Info: Modified Armor Plating 5b - Decay tests

danimal01

Elite
Society
AoE - Agents of Entropy
Daniel Danimal Diep
I have now had enough time to test these plates. It would seem that anytime the plates absorb a c/s/i attack it decays accordingly (as it should), when it doesn't take a hit i.e. (0.0 damage) it decays at the minimum something like 0.01 PEDs.

I tested this by wearing the plates on a mob that is known to not deal c/s/i damage i.e. (Mind Reavers) I wore a dummy armor i.e. (Thorfoid Cap + Mod Plate) and tested until I received hits. Once I received a hit I immediatley checked to see if I had gotten hit in the head and kept repeating this process until I was sure that (0.0 damage) decays minimally.

I'm by all means no expert at decay testing; however, I can clearly see the TT value of the item decreasing each time I receive a 0.0 damage block. Hope this information helps everybody out and good luck in your future endeavors.

~Danimal

Thanks for testing and reporting.

The minimum decay of Mod 5B is 0.41 pecs (total protection/100), so you should only see the pecs digit change about every other blocked hit. It may be it's more than minimum, but obviously if it was decaying for the full damage blocked it would be much higher decay, so this is good news.

Thanks for testing and reporting.

The minimum decay of Mod 5B is 0.41 pecs (total protection/100), so you should only see the pecs digit change about every other blocked hit. It may be it's more than minimum, but obviously if it was decaying for the full damage blocked it would be much higher decay, so this is good news.

Indeed, this is good news :)

~Danimal

Back