Question: No more mining globals ?

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
I can not remember when I have seen a mining global in the chat window. Maybe they are on other plants as I am on Caly all the time. The only thing I see is HOFs and a lot of those are very small. It must be a bit disappointing to see the big swirls and look at a 53 pedder.

I can not remember when I have seen a mining global in the chat window. Maybe they are on other plants as I am on Caly all the time. The only thing I see is HOFs and a lot of those are very small. It must be a bit disappointing to see the big swirls and look at a 53 pedder.

There was a ATH yesterday and 20k and day before that a few 10k all by nubs, so they have probably withdrawn so now MA are like OMG OMG we just lost loads of ped what should we do?

Oh yeah, fuck miners that grind over more.

:dunce:

175k ped ath. Hmm yep they definitely put the mining loot system back to the way it was. Great job! Now gamblers can have hope that one day in a galaxy far far away they can hit the jackpot. While 90% of the other players will be screwed. :rolleyes:

175k ped ath. Hmm yep they definitely put the mining loot system back to the way it was. Great job! Now gamblers can have hope that one day in a galaxy far far away they can hit the jackpot. While 90% of the other players will be screwed. :rolleyes:
Yah, they really did!!! (irony)
To hell they didn't, a few big hits don't mean it's like before, especially when a global planetside mining with d-class/lvl8 all the time is a rare find.

From what I'm experiencing, a higher hit rate of claims but overall size has dropped 1-2 sizes.

The globals are there. I get one every about 2500 drops unamped (more sometimes). (tracked via LBML)

By the way, it has been 2 days (or 3?) and nobody's talking about the new finders. Has anybody tried them? or even noticed that they added new finders?... Ziplex A10... uses 1.5 ped for ore.. i am curious of how that might work.

Maybe enable global chat :wise:

The globals are there. I get one every about 2500 drops unamped (more sometimes). (tracked via LBML)

By the way, it has been 2 days (or 3?) and nobody's talking about the new finders. Has anybody tried them? or even noticed that they added new finders?... Ziplex A10... uses 1.5 ped for ore.. i am curious of how that might work.

just read the description - does it have a range slider? low range, high finds (low find rate) vs high range / low finds (high find rate)?

For someone who posts a lot, you don't seem to read much.

The mining system was changed 6 months ago, and there have been many threads discussing it.

For someone who posts a lot, you don't seem to read much.

The mining system was changed 6 months ago, and there have been many threads discussing it.

For someone who reads a lot you don't notice much. I did a thread myself asking about the change quite sometime ago after reading several of the posts you are referring to. Now after some time and seeing the small HOFs I didn't think the change would stop all the larger loots on Caly altogether but I guess it did. In my thread some said that all the big loots are on FOMA using big AMPs. I am not a miner so no big deal but I think its too bad that if you don't travel you don't have much of a chance of a big HOF.

Read the thread, went to EL:

Wolf Curd FleischerCaldorite Stone80 PEDF.O.M.A. - FORTUNA22:40
jorgel jorgel kentNarcanisum Stone55 PEDF.O.M.A Main Arena22:39
Wolf Curd FleischerIron Stone75 PEDF.O.M.A. - FORTUNA22:36
Sisi Pisi MiliMelchi Water69 PEDF.O.M.A Main Arena22:36
jorgel jorgel kentPetonium Stone55 PEDF.O.M.A Main Arena22:35
jorgel jorgel kentIron Stone52 PEDF.O.M.A Main Arena22:35
Sisi Pisi MiliIron Stone78 PEDF.O.M.A Main Arena22:35
trophy.png
Hugh Hugh WilloseLysterium Stone418 PEDF.O.M.A. - FORTUNA22:34
Wolf Curd FleischerMelchi Water66 PEDF.O.M.A. - FORTUNA22:34
trophy.png
Peter Proconten MillerCrude Oil375 PEDF.O.M.A Main Arena22:33
Sisi Pisi MiliIgnisium Stone63 PEDF.O.M.A Main Arena22:33
trophy.png
Peter Proconten MillerCrude Oil138 PEDF.O.M.A Main Arena22:33
trophy.png
Peter Proconten MillerSweetStuff344 PEDF.O.M.A Main Arena22:30
Sisi Pisi MiliIron Stone67 PEDF.O.M.A Main Arena22:29
Shaman 4400 SalvationIgnisium Stone53 PEDF.O.M.A Main Arena22:29
trophy.png
Skoker Shoe SverpanCaldorite Stone397 PEDF.O.M.A. - FORTUNA22:25
Ashen Enkidu NoeinValurite Stone54 PEDNA22:22
Ashen Enkidu NoeinCopper Stone56 PEDNA22:22
Inthis Strash lifeDurulium Stone56 PEDHELL22:21
trophy.png
Skoker Shoe SverpanBlausariam Stone379 PEDF.O.M.A. - FORTUNA22:21
trophy.png
Skoker Shoe SverpanIron Stone392 PEDF.O.M.A. - FORTUNA22:19
trophy.png
DWD zEdisss DonKaponeGazzurdite Stone119 PEDF.O.M.A. - FORTUNA22:16
Valar Guziec JareckiCumbriz Stone85 PEDF.O.M.A. - FORTUNA22:15
Ashen Enkidu NoeinCopper Stone57 PEDNA22:13
Inthis Strash lifeBelkar Stone53 PEDHELL22:08

No Globals? Saw them all day, and after not being here for a few hours and noticing the thread i got worried as I am about to go on a mining run... Seems to be globals all the time tho?

