High end mining items dropping from hunting: should it happen?

Pretender

Elite
Society
Trigger Happy
Jarod "pretender" Parker
First of all: this is NOT a bash on Star or Slupor or ANYONE who was lucky enough to loot one of those items. However, this is a question to MindArk and the community: Do YOU think it is ok to drop high end mining items from hunting?

I am ofcourse talking about the drops of improved and modified excavators from eomon. These are high end mining items that, imho, should drop from mining? If it had been from a chest, that would have atleast made some sense (instance/robot beacon/whatever), but from a creature that most active miners won't even hunt? Shouldn't they have dropped in mining instead?

Imagine it would have been seeing a mod merc BP drop...or a supremacy set being dropped in a SOOTO...

Yup, mining gear should be found via mining.

Or

Let us miners find hunting gear.

I wouldn't mind looting them while hunting...
But to be honest your guys are right, they should loot while mining.

doesn't matter, you won't find them anyway

ofc they should be found in mining SOOTO's :) We also need a range of unliimited finders dropping too, I can't believe MA have kept us on ancient crafted finders and Limited for this long :(

hunting gear can be found via mining on arkadia :scratch:

But there at least it makes sense. You're exploring an archeological site and find an ancient armor or ancient weapon.

on ark there are high end armor parts dropping to miners

i think its a good thing... let me explain.

If a hunter looted some cool hunting gear, generally its kept. Likewise for a miner.
But from a economy point of view its much better to have these items in circulation, being bought/sold. The peds/items get transferred between players, if sold on auction them ma get their slice as well.
I am sure MA would prefer to say "this year we have had a turnover of x peds" and in order for that to happen we have to be buying/selling this keeps our economy going, the peds have to go round.

So is it a problem?
its a hassle for us players, we gotta find buyers/sellers but imo the big picture says its a good thing

Should only drop from a crafter as an L item. The L extractor market is small enough that not one UL one needs to ever drop.

mining only IF we don't need ores/enmatters to craft hunting gear

With no doupt we need more items from mining drops. UL finders too is needed. That will make many mine too which might make the economy grow...

Keep in mind I'm not talking about items that are at the mid or lower levels of the spectrum, but the ones at the very end. imp/mod excavators are, along with Unl mining amps, what is considered the "end game" gear for miners.

the items dropping from treasure finds on arkadia are (from my observations) up to the point of liakon armor (mid level at best) and some melee weapens that are no where near the end spectrum for hunters. I thought the example from my first post would explain that, guess I should have elaborated a bit more on it.

Example 1: crafting lvl 5 amps, and get a mod merc in the loot window.
Example 2: mining and get an unlimited lvl 13 bp
Example 3: hunting and get a mod/imp excavator from a monster (<<<<this is what happened)

doesn't matter, you won't find them anyway

I don't care wether it's me or someone else that gets the drop. I only care that it should drop from the category it belongs in.

on ark there are high end armor parts dropping to miners

i think its a good thing... let me explain.

If a hunter looted some cool hunting gear, generally its kept. Likewise for a miner.
But from a economy point of view its much better to have these items in circulation, being bought/sold. The peds/items get transferred between players, if sold on auction them ma get their slice as well.
I am sure MA would prefer to say "this year we have had a turnover of x peds" and in order for that to happen we have to be buying/selling this keeps our economy going, the peds have to go round.

So is it a problem?
its a hassle for us players, we gotta find buyers/sellers but imo the big picture says its a good thing

Your response is valid. However, by that logic, shouldn't the high end hunting gear drop from mining/crafting instead of mobs?

Gratz again to my friend slupor, but definitely yes. Miners get like the middle finger since.. forever.

As a miner I don't mind. As long as they buy my ores to craft stuff with and hunters burn through those crafted items, I am fine with hunters and crafters getting a few odd ball mining items here and there. Plus we can still find the unlimited amps ourselves.

Also Adj, Imp and mod excavators have dropped basically ever year from emo's since I can remember so it's not a new thing.

Mining gear should definitely drop from mining, but... it does not, and most probably will not drop from mining even if this would be the longest thread in the world, so all we can hope for is a "puny" SOOTO with scales or hans, some "below-average" item drop from Ark or a CLD, but there's only a few left so the chances are slim. :)

(I'm a miner, and I know I will never get any of those cool mining items, even if they would drop, but still, they have to drop from the category the belong to)

M.

As this thread has become more about miners getting middle finger, I might contribute:

First of, did the Devs Notes about mining ever got published?

Secondly, Mindark nerf the things which you should have nerfed in 2003, like mining excavator skill ladder: http://www.entropiawiki.com/Chart.aspx?chart=Excavator

Sort the chart with Eff./PEC, and explain to me how it supports the economy to keep trade terminal excavators so efficient.

Thirdly, as far mining amps, the real moneymakers, don't drop from hunting I'm okay with it. And, drop rate of Mod/Imp excavators 1-2 per migration, how long you think people will keep buying this stuff which loses its value every migration and all the year as its only function is that it two times faster to drill claims?

Fourthly, the amount of Sooto's.... is it worth to have this feature in mining?

Eomons come once a year. They always drop some sort of interesting old school loot. End of story. Stop crying.

First, Thanks for not bashing me or my looted Mod Excavator. In my defense, I do mine :cool:

Second, I think it's good that end-game items drop few times a year. Gives hope to individuals to have a (long) shot at looting some oldskool uber gear. Where the items are looted is less relevant, as the vast majority of uber loots get sold; only a very small number of items stays with the looter. PoD and Helena comes to mind, which was a tricky one as hardly anyone had the skills to use the PoD at the time of discovery. It's mixed now (UL mining amps drop in mining claims/ SOOTO) but I do agree that miners are drawing the short straw as usual.
Third, Shameless plug , Modified Excavator is for sale

Back