Question: What if teleports were disabled?

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
Dev team
What if teleports were all disabled for a period of time? To give a sense of hostility to the planet again. To require players to use alternative transport again?

Cheers
Bjorn

the world will be better without any tp :). it could be fun trying it fo1 VU . could be another robot attack event. creating interference on tp. ppl will revisit the whole world and meet the wildlife.

Not that vehicles burn slot of oil , but maybe the market value would go up , and it would be awesome to see fleets of cars , quads , etc flying around everywhere

This is an interesting idea. Leave few tps for newbies, and disable others :) would be really fun to watch running people from one town to other :) like in oldschool pe. those who can afford vehicles would simply fly to other town. Also alot of taxi services would be opened!

I would stop playing, since I don't have the time to spend 30-60 mins just to travel around at the evening after work.

Why do you want to even more limit social interactions (team hunts will be almost impossible, pvp trade will stop to exist, shops will be dead for sure, events on LAs (and LAs themselves too) will die) and make even more dead outposts, cities and forts? This goes against any logic if you ask me.

Sorry bjorn I think its a real bad idea for the one reason that team hunts would nearly be impossible. I am guessing u are suggesting this cause it would make wormhole chips increase in price dramatically. Which I understand your frustration but on the whole it would be so horendous that people would prob quit

Dev team
What if teleports were all disabled for a period of time? To give a sense of hostility to the planet again. To require players to use alternative transport again?

Cheers
Bjorn

It would be a great idea, but we would at the end have less mining and hunting with servers giving error telling us that the area is full due to the fact most would just be standing around doing nothing while thinking of other games as we have with the current issue.

If I were on Calypso, it wouldn't bother me much as I have a TP Chip IV. Just to be sure, let me upgrade to a V first. :)

I like it!
imo we have to much teleporter.

Keep some TP's open (maybe 4-5 Eudoria and same on Amethera)

J

Randomly disable 15% of tps for 5-20 mins, then other 15% and so on :)
Apparently this shouldn't include tps on LAs to not harm the business.

No way, exept the ovius reasons like less hunting /mining and adding a fee to travel (seeing if tp is out i gotta use my tp chip non stop because like many i have better things to do then walking 60 minutes to go hunting (in this time i can decay a full a106 easy also).

Progress in entropia is slow as it is (and i think it should be seeing the kind of game we play), but making us travel hours just to do a activity unles we pay some travel fees (chips vehicles etc) makes no sense what so ever.
I think we can assume that most of the player base are adults (with families jobs etc...).

Not even to mention the ridculess lags and d/c it wil create if everybody flying around in vehicles just to go from tp ..uh former tp to tp. (most d/c and lags are not MA side but pc side (do note i said most not ALL better note this before i get flamed with peoples pc specs).

overal its a very very bad idear and shouldend even be considerd

I suggest some random server shutdowns for a random period of time (yes, we have VU's, but they rare!), so you can sit tight and produce more ideas, which will not include words like "disabled" and such.

I would be fucking furious if I would have to travel from south amethera to north Eudoria where my big bulks are after logging out at PvP4 last evening, but today i want to hunt BB's....

Worst idea... ever... for everyone who actually hunts or does some sort of activity instead of just flying around in the air like a mentally damaged horse

Not to mention how much peoples cycling would go down, because of not being able to or simply not having time to travel across the whole planet.. just to start their hunt....

This would surely be one step in the wrong direction and I hope MA can see that too... Disabling us from actually using teleporters planetside??? Whaaaaaaaaat.... lol... If you want hostality, how about actually going out hunting instead of townhugging :D

With space already being an inhospitable, unpleasant, hassle of an experience. Why would we want to reduce the land to a wasteland of time consuming hassle to movement?

If you get bored with the "ease" of movement on land, try to fly your VTOL to foma..after a few deaths maybe you will have your difficulty fix, and wont need to try to develop ideas that would make life harder on everyone.

Last edited:
I would stop playing, since I don't have the time to spend 30-60 mins just to travel around at the evening after work.

Why do you want to even more limit social interactions (team hunts will be almost impossible, pvp trade will stop to exist, shops will be dead for sure, events on LAs (and LAs themselves too) will die) and make even more dead outposts, cities and forts? This goes against any logic if you ask me.

Its because of that i am not so much in the space because it takes so long time to get to other planets.

Oh the flying from Eudoria to Amethera...

Interesting idea it will greatly decrease my motivation to hunt when the next tp is dead and so it will very likely save me money :yay:

It would probably upset a lot of people, and they would not log in and play.
In the beginning. But after a while they log in, adjust their playing and after
some months they have same level of activity as before. ;)

I would rather see 3-4 new serverclusters with no tp, one city only, pvp and possibilty
to build up estates where players can own outposts by lootable landdeeds.
It could even be so that flying vehicles are forbidden until whole continent is discovered.

I wouldn't mind some Teleporters and Outposts being removed, as I think we have too many in some areas, but to disable all of them even temporarily would just be madness.

Randomly disable 15% of tps for 5-20 mins, then other 15% and so on :)

But I thought we already have this "feature" into the game... usually few days after a big update.

What if teleporters only worked during in-game day time? But still let the main tp's available and some newbie tp's.
Twin peaks, PA, Atlas haven that should be more than enough for social/trading interaction - They can even rebuild Hadesheim and then make that place the only working teleporter during daytime.

This way players will have to start exploring/using their vehicles and use the teleporter back to one of these towns before daytime unless they want to spend hours traveling back (or just log off and come back after daytime) :D

Finally people will have a reason to get a break - we all know we need it sometimes. And it will give incentive to explore during day time while still allowing people to get back to where they want during night time - in case they were too lazy to explore.

I quite like the idea of teleporters getting disabled/broken during robot invasions, according to how well the invasion is being defended, etc. That adds a bit of depth to the invasion and makes it feel like there are consequences, rather than it just being a load of robot spawns dumped somewhere for a while. Robots could even spawn some distance away from the tp (e.g. under a robot spaceship) and march towards the tp.

I don't really see why arbitrarily switching off all the tps does anyone any good though. For regular players it'd just be a nuisance. It'd basically make travelling from one hunting/mining spot to another like travelling from planet to planet in space (ie. get into vtol/quad, point it in the right direction, and go do the hoovering). For newer players who don't have a flying vehicle yet, it'd just be a real pain having to get a lift whenever they want to go somewhere. For all players, it'd reduce ped cycle, and so won't ever happen anyway.

For newer players who don't have a flying vehicle yet, it'd just be a real pain having to get a lift whenever they want to go somewhere.
I remember being a noob in 2005 and having to go everywhere on foot because I had only the PA TP on my Eudoria map. Is it no longer the same for noobs these days?

Second worse idea ever!

The worst idea was someone who suggested it should be possible to have small babies wich then would grew up to be a newbie. Years back.

I remember being a noob in 2005 and having to go everywhere on foot because I had only the PA TP on my Eudoria map. Is it no longer the same for noobs these days?

You don't mention you could gather them if you ran around like a red butted chicken and gathered them. Now you just hop in a vehicle ...pffft...moot point now!

Could be interesting if some were disabled or removed. The main ones stay but then I think would also need to give us the ability to add tp's to places we select provided we fulfill certain criteria e.g. server population/activity indicators.

Back