New Ideas for MA To consid: Part 3: Weeapons, Engines, and even defensive items.."

BenCoyote

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Benjamin 'Ben' Coyote
Welcome ot Part 3 of this series, and in theis part, we talk about perhaps the main crux of where things could change for space and make it more interesting...and I mean way interesting than what it is.. And these would be the tools of the trade for pilots and piraes alike..

Part 3.. Weapons and Counter weapons., or Annie Get your gun, your bomb, or your Missile, or your decoy"

Now while currenly space is limited to only 2 weapons, (The Kismet Light Laser (L) and the HMAP-52 (Heavy Rotary Cannon which I call the "Vulcan". The weapons are only 2.. a sad shape on the commentary on how sapce right now..

The Pilot shoots the Laser, a Passenger shoots a Rotary cannon, end of story..

But what if, we throw in a new twist to the game play.. new weapons that aren't just lasers and BLP but other types of weapons that use the common ammo (Sure they do this right now with two, but what about Plasma Weapons, and Partcile Beam Weapons, and even Gauss Weapons (Rail Guns anyone?)

And yes these weapons would be like the current weapons.. Totally craftable.. Not dropped form some mob, or some rare fine.. What does this mean for the crafters? it's a win/Win Situation.. for they would be the arms dealers of the game.. the guys who craft them... and it could be that these weapons could have different stats and could be used in a variety of ways..

(I bet all you pirates right now want that Souped up Plama Gun on your quad (or new fighter)..

But wait there is more.. and this comes to mind.. cause what is one of the items that you can't buy from the termina right now? what drops from mobs? If you said, "Explosive projectiles", give yourself a cookie.

In today's Market "Explosives seem toe be the "TTT able item" of the lot, a they are only good for support weapons like Rocket Launcher..

But what if we take this idea and take the craftable items and use Explosives as a means of powering them.. Can we say fige power/

And in fact Explosives would be the mainstay of the entire missile and Bomb production.. Right now supply of Explosives is very high, and the MU on these things are almost laughable.. 101% at best..

But throw them into a missile design (Like a heat seeker or a radar Guided missile or a bomb and suddenly the entire mrket flips.. From High Supply and Low Demand, to High demand, and Low Supply.. Prices go up, the player selling these things makes money from the people who want them.. hence the win win sitch.. and if crafter s are the main stay of the item.. then Explosives might be the things for them..

(And again the pirates and Pilots are smacking theri lips like hungry dogs waiting for a juicy piece of meat)..

But let's throw a new twist into the mix.. and this is for perhaps a lame skill that isn't used that much.. Namely Decoy Dispenser.. I mean how many times do you see players getting Decoys and despnsing them.. to draw away mobs? The last time I saw someone do this was a person 3 years ago... and they had to use a lot to get a mob to a turret..and sure they get the skills, but these skills are practically useless?

But what if Decoys were droppable items as well (Like Explosives) and what if they too were created to be used as "Anti-attack systems) such as "Anti Missiles or Radar Jammers?

(I bet some of the pilots would love to hove those as well..

But then by having ptools like this skills would go up.. Heavy weapons skills would increase and in fact some new skill sets could be created.. (Projectile Launcher crafters could come into play and firing a missile or jamming would help in your defensive skills including that lame Decoy dispenser one..

(and this comes from a person who has never dropped a decoy in his life and who has a Decoy Dispenser score of 1..)

But imagine this.. weapons of a wide variety, a lot of different hitting powers and again craftable.. Another win win situation for both the player and MA.. I mean UncvleMo tgot the idea right in one of his videos.. and it involves that if MA wants to make money, they need to focus on the crafting table and the Auction house, and not the Trade Terminal.. Craftng weapons and skills are now a lost art unless you're crafting a gun, and even then the guns are not totally craftable (MA should ditch the whole (Drop items from loot idea. No guns, just decoys and explosives.. and then drop for the crafter the BP,s that use some items that have very low MU (Basic Processors anyone?)

Next Up.. Engine.. and power sources..

In Part 2, I suggested the idea about power sources other than just oil.. Oil is in over abundance, but just like any game, oil supplies should dwindle and fall sometimes, until a new one comes out, but then look at perhaps the most neglected market of them all. The Mind Essence Market..)

Sure MineEssence is used for Attack Chips and even Strick Chips.. Cyntheic is the bet way for those.. But what if ME suddenly became a powersource as the reserves on each planet got low.. suddenly new te3ch would have to be developed and the fuel could be the regular ME (With Force Nexus and Seweat being the catalysts..

Let's face it, the Sweat Market is in a rut.. a 1.5 ped per K rut.. Some of the starting players whou want t get into game and who don't want to depo, could actually sell their sweat for a higher price (After all look at the real world and OPEC.. Saudi Arabia controls a vast amount of the oil market.. but what if suddenly America comes up with Ethanol (The ME ) that uses a bit of sweat (Fermenting0 and Force Nexus (The Corn meal)

Can we say.. New fuel source?

This is something me and a former Player discussed.. if ME was the fuel source, and the vehicles had to be rerofitted or crafted with the new source in mned, it could help drive the sadly shortened Sweat market.. and maybe more sweaters would come into game and work harder. Right now I woul like to point out that a lot of players sell their sweat for 1.5 Ped perK.. compared to 5 years ago whn it was 5 ped for abut 3 -4 hours work
(And considering that sweat takes 23-4 hours to gather, 5 ped means a 1.25 ped per hou salary for the real hard workers who want to get their defenses up..)

So yes Fuel would be in the form of ME, and this brings us up to the next section..

Miniwarp engines.. Remeber the famous scene where fighter s and Capital ships jump to the death satar in Return of the Jedi? This could be the same way.. but the thing is that it could be workable for both sides..

While Warp engines on Motherships and Privateers can take you a long way.. Mini warp engines would make you hop across shorter distances in space.. and thus you could get out of a pirate attack and land in another area..

I mean remember Han Solo doing that Warp jump in the Original Star Wars? One bad jump and it could be all over.. and it would force a pilot (or a pirate ) to use cool thining and try to figr out where their prey or how to elude the pirate) just by using a miniwarp..

and just like it is currently leave the "Break warp" TYactic i place.. Pirates do need a target to go after..

But then when in warp, no one can shoot, but they could pursue, they they could figgure out where they (The Pilot) is headed, and this comes back to what is said in part 1.. Team communication..

Targeting is fine, but knowing or guessing where you prey is is half the fun. Guess right, and get rewarded. Guess wrong and someone else gets away.. a big game of chess..

This is why these things need to be in splace. New weapons, New engines for said miniwarps..
and new Counter measures to make it more challenging..

Part 4 is up next, and this brings out the real danger of space.. and I'm not talking about pireatees either.. Mobs and Space Hazards...and I mean major hazards..

Benjamin "Ben" Coyote (Call sign Coyote)
A.k.a. "The Blind Sniper"

Back