How to get to Thule?

Maylilyx

I left my newbie vehicle in Thule. I'm already in the Main Calypso world though. How do I get back?

I left my newbie vehicle in Thule. I'm already in the Main Calypso world though. How do I get back?

I don't think you can once you leave Thule... Try to compat your inventory and see if it is in there somewhere. If it is not then try contacting support and see if they can move it to your inventory.

~Danimal

Teleport to Port Atlantis Marina and use this televator:

gateway.jpg

Once there, you'll have to run a bit, because the nearest storage is in Camp Amundsen.

I am not sure when (most likely recently), the two teleporters had their locations switched. The entrance to Thule is out on the docks.

I am not sure when (most likely recently), the two teleporters had their locations switched. The entrance to Thule is out on the docks.

Yes, happened in last VU.

Yes, happened in last VU.

Some MA's decisions are really weird. TP on a pier was something unique, and now we have 2 usual tps close to each other. Also it was convenient to land on the pier (since vehicles aren't allowed further into the city) upon arriving to Caly and jump into tp right away. Now they force us to walk the whole 50 meters after a tiresome flight :mad::silly2:

Damn, fear I won't recognize my planet after coming home (currently on Ark for over a month).

made the mistake to click the wrong one already two times;)

Some MA's decisions are really weird.

On the other hand, now there is at least one TP you can use a TP chip to get to.

(The other TP you can't use TP chip to as it's on a ledge.)

I think the best solution, for thule, would be to integrate the start TP there with the normal teleport map, like The Thing area on Rocktropia is integrated to RT teleport map. Then you wouldn't have the need for a special TP, and you wouldn't need a special "one-click no questions asked" TP that gives people headache.

As for the TP on pier (and ledge) a solution would be, if you have good enough skills on your TP chip and you click on the blue dot (or the name of the TP in the list), you technically will arrive through the TP rather than in a radius of say 7m from the center of the TP. This would solve the problems with using TP chip to arrive at TPs on ledges, piers, plateaus, platforms, inside buildings etc.

The other problem (vehicles forgotten at Thule) could be solved by another feature: Let's call it "storage zone". A "storage zone" is a collection consisting of main planet(s), sub-planet areas (like, Hell and Arctic for RT and Calypso and Thule for Caltypso), and where it seems appropriate "dungeons" (for instance the merry mayhem one where a hunter might want to offload loots into storage rather than TTing it to keep weight down) - and where the areas share auctioneers and storage. That is, storage on Thule and storage on Calypso would be connected (but not storage on Calypso and storage on Arkadia because they're different "storage zones").

Advantage would be that if someone forgets a vehicle in thule, it could be picked up in storage on Calypso, and instances like merry mayhem could have auctioneer (to supply (L) weapons for instance). All areas belonging to a main planet wouldn't have to be in same storage zone; if it's best that Crystal Palace and old CND are separate storage zones then it would also be possible (but aurli cave could have a storage connected to main CP storage if needed). Also this would solve a problem where someone loses a vehicle in an area without storage (for instance the week where the first version of "gateway" was open to everyone).

For areas like Hell and Arctic on RT it's a bit pointless it has a separate auction because it's (at least currently) free to travel between anyway.

Another thing that would be useful on Thule would be a clearly visible storage terminal in the beginning of the course, as I guess a few beginners doesn't see their newly spawned vehicle, they log out but stay logged out long enough for their vehicle to autorecall and then there is no clear info what to do to retrieve it.

Something that I thinik would be handy on space stations, remote outposts and possibly on motherships and privateers would be an "auction terminal". That is a terminal where you can access auction for browsing, but where you can't sell or bid on stuff, with the possible exception of bidding on items sold in "global auction".

Last edited:
Back