• Yes

Votes: 11 7.6%
  • No

Votes: 134 92.4%

• Total voters

Arch

Old Alpha
Drake Bad Lands
Nothing changes but maybe it costs $20 USD a month to participate and in return you get 200 ped. What do you think?

When every company out there is changing their business modell from monthly subscription to Free to play, it wouldn't do any good :)

Had some idea myself some years ago, made a similar thread and got some nice answers supporting the "no" and got me convinced forever. I really hate myself the subscription model, despite having deposited way more than the equivalent of a monthly subscription in any MMO out there.

Just a bad bad idea. Check earlier threads on this topic for more comprehensive discussion.

It's good in the way its right now no need montly subscription is very bad idea players leave 1 to 5 month and the come back and depo over 500 dollars one depo .
Now if is month subscription when the take a 3 or 4 month break and come start with puny avatar only need opalo for that and its like 20 dollars
With this been saying if game become a month subscription game I well quit and move on
Bcuz its shit it idea all :laugh:sweaters well quit too Bcuz. what is the point pay to sweat are you kidding ..with this monthly subscription

BIG NO THIS is BS IDEA

Game is almost good us its only need to fix the lags :0

I have better idea.
Nothing changes but it costs $21 USD a month to participate and in return you get 2100 ped. What do you think?
See what I did there? I improved the game with 5%.

Nothing changes but maybe it costs $20 USD a month to participate and in return you get 200 ped. What do you think?

As long as with that they give proper 24hr support, fix bugs quickly, respond to players concerns and not shrug their shoulders and say it's not their problem if their systems go down costing people ped. Allow quicker updates for pp's for them to fix bugs and not force them to wait for the next PP update by giving them real support for their planet.

As long as with that they give proper 24hr support, fix bugs quickly, respond to players concerns and not shrug their shoulders and say it's not their problem if their systems go down costing people ped.

yeah good point. if you actually have to pay to play you might expect much more tech issues to be dealt with properly.

Imagine the terror at the start of Project Entropia and the firey speeches at the board meetings.

• How will this "Free to play" thing turn out?
  • If the players feel there is a vague chance that they could get rich without depositing, why on earth (Calypso), would they ever deposit?
  • And what happens if everyone at some point decide to withdraw all their assets?

I am shure it really took some balls to convince the investors.
And even larger balls to actually invest in a Free to play game like this.

Now, should our balls be smaller by escaping to the bland safety of a subscription fee based game?
I say NO, EU is a game for gamers with hairier balls than most other gamers.

I really like EU because it's open for all.
Some have nothing to pay with, it's not their fault.
It could be age, bad luck, unemployment, students or whatever.

If the conomy of MA or the planet partners are turning sour, with RED colors in their balance-sheets, I still don't think subscription would be the way out.

Bad idea.

Paying a mandatory fee into the system is not what this game is about. This game is about electing to pay whatever you want, and working to make that fee disappear.

A subscription fee causes players to leave games and find others when they grow bored and/or frustrated. A free game leaves the door open. This game is very frustrating, and can be quite boring while you grind. Alienating potentially returning customers with barriers would kill the product.

What about an optional $50 a month fee that would increase loot by 5%-10%?

EU from a side is Free to play ...from another side is Pay to Win (Deposit and try to win a Global/HoF/ATH)...If they ask us to pay each month we will SEE more and more players leaving the game...

EU has to compete with alot of MMO's Free to play....and they are many and many will launch...

Edit: P.S. Can you imagine a sweater paying the month fee so he can go sweating?

Terrible idea, which to me says you don't understand the essence of EU.

Also, I don't think I am the only one who chose this game out of all the others for the fact their is no subscription. If I don't want to play, I don't pay.

Well, why should I deposit more dollars if I already have the amount that I need.

^ This

The reason I'm here is because it's a non-subscription game. And it's the reason I'm still here. If I take some time off or don't play much one month, it doesn't cost me a thing, especially considering that I continue making PED without having to put more in...

Terrible idea, which to me says you don't understand the essence of EU.

Also, I don't think I am the only one who chose this game out of all the others for the fact their is no subscription. If I don't want to play, I don't pay.

If you notice, I don't say anywhere that it SHOULD be subscription based. Rest assured though, I do not understand the essence of EU.

