Symbols on the floor?

Rumsponge

Elite
Ben Rumsponge Rumson
Has anyone figured out what the symbols on the floor are for, yet?

muste be in the new instance

Got a picture or location?

They are on... the... floor... :silly2:

Ok, so yeah they are part of the new cave system. So far, I've run into several interesting things that need to be figured out. I'm not trying to be secretive, it's more like I hate to ruin the surprise for anyone who hasn't had a chance to investigate. If no one has posted anything about them yet, I'll see if I can figure out how to do a video capture or something.

The instance is so dark I can't even see the walls or find the right way. I have to follow some other avatar.

The instance is so dark I can't even see the walls or find the right way. I have to follow some other avatar.

What kind of settings are you playing in? Was nice'n'bright to me? :confused:

I took screenshots of each side of the pillars as i went, thinking there might be some puzzle to solve to get in. Then it turned out that quest provided the clue solver for us in the form of that Dr. on the other end of the line. It's like they had originally intended for us to have to solve cryptic clues, and then vetoed the idea and made us spectators.

So in that tradition i think we should ask Daniel Jackson about the floor patterns...

Pics are easy, create one for your forum ava whilst you're at it. :nana:

LOL

go to graphics settings in game and increase your gamma setting. This will lighten up the room for you a bit.

When in windowed mode, you cannot change gamme, so you'll have to go full screen for that.

I had the same problem with the instance so dark I couldnt see. As stated above adjust gamma settings, I also adjusted brightness and contrast and managed to get a pretty clear view on the caves. I only spent about 30 minutes in the instance and found it quite boring although to be fair I didnt go as deep as I could have and just left after my first death.

i was much keener to get back to my new fave mob - eviscerators (sorry off topic)

:wtg::wtg::wtg::wtg::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Reactions: Mac
Pics are easy, create one for your forum ava whilst you're at it. :nana:

I've got windows 8. All I get when I take a picture is a black screen, even if the client loader is shut down.

I noticed that the symbols light up when you walk over them. There are 5 total. When you get the first 4 lit up and step on the last one, they all turn off and nothing happens. Maybe I need to try different patterns. Problem is, the mobs in the area are a little problematic.

Last edited:
As for the mobs, lure them all into the back room and suicide them there. they stay back there till someone lures them out.

I have tried so far about 87 different combinations of the letters(might be more lost count). I spent 2 hours trying different combinations last night.

So far when I have lite up all 5 an frost explosion happens and i take dmg. dmg seems to varies in different patterns. I have a take 1-40dmg from the explosion. You may not see this explosion on low graphic settings. I am running on very high settings.

I've got windows 8. All I get when I take a picture is a black screen, even if the client loader is shut down.

I noticed that the symbols light up when you walk over them. There are 5 total. When you get the first 4 lit up and step on the last one, they all turn off and nothing happens. Maybe I need to try different patterns. Problem is, the mobs in the area are a little problematic.

To get proper screenshots on Win8 you need to run EU in windows 7 compatibility mode.

- Rightclick the Entropia Universe\bin32\Entropia.exe file and select Properties
- Open the Compatibility tab
- Check Run the program.... blabla something and choose windows 7 from dropdown list

You can also experiment with Disable desktop composition checkbox.

Has anyone figured out what the symbols on the floor are for, yet?

You mean ones in PVP? I tried them on tuesday. They light up when you walk over them and create cold damage in middle of them if lighed all. Could be for killing mobs lured inside.

I have tried so far about 87 different combinations of the letters(might be more lost count). I spent 2 hours trying different combinations last night.

How many different combos are possible if there are 5 of them?

5*4*3*2*1=120

Ah, I was uncertain if that was how you calculated in this instance (yay pun) or not :) guess I got it right then

You should remain secretive about your finds lol ... After all, maybe the first guy to figure it out will get something.

Shame.

I had the same problem. FRAPS does much to solve it.

I wonder if the cold damage is the result of entering an incorrect sequence. It seems like a pretty silly objective. It's not like it's enough to really harm anyone, especially when you compare it to the 700hp dmg from the guy on the bridge.

The symbols are there to make you ponder over while more mobs spawn to cause more decay and more ammo consumption :D

Stepping on the tiles indicated will spawn a named mob. The entrance door also freezes over so you cannot enter or leave. Many more mobs will spawn for about 5 mins a bit like a wave...

Thanks to haylie for healing, una for teaming, and fade and someone else who was in room a think for helping with wave...

Thanks, George.

I haven't had a chance to go back and experiment. Does it loot Mod Mercs or anything? :)

Thanks, George.

I haven't had a chance to go back and experiment. Does it loot Mod Mercs or anything? :)

Didn't loot much for me. Maybe I wasn't doing it right, maybe each tile has to be manned by someone when wave commences? who knows ....

Oh note the area is pvp, so be careful I shot fellow soc mate without realising. Usually I'm terrible at pvp the one time I don't want to shoot anyone I hit :)

edit: can someone scan that mob it spawns and description please. I forget the name faceless was mentioned in chat message ... so something faceless

Last edited:
Didn't loot much for me. Maybe I wasn't doing it right, maybe each tile has to be manned by someone when wave commences? who knows ....

Oh note the area is pvp, so be careful I shot fellow soc mate without realising. Usually I'm terrible at pvp the one time I don't want to shoot anyone I hit :)

edit: can someone scan that mob it spawns and description please. I forget the name faceless was mentioned in chat message ... so something faceless

Ah, this one from the preview pics.

Yeah, I've killed that Deathbringer guy a couple times and he loots ok, but it's just the standard stuff. Guess it's like anything else, kill it enough times and it'll eventually loot something good. (I hope).

Can anyone please try to get the name of him?

It would be fun to try to solve the alphabet they're using.

(I tried to upload an image with the stone near the tree and some mission text but unfortunately internet explorer currently doesn't like the download page.)

I've tried to make some sense out of it, but with the text I have and the stone, the words "KEY" and "HOPE" doesn't exactly match or something with the words around.

It looks like runes but it doesn't match completely either. For instance there is one odd rune that appears in beginning and end of the word that means "17". Another thing is the word looking FFN on the second line, then gussing N means "K" and the "F" means "V" you get something like "FFN". Well this is just some random thoughts.
The other thing is that it's possibly supposed to be read backwords, from right to left (as this is the way the text appears on the "globe").

If you can catch the words in the mission dialogs it would be great. I was afraid I would be hammered with mobs and I was kind of tired so I just red through the text and clicked "continue","continue","continue" (dieing in there sucks as you get sent back to before the pyromancer).

As for the word "chalte" it seems like it means "go" in hindi (or some other language there).

Last edited:
Can anyone please try to get the name of him?

It would be fun to try to solve the alphabet they're using.

It looks like runes but it doesn't match completely either. For instance there is one odd rune that appears in beginning and end of the word that means "17". Another thing is the word looking FFN on the second line, then gussing N means "K" and the "F" means "V" you get something like "FFN". Well this is just some random thoughts.
The other thing is that it's possibly supposed to be read backwords, from right to left (as this is the way the text appears on the "globe").

Thoris' doormats mean yew, lake, chalice, bow and sedge. I'm sure.

Back