it's a very important part of the social life in Entropia, which is important for MA, since it's a big part of what makes many of us stay here for so many years.

Thats what we are working on at Classified and it is also the main reason behind the creation of this society:cool:

Great ideas tho :)

Oh oh... I've got a good one:
Soc benefit could be X% faster regen. I'd like that. :wtg:

I'll add it to the list.

I don't mind the idea of team and soc missions (though it's probably not something I'd be very interested in participating in myself) but I am completely opposed to the idea of giving the type of benefit you suggest to certain societies.

Inevitably the highest skilled and most active socs (i.e. the ones already in the Top 20) would be the ones to reap most of the benefits. That means that someone like me (Level 94 player in a soc that includes all level of players right down to first-week newbies) would be at a major disadvantage compared to people of the same level in the top societies.

I would effectively be forced into leaving my society and joining a "better" one. I would have to leave my friends behind, the new (and future) players in SV would lose the benefit of my experience. For all of us the enjoyment factor in EU would most likely be reduced.

For those who prefer to be Freelancers rather than joining a soc (possibly because of language problems or other social issues) the problem would be even worse, and there could be an argument for calling it unfair discrimination.

In addition to all of that, it would become more difficult for newer players to bridge the gap between themselves and the top players.

It's important to remember that any avatar benefit (whether awarded to a group or an individual) is also an economic benefit in EU, and therefore has an impact on balancing. In this case that impact would be extremely negative on the whole.

It's important to remember that any avatar benefit (whether awarded to a group or an individual) is also an economic benefit in EU, and therefore has an impact on balancing. In this case that impact would be extremely negative on the whole.

I think vedder pretty much covered that by making the rewards not very spectacular?

Inevitably the highest skilled and most active socs (i.e. the ones already in the Top 20) would be the ones to reap most of the benefits. That means that someone like me (Level 94 player in a soc that includes all level of players right down to first-week newbies) would be at a major disadvantage compared to people of the same level in the top societies.

I would effectively be forced into leaving my society and joining a "better" one. I would have to leave my friends behind, the new (and future) players in SV would lose the benefit of my experience.
Yes, that's real a problem.

I did actually put some thought into that. Notice the type and 'size' of the rewards? I tried to make then "nice to have", and not something you must have. Certainly not something affecting your economy or ability to PvP in any serious way.

Your soc would also be able gain a lot of the benefits. Small socs would have disadvantages compared to large or huge socs, and huge socs can't be in top-10, so uber socs would necessarily get the most benefits. It should ofc be balanced as well as possible.

But, it's still a problem, I agree.

EDIT:
I think vedder pretty much covered that by making the rewards not very spectacular?
Oh, didn't see your reply. ;)
Yes, I tried to address it.

Yes, that's real a problem.

I did actually put some thought into that. Notice the type and 'size' of the rewards? I tried to make then "nice to have", and not something you must have. Certainly not something affecting your economy or ability to PvP in any serious way.

Even small gains in running speed, regeneration rate etc would translate into a substantial economic benefit in the long term.

Even small gains in running speed, regeneration rate etc would translate into a substantial economic benefit in the long term.

Hmm more then the reward of a 10k solo mission?

Those missions, and therefore rewards, are equally available to everyone, so the comparison is irrelevant.

So would soc quest be.

Check some of the reward again:

Soc members gains ability to view position of other soc members on the map. Tougher mission adds names too.
Soc members takes % less dmg from falling from heights.
Soc can gain ability to define a 'society base'. Big TP chips allows members to 'TP to base'. Higher missions allows smaller TP chips same feature. Soc members heal faster while in their base?
Soc members gathers up to 5% more sweat

Do you really think those will have a huge impact? And that a 'top' soc will get a huge benefit over a noob soc?

Last edited:
What if, instead of a soc gaining perm/temp perks for completing a soc mission, the soc gained special tokens. Each soc member taking part in the mission would be awarded tokens based on their input and these could either be traded to other players (giving socs a way to benefit even if they cannot complete a mission themselves for whatever reason) or handed over to the soc leader to spend at a vendor. The vendor could sell perks for a certain amount of tokens. The longer you want the perk or the better the perk, the more tokens it will cost you.

So would soc quest be.

They would not, read my first post.

Check some of the reward again:

Soc members gains ability to view position of other soc members on the map. Tougher mission adds names too.
Soc members takes % less dmg from falling from heights.
Soc can gain ability to define a 'society base'. Big TP chips allows members to 'TP to base'. Higher missions allows smaller TP chips same feature. Soc members heal faster while in their base?
Soc members gathers up to 5% more sweat

Do you really think those will have a huge impact? And that a 'top' soc will get a huge benefit over a noob soc?

My point is that any society benefits should be things that don't impact on the overall economy or improve an individual's performance within it. I would be fine with the ones that don't.