Hell no, if I had to worry about losing my account (from not paying subscriptions) every time I went to jail, or the hospital, or had a natural disaster, or rl issue that stoped me from playing or paying for some time....shit id never depo into this game.

there are thousands of reasons why subscription based games suck, add in RCE and I cant find 1 reason sub would be good.

It would be like paying your spouse for sex. Even at 5$/month would divorce... err... withdraw immediately, because it smells.

Noone would play if you couldn't gamble and withdrawal.
The game would die faster than it already is.

The game would die faster than it already is.

I actually have seen more players now than in 2011.

Have you been to Camp Icarus lately? What makes you say the game is dying? I think the opposite...

I actually have seen more players now than in 2011.

Have you been to Camp Icarus lately? What makes you say the game is dying? I think the opposite...

Financial reports are a better indicator of health, than what you or I "think".

Financial reports are a better indicator of health, than what you or I "think".

Ah, you mean financially. Sorry, I was assuming you meant dying in regards to the player numbers or the player base.

I would have to agree with you in regards to the financial decline MA is having.

-MsP :girl:

While I don't think the game is dying (MA's running out of money indeed but they surely will think up something as they always do), you can't really use Icarus as a measurement of players activity - most of these green dots never log back after few hours. Spending there plenty of time, I'd estimate the retention at 20% for the first couple of days, 5% for the first week.

I played Lineage 2.
It was subscription based and was a game, maybe The game at least for few yerars.
I stopped once they changed from subsription to free to play.
Now is not a game but gambling/wallet thingie.
They sell things in shop for real money.
Items, gear, enhancers, skill boosters.. that give you advantage in pking, hunting ..- you just need to have more money than others and you are winner.
You can buy for example shirt and then enhancers to tier it up to 10 - ofc you can loose several ten tousands usd on enchanting process wich is not guaranted but ppl do it.
They lost some plyers because is old game but they lost even more because of new free to play system.
With subscription all you did in game was free and 24/7, now with free to play you must pay basicaly for any action or item, potions, scrols... you use or resource you need.
So same as here more or less.
As a gamer i vote for subsciption- playing wud cost me several tousands times less but..
Probelem is that not players but majority of - gamblers, traders/reselers/investors and all other takeouters wud be badly pissed.

One way is to make it optional.

One free, like today.

And Another, where you pay say 200 ped/month, you get say 150 (or even 200 ped) ingame, and you get some extra nice features which are "neat", but (to keep criticism down from some oldtimers) nothing like half auction fee. Maybe things like ability to create (personal) named locations on map, more map zoomlevels (for instance ability to zoom in more), access to a special area which looks cool but doesn't have any superunique mobs.

Hard to believe we are going through this again.

If you want to play EU as a subscription game then go right ahead. Deposit 20 dollars each and every month. Or 10, or 100, or 3000. Then you get ur x ped to do with as you wish.

But don't limit my options to deposit whatever I like, whenever I like or nothing at all if that's what I want right now.

There's nothing to be fixed and everything to be fucked up. Leave it alone please.

In theory there could be features that are based on subscription.

These features could be anything from more developed and advanced options
to excisting features, up to totaly new features.

One new feature could be a racingsystem for vehicles that is based on the
instance system. To enter and race in instance you need to pay
a monthly fee, but to trade and create parts, vehicles and accessories you have access
to it as any other item in EU, in any area in EU.

Another alternative could be a pvp combat school, where you pay monthly fee
to enter a pvp instance and can use all equipment as much as you want without
extra cost. EUs own lasergame in a way... ;)
As with everything, when we get something for free or much cheaper, we have
to lose something else, so no ordinary skillgains here.
What you do get is RL skill to fight in pvp in EU.

If any of these or other ideas work in reality, that I'm not sure of.

Best would be to make it free, but that those who have say 50k TT in their ava or in items worth should pay.

Yes there will be many alts, but this will also force ppl to buy CLDs :D:rolleyes:

Subscription should be an option with some reward, like no fees...
Poll should include that..

Hard to believe we are going through this again.

If you want to play EU as a subscription game then go right ahead. Deposit 20 dollars each and every month. Or 10, or 100, or 3000. Then you get ur x ped to do with as you wish.

But don't limit my options to deposit whatever I like, whenever I like or nothing at all if that's what I want right now.

There's nothing to be fixed and everything to be fucked up. Leave it alone please.
big :thumbup:

Back