New Miner vs New Mining System

Dirty

Mature
Society
Calipso Killers
Dirty Sanchez Jr
Hello PCF Miners,

I have read many posts on the forums regarding the new mining system and the associated losses people have been experiencing. There is a great deal of complaining and speculation about this revamped loot system which purportedly has reduced the high level claims, globals, and HoFs. The new system is said by most to be more balanced in loot distribution with less volatility in losses and profits.

I am brand new to Planet Calypso and have recently spent many hours researching mining techniques and experiences from fellow miners in the Entropia Universe with the goal of becoming a productive and sustainable player in the game without constantly depositing my hard earned real money into this virtual world.

This thread has been created to post my detailed mining logs for you all to track my performance, give suggestions to improve my productivity, and as a source of information for other players who are considering trying out some mining on a relatively small budget.

Project Details
Finder: F-101 = 2 ped
Extractor: Earth Excavator ME/01 = 2.40 ped
Runs: 100 Ore drops = 100 ped
Notes: No amplifiers or enhancers will be used, I will be mining exclusively on Calypso, I have zero mining skills.

I look forward to your responses and knowledgeable advice on this topic. Hopefully together we can develop a good mining system for newcomers through my experiences and maybe hit some towers in the process!

Cheers

P.S...First run will be tonight!

luck to ya! subscribing

good luck !

Good luck mate. :)

Good Luck

looking forward to seeing your progress.

To tell you the truth, I don't profit unless I hof really big to kinda replace all my lost peds and money spent on finders and repairs ect....I DO NOT profit on just getting 50 to 85% returns..I can get some of my peds back if I chip out skills and sell them of course...Mining doesn't work to profit unless you have an UL amp or maybe a very uber ATH..Skills do help some but, also it takes forever to get skilled without chipping in..Well that's it in a nutshell..good luck

The "new" mining loot system you're referring to is already the "old" system, since about a month ago. Claim sizes are again variable like they were in the past. The overall TT return is about the same as it's ever been, especially now that the migration is winding down.

Thanks for the luck and opinions thus far everyone!

I'm about to get this first run started and will post my results later tonight.

Cheers

Gl Dirty. You sound like en empirical minded player. I am sure you will end up profiting. And when you do, don't forget to tell us how to do it :cool:

Run 1 Results

The run started out really well with excellent hit rates but tapered off near the end. I felt the area I was mining in dried up after about 70 drops and so tried some far out places to the south without any success and eventually went back to my original area where I hit on the final two drops. Overall a decent run with ample skill gains.

Run Summary
100 Ore Drops =100 ped
Hit Rate: 24/100

Ore.... TT MU Total
Blaus.. 30.84 106 32.69
Gazz.. 20.00 120 24.00
Cumb. 15.45 107 16.53
Lyst... 11.29 114 12.87
Cald... 5.78 113 6.53
Belk ... 2.82 108 3.05
Zinc.... 1.00 1.11 1.11
87.18 w/MU 97.05

Expenses
Decay: Finder F101 -0.98, ME/01 Excavator - 0.56
Oil -0.75
Total Expenses -2.29
Projected Return = 94.76 (-5.24)

Hello Miners,

So I'm planning another mining run tonight with the same equipment and another 100 ore drops but I'm not sure where to go on Caly for some nice MU. I have looked at some mining maps and the littlebigmining site but would like some suggestions from the community.

I'm not asking for your private mining hideout locations, just some general direction where to head. I tried some drops around Shinook and Rei's Defense last night without any luck. Thanks in advance for the advice and tips!

Cheers

The run started out really well with excellent hit rates but tapered off near the end. I felt the area I was mining in dried up after about 70 drops and so tried some far out places to the south without any success and eventually went back to my original area where I hit on the final two drops. Overall a decent run with ample skill gains.

Run Summary
100 Ore Drops =100 ped

Ore.... TT MU Total
Blaus.. 30.84 106 32.69
Gazz.. 20.00 120 24.00
Cumb. 15.45 107 16.53
Lyst... 11.29 114 12.87
Cald... 5.78 113 6.53
Belk ... 2.82 108 3.05
Zinc.... 1.00 1.11 1.11
87.18 w/MU 97.05

Expenses
Decay: Finder F101 -0.98, ME/01 Excavator - 0.56
Oil -0.75
Total Expenses -2.29
Projected Return = 94.76 (-5.24)
Your return is perfectly fine. It can drop to 70% sometimes but in the long run you will hit 85 - 90% and that will be with a help of couple swirels ofc. keep track of your return and more importantly what ores u get and which place. Only if u had 30 ped more gazz instead of blaus u would have been in profits already ;). Good luck !

gonna suggest at your level to stay on eudoria,even if there are alot of annoying mobs

gonna suggest at your level to stay on eudoria,even if there are alot of annoying mobs

Alright sounds good, thanks Robin!

I'm thinking of getting into mining too. I'm an old player that never got past level 1 hunting, and now that I'm back I'm thinking of giving mining a try.

I need to find a good guide on it tho. :D

Subscribing!

The "new" mining loot system you're referring to is already the "old" system, since about a month ago. Claim sizes are again variable like they were in the past. The overall TT return is about the same as it's ever been, especially now that the migration is winding down.

That is incorrect. The old mining system had bombs and probes with two different sets of tools for each profession (prospecting/surveying) and you weren't jitted when it came time for extraction.