What if, instead of a soc gaining perm/temp perks for completing a soc mission, the soc gained special tokens. Each soc member taking part in the mission would be awarded tokens based on their input and these could either be traded to other players (giving socs a way to benefit even if they cannot complete a mission themselves for whatever reason) or handed over to the soc leader to spend at a vendor. The vendor could sell perks for a certain amount of tokens. The longer you want the perk or the better the perk, the more tokens it will cost you.
Yeah, that could work too, but I'd prefer to have personal rewards for team missions, and soc rewards for soc missions.

Initially I like the idea yet what Oleg pointed out, Society Missions shouldn't have any personal gain. There still remains a lot of other rewards ofcourse. Suggestions about improving the Socterminal might be good rewards. When a member does a Society Mission points are awarded for his society. The leader and those 2nd in rang can appoint them.
The Society Missions can be done individual like the "Kill 100 of creature A" but that's not really interesting. I think it's better to be mission where society members work together. Some as simple as "Trade 10 times with society friend" and "Get with five society members together at the same place". Others that need more coordination as "Protect a society friend during his mining run. With these materials another society friend has to craft 10 items." and "Hunt with at least four society members where each uses the same weapon, amplifier, armour, combatfap and enhancers."

Team Missions I have to think about a bit more. Don't like it when you get personal gains though, more if you get something that you can use in a later team.

Ardorj :grouphug:

Added these to the team requirement list, as suggested to me:
- Team agility spread bigger than X points. So we mix up teams with new/old players?
- Team max prof level spread bigger than X levels. So we mix up teams with low/med/uber players?

I like the idea. Though these requirements should only be for a few missions, imo.

Good idea? Bad idea?
Other ideas?

In general i think it is really bad idear forcing the "social "part on people (and no it is not really forced but giving temas skil benefits means if i dont do it i be less efficient then the once who do (skills is peds basicly)

Then the worse part is mixed teaming...really , after many years in game being lvl 64 hit lvl 40 evader you really think i be waiting for a forced team up with a noob??? (again giving % skill gain as reward forces youre hand if you area eco player).

There are many options to team to do special team mobs (shared loot extreme big mobs shared loot).

! of the main reasons i play this is i aint forced to do shit in a team i can do all solo whenever whatever i want (depending on my personal state in game (skillwise gear wise etc). And teaming doesent give a real advantage unles you specificly go in team on a bigger mob (but that option already there).

Same as the shut down tp tread this is a really bad idear , mostly i see as motivation lack of socializing ,lack of excitemend etc...
These are things MA cant fix you cant "force"people to be social players and force crap social activities on them..
WTF its not kinder garden.

As a excample i take my soc, Universal Born Looters:

in age we varie from 18 to mid 50 we on 5 dif timezones, some have jobs families homes (you know social activity, forced teaming(some call it marriage).

They all depot to start playing , they non stop all over the universe doing their thing.

You really think any of them accually waiting on MA to take them by the hand to be fucking social..really it aint world of warcraft.

In general i think it is really bad idear forcing the "social "part on people (and no it is not really forced but giving temas skil benefits means if i dont do it i be less efficient then the once who do (skills is peds basicly)
Geeez, ppl relax. Noone is forcing you.
Following your and Olegs logic, hunting should give HPs and agility, because miners who don't want to hunt would be cheated. Mining should either, because hunters would then be cheated. Nothing should be worth doing really, because it would suck for those who didn't want to do it.

And it's really only small rewards anyway.

Then the worse part is mixed teaming...really , after many years in game being lvl 64 hit lvl 40 evader you really think i be waiting for a forced team up with a noob??? (again giving % skill gain as reward forces youre hand if you area eco player).
You still wouldn't be forced to team up with another noob.
You choose whether you want to or not, to gain the tiny reward.

And Oleg: You don't think it'd actually be cool, to run around doing stuff with your soc mates for tiny rewards?

Geeez, ppl relax. Noone is forcing you.
Following your and Olegs logic, hunting should give HPs and agility, because miners who don't want to hunt would be cheated. Mining should either, because hunters would then be cheated. Nothing should be worth doing really, because it would suck for those who didn't want to do it.

And it's really only small rewards anyway.

You still wouldn't be forced to team up with another noob.
You choose whether you want to or not, to gain the tiny reward.

And Oleg: You don't think it'd actually be cool, to run around doing stuff with your soc mates for tiny rewards?

like oleg stated before even the tiny rewards make exceptional economical diffrences long term.
Its a micro economie , i calculated my weapon eco in 0.001, in such scales of micro currency the tinyest diffrence wil become a hudge one over time. (and with the brings us back to being forced , seeing eco is the main factor and as a eco hunter you cant afforth to not take the benefits if others do)

Back