Mining around Mobs

Where do you have the most success mining?

• Close to big mobs

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • 'Mob-free' zones

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Anywhere, it doesn't matter

Votes: 34 77.3%
  • Offworld

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm not telling you that!

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters

Dirty

Mature
Society
Calipso Killers
Dirty Sanchez Jr
Hello PCF Miners,

I have recently been exploring many locations across our Planet Calypso for good areas to mine on a regular basis and have noticed a trend in discovering claims in close proximity to big mobs, or at least much bigger than me! I often will die three or four times drawing mobs away from claim rods just so I can extract the resources, even after summoning the claim closer. My hitrates also seem to be consistently lower in areas which are 'mob-free.'

What have your experiences been? Is it all random?
Cast your vote and maybe together we can hammer out some mining theory and make some peds in the process!

Cheers

P.S...I'm looking for a bodyguard to ride shotgun in my Sleipnir and hunt these pesky mobs while I mine, holler at me!

Hello PCF Miners,

I have recently been exploring many locations across our Planet Calypso for good areas to mine on a regular basis and have noticed a trend in discovering claims in close proximity to big mobs, or at least much bigger than me! I often will die three or four times drawing mobs away from claim rods just so I can extract the resources, even after summoning the claim closer. My hitrates also seem to be consistently lower in areas which are 'mob-free.'

What have your experiences been? Is it all random?
Cast your vote and maybe together we can hammer out some mining theory and make some peds in the process!

Cheers

P.S...I'm looking for a bodyguard to ride shotgun in my Sleipnir and hunt these pesky mobs while I mine, holler at me!

Personally, I don't think its worth the stress factor of mining near the big mobs. But then, as per this thread > https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...e-there-are-enough-mobs-in-Eudoria&highlight=

its quite hard but not impossible to avoid them.

Some people mine in pvp4 on the the same basis as your suggesting also.

I suppose a possibility is that its less likely the mob laden area would have been mined just before you got there. But... who knows :)

gl

Personally, I don't think its worth the stress factor of mining near the big mobs. But then, as per this thread > https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...e-there-are-enough-mobs-in-Eudoria&highlight=

its quite hard but not impossible to avoid them.

Some people mine in pvp4 on the the same basis as your suggesting also.

I suppose a possibility is that its less likely the mob laden area would have been mined just before you got there. But... who knows :)

gl

Good point about being mined less frequently due to mobs, cheers.

Good point about being mined less frequently due to mobs, cheers.

Places like FOMA or Hell discredit this theory.

Places like FOMA or Hell discredit this theory.

I understand your argument, but I was mainly curious about experiences on Calypso.

I know there are areas specifically designed for mining and so the mobs are sparse or absent such as FOMA and Hell but I have read that these are actually not the best places for unamped mining and noobs like myself, and even experienced miners report below average hitrates there.

Cheers

You certainly got more chances to find somethin in an area difficult to reach..You are almost sure that the area where you mine have not been checked by others.

But you can hit nrf in Himalaya too.

FYI, some of my best claims were in odd places/dangerous places/where nobody come.

But doesn't proove anythin.

Keep mining is your best chance to find somethin great.

Good luck on the field !

I understand your argument, but I was mainly curious about experiences on Calypso.

I know there are areas specifically designed for mining and so the mobs are sparse or absent such as FOMA and Hell but I have read that these are actually not the best places for unamped mining and noobs like myself, and even experienced miners report below average hitrates there.

Cheers

FOMA isn't specifically designed for mining. Years back there was a lot of mobs in every dome I must say. It's just that it was so much easier to hunt the same mobs on planet than there and so it wasn't profitable for the dome owners to keep the spawns so most of the DNAs where killed/died out over time and now, these days, it is truly a miner heaven up there.

FOMA isn't specifically designed for mining. Years back there was a lot of mobs in every dome I must say. It's just that it was so much easier to hunt the same mobs on planet than there and so it wasn't profitable for the dome owners to keep the spawns so most of the DNAs where killed/died out over time and now, these days, it is truly a miner heaven up there.

Thanks for the info.

Just so we're clear, FOMA isn't specifically designed for mining...it is truly a miner heaven up there. Ok then, thx lol

Before Vu 10.0 i knew some places with high price ores with big mobs around, but its not important for return imo

No theory regarding mining is correct except this one : "dont think , drop and extract what you get."

Thanks for the insight everyone.
After one day of voting it looks like the majority thinks mobs have no effect on mining claims and their abundance.

Cheers

If there was such a correlation it would have been discovered and covered and exploited a long time ago.
If anyone really have empirical data to support it they would not in a million years reveal it.

Mining theory #666: Any planet designer can select themselves what and where to add spawns of various things. If they wan't this correlation they can do so, but they are not forced to. So keep an eye out for planetary patterns. If two or more good spawns always have mob spawns then it is more than likelly that the rest of the planet works the same way.

Spoiler

There is a strong correlation between ATH:s and dense gibnib spawns

p.s.
Mining theory #667: Always mirror the conclusions drawn about mining in forums. If the result says YES it means NO. This is a proven fact because many believe in the loot pools and want you to fill them up by mining in useless places.

:cool:

Back