~Danimal

Hey Miners,

I've got 3 more runs completed and will post my results tonight.

Hit my first Global yesterday with a 51ped Lysterium deposit which was awesome!

Cheers

Run 2

Hey Miners,

Here are my results from run # 2. Not the greatest returns but again, excellent skill gains and I ranked up level 1 miner! I'm not including markups going forward as I'm sure you all know the average market values.

100 Ore Drops = 100 ped
Finder: F-101
Excavator : ME/01

Hit Rate: 28/100

Deposits
Blaus x 6
Cumb x 4
Gazz x 1
Zinc x 1
Lyst x 6
Iron x 4
Megan x 1
Narc x 3
Cald x 1
Belk x 1

Total TT Value = 80.48
Including weighted average markup = 90.94

Expenses
Fuel = (1.5)
Finder decay = (0.99)
Excav decay = (0.52)
Total expenses = (3.01)

Projected return: 87.93 (-12.07)

Cheers

Hello there.

I too am a new player and inexperienced miner that has just been starting out.

Comparing your experience to my own i can point out that the hit rate/average return is very similar, i too am hitting an average of 90%, and i too am only mining ores.

However, i am able to profit, 105-115% in all of my runs, and that's mostly because i'm mining ores that have a much higher markup than yours, and that's only possible in arkadia.

So, take this sugestion with a grain of salt, since i'm not the most knowledgeble (is this even a word?) player, however i think you should move to arkadia for better markup.

Toodles

I respect that you are sticking with ores. With the new system, I can never resist the temptation of bouncing between ores and enmaters... and then I end up dropping both which burns my probes and finder faster
attachment.php

Subscribing... good luck
attachment.php

Hello there.

I too am a new player and inexperienced miner that has just been starting out.

Comparing your experience to my own i can point out that the hit rate/average return is very similar, i too am hitting an average of 90%, and i too am only mining ores.

However, i am able to profit, 105-115% in all of my runs, and that's mostly because i'm mining ores that have a much higher markup than yours, and that's only possible in arkadia.

So, take this sugestion with a grain of salt, since i'm not the most knowledgeble (is this even a word?) player, however i think you should move to arkadia for better markup.

Toodles

Thanks for the info and advice. I have heard that Ark is excellent for mining, but I would rather stay on Caly for the time being where there is a good market to sell my ores. Good luck!

Cheers

Uhm, people are still saying "I profit coz I mine higher MU stuff" but to be honest with you. Even if you mine areas that have previously given you good MU ore or well known areas you can still do a run and pull all the shit MU ore.

Even cycling your good spots yield crap runs. It depends how the system plays on any given run/ session.

Uhm, people are still saying "I profit coz I mine higher MU stuff" but to be honest with you. Even if you mine areas that have previously given you good MU ore or well known areas you can still do a run and pull all the shit MU ore.

Even cycling your good spots yield crap runs. It depends how the system plays on any given run/ session.

R u saying that once u get gazz in an area and next time u go there u can get zinc ? or gazz but just the one with shit MU ? i m confused !!

I know all the areas have more then 1 kind of ores but every has 1 ore in more margin then others..That is the only reason we always talk about 'Avg MU'

Pick an area that gives u best 'Avg MU' and stick with it. When u have a nice run u will make nice profit and if u have a bad run the MU will cover some loss.

Your return changes along the system but not the type of "Ore" it only changes when u change the "area'.

regards + gl

stilll waiting for ur results of a run in which u hit the global though :smoke::smoke:

Hello there.

Toodles

Greetings Dirty, welcome to mining. Writing down your runs is a great thing and with your discipline, I believe you can break even and later even profit once you know places with a better MU.

As long as you don't do ped-sucking stuff like overlapping, try FOMA amped without knowing exactly what you do, etc. MU is your best friend. kleus is right, that it is easier to find big areas with better MU on Ark. But, EVERY planet has good regions. Challenge on Eudoria is that regions are much much smaller than on Amethera, Arkadia and to some degree on Rocktropia.

Each planet has a basic ore worth 1 or 2 pec that can be mined with tt-miner easily because it starts at 5m depth. On Calypso this is Lysterium, on Arkadia Ospra and on Rocktropia Alternative.

Keep us posted about your nice mining-runs :smoke:

Phymorra

Great thread, great work

I'm relatively new to Entropia as well. Just about to get into mining. I love the profiling of your progress that you're doing, you've inspired me to index my exploits into mining via Excel.

I've subscribed, can't wait to hear more news, best of luck :)

Hey Miners,

I'm back from vacation and will be posting more results soon so stay tuned and keep the advice coming!

Cheers

Run 3

Hello Miners,

I've finally found some time to post a couple runs from earlier in the month. Run 3 was excellent overall despite a slow start with very low hitrates (only 3 hits in the first 25 drops) but I kept plugging away in some new areas and was rewarded with my first global 51 ped Lysterium deposit.

I also upgraded to the F-102 for this run as I had maxed the depth on the F-101 and was no longer receiving learning period skill bonus, still using the TT extractor which seems to be very eco but slow. Despite the results of my poll, I have found most of my deposits around big mobs that basically look at me and I die :)

100 Ore Drops = 100 ped
Finder: F-102
Excavator : ME/01

Deposits
Gazz x 1
Cald x 2
Zinc x 2
Blaus x 5
Lyst x 7
Belk x 1
Iron x 4