Am I seeing things or are you not? :S

Since the re-vamp of the mining system this is how it has looked for a good time back... So I ask again, what's different now compared to yesterday, last week, or last month that caused this thread?

Hofs work like this btw:

100 top finds in the last 24 hours.. Once a hof as been on the table for 24 hours, it falls out from the hof section and only 99 spots are there... If the next find after that 24 hour old hof that just dropped out is just 50 peds, it will register as a hof as the system sees it as a top loot the last 24 hours.. since 1 spot was missing there ..

Happens to hunting daily as well, however this "small" hof of 50 peds does just last in the list until the next hof, 51 peds, pushes it out.. and then perhaps a 400 ped actual hof comes in and the other (now #99) hof pushes down 1 spot, which results in pushing out the newly aquired 50 ped hof

If your reply to this post will be:

Those are 95% from FOMA or HELL

I remind you this:

Just pay more attention and you will see them, trust me... They are there, several has come across as I have been writing this post

Last edited:
{removed}

Just like I said you {removed} I am on CALY not FOMA and I see HOFs on CALY. I am going to check global chat as one poster reminded, on second thought I don't give a crap {removed}!

Last edited by a moderator:

Its there someone who can shoot some info for this finders .:scratch2::scratch2:

I can't see how this was removed but here I go again.

IF someone replies to my post that I am a fucking idiot and then claims "I am on calypso and the globals are on fome you idiot"

You remove my link to a screen shot that shows that we can see foma globals on calypso?

It was a reply to someone who said 1+1= 3 and I just showed him that 1+1= 2...

Come on mods.

I didn't lash out, I just gave him a picture to show him that probably something with his Entropia is WRONG or he got a wrong setting, the fact that he lashes out to me as well is just another sugar coating.

I'm not gonna sit back and let you remove my proof, making me look like another douche who didn't even read the OP which I in fact did.

FYI - the "old mining" is not back.
A few big HoF's means nothing.

Exactly, if the old system ever comes back, we will without a doubt see it. When MA changed their system they didn't deny us the right and the possibility to hit an ATH as we have seen in the past six or so months, they merely messed around with hitrate, claim sizes which affected our returns as it did.

Atm I am in the process of testing something, since I am really interested in what % return HELL gives long term, I have decided to drop 100 000 unamped bombs in HELL and see what happens by the end of my test. I will finish the test no matter the returns, no matter the loss/proffit. So far I can say that in the past 4000 drops, I only had one global, a measly 60 PED Narc. I don't know about others but back in the old system, this wasn't possible or worst case scenario, maybe 1 avatar in 500 could achieve dropping 4k unamped drops without a global in HELL. Obviously, in the new system, it's quite possible heh.

I am still not quite certain whether I like the new system or not. I love mining above all else but I really do miss the thrill. Then again, HoFs might be rare but they do happen so I guess thrill is still there... to some extent :scratch2:

FYI - the "old mining" is not back.
A few big HoF's means nothing.

It's not the old mining, but it's a little more volatile system, you got to admit that. (or it might be personal volatility, but I like the current system) It has the pros of the both systems.

There seem to be mixed feeling about the new and the old way. According to MA this game is not gambling because of the factors like skills, mobs and other factors that contribute to the overall chance getting loot. I think that is probably true, I guess. Having said that I am still not sure which I like better. I know that before the change, actually a long time before, I hit an un-amped 2K claim and I am not sure that will happen again.

There seem to be mixed feeling about the new and the old way. According to MA this game is not gambling because of the factors like skills, mobs and other factors that contribute to the overall chance getting loot. I think that is probably true, I guess. Having said that I am still not sure which I like better. I know that before the change, actually a long time before, I hit an un-amped 2K claim and I am not sure that will happen again.

I disagree.

As did they not have to prove it was not gambling, and it took a while so if it took a while it was hard to prove.

What makes it not gambling is MU and the ability to change your odds. It's more like poker, some do not see this as gambling as the good players can constantly place in the prize, where as slots, you can not use any skill to change your odds, unless you work out the pay out code, but thats cheating.

I would not say Skills, mobs have any factor in this (my opinion)

The mining system seems to have changed again, I have yet to try it out, but I hear its better than the boring 90% returns.

So time will tell.

I disagree.

As did they not have to prove it was not gambling, and it took a while so if it took a while it was hard to prove.

What makes it not gambling is MU and the ability to change your odds. It's more like poker, some do not see this as gambling as the good players can constantly place in the prize, where as slots, you can not use any skill to change your odds, unless you work out the pay out code, but thats cheating.

I would not say Skills, mobs have any factor in this (my opinion)

The mining system seems to have changed again, I have yet to try it out, but I hear its better than the boring 90% returns.

So time will tell.

If you would say that skills and mobs have no factor then it would follow that a puny mob has the same chance to hit a 130K ATH as a Daspletor (As Lizzy and Looser did) and that the skills and weapons would not be factor in killing either.

If you would say that skills and mobs have no factor then it would follow that a puny mob has the same chance to hit a 130K ATH as a Daspletor (As Lizzy and Looser did) and that the skills and weapons would not be factor in killing either.

That was only a 103k dasp.

Just a correction

*Sigh*

Not this again... I better go relax and have a beverage.

images

If this was the case people surely would have a reason to level up....

Of course skill matters, of course the mob matters, of course the size of the mob matters :)

If this was the case people surely would have a reason to level up....

Of course skill matters, of course the mob matters, of course the size of the mob matters :)

I think that is what I said.

Back