Info: Quadwings, Auctions and Blueprints

yoemeuunito

Society
The Screaming Eagles
Admiral Malik Connery
Okay, be gentle with me guys, I haven't been in EU very long and I'm not familiar with every acronym. I'm really interested in getting a quadwing, perhaps not straight away buy it looks to be the best option for space travel (at least to my current knowledge, perhaps there's something more suitable but i dunno) Anyway, the best place to buy would be an auction, but they aren't always on offer. I tried searching for info on a blueprint for a quadwing, but I couldn't find anything substantial. I know I'm a noob and I'm sorry if this is a giant time waster, but is there a blueprint for building a quadwing or should I just wait until one comes available on auction?

I'm on calypso by the way, as you could probably guess. Anyway help would be appreciated. Thanks.

always ppl selling quads at icarus. try twin peaks too

Unless you're a skilled crafter, you won't build a quad (or anything else useful except for basic components) yourself, takes many tries to craft every part, many blueprints and skills. You'll end up spending dozens times more than just buying one and most likely still won't have it.

And on auction there are 6 quads right now, 5 of which are within a reasonable markup.

Welcome to the game :)

Here is the Entropedia link for the bp you are looking for.

As you can see it is a limited level V blueprint.

Limited blueprints have only a limited number of attempts, afterwards they become useless.

Level V for this blueprint means that you should have at least level 10 in the vehicle engineer profession to use it. - Since you you just started out, you probably are not close to that.

So if you really want to try to craft it yourself, you have to buy one or more of those limited bps, buy enough materials (each click uses up 1 Gold Ingot, 2 Light Liquid, 1 Simple II Plastic Ruds, 5 Rubber Lists, and 2 Chair Frames = roughly 9 peds) and hope to get a successful attempt. However, if your skills are too low, chances of success are slim.

On top of that, even a successful attempt will not automatically give you a full tt 42 ped Quad; more likely you get a vehicle with a low tt unless you use residue.

To sum it up: I think buying a Quad is a better option right now.

Btw: You can advertise in trade channel that you are interested in buying a Quad. Maybe that speeds things up for you.

Back