Question: My opinion about mining today

eddric

Stalker
Society
Jurai Blood
eddric massive slasher
no rares, no beacon, no stones, no SOOTO, no globals(5k tt probes dropped) just everyday is the same
ah btw skills gains have been modified I AM 100% SURE. :yup:
I was gonna write nothing here, cause nothing to say really

no rares, no beacon, no stones, no SOOTO, no globals(5k tt probes dropped) just everyday is the same

5k ped probes dropped unamped?(how long did it take 14h?)

I look at your entropielife.com profile and you dont seem to be very active miner (some rare unamped globals).

Yes it is possible to get no globals in 5000peds tt dropped but if you mine unamped you are not after globals.

What was your tt return and where did you mine?

This normal?

My regular mining spot, used to give me 95% TT returns amped or higher unamped. I took a two month break after this in july and august. Now my mining spot gives a 71% return over 1800 spent. I'm using level 2 amps only, is this normal at all or has something changed?

Globals are much rarer and the small loots aren't making up for the lack of globals - pretty shitty in general due to all the whiners on forum crying everytime someone else hits something good.

My regular mining spot, used to give me 95% TT returns amped or higher unamped. I took a two month break after this in july and august. Now my mining spot gives a 71% return over 1800 spent. I'm using level 2 amps only, is this normal at all or has something changed?

I'd say that's on the low end of the distribution for "normal". If one of my miners were getting that I would closely examine their technique. Could just be bad luck though.

Nothing has changed. Your hit rate is just bad and not enough cycling.
Well like I said, I just came off a break so haven't managed to cycle my entire bankroll yet. But to me this isn't normal especially since I know my area's well enough now and know the dips and peaks of it also. I will carry on dropping and see what happens.

I'd say that's on the low end of the distribution for "normal". If one of my miners were getting that I would closely examine their technique. Could just be bad luck though.
Keep in mind I have already mapped out the region so I know what I will get and find 100% of the time. I'm dropping like any other average joe, at double the finders range so 110m or max 120 between drops. Mining in straight lines is my preferred method also. Am I doing it wrong or bad luck maybe?

Globals are much rarer and the small loots aren't making up for the lack of globals - pretty shitty in general due to all the whiners on forum crying everytime someone else hits something good.

probably more to it than that....

p.s. your dig didn't go unnoticed ;)

Slither about sums it up in my opinion...I was happy before mining got messed with . Now it's just kinda boring and uneventful..

You can ask around that I am a VERY active miner and I log in everyday for at least 2-3 hours for a mining run. I craft my 105-108% MU bits at the end, which usually a + or a very small - .

I have a few good old spots which make me break even most of the time, if not profit. out of 5k tt probes, I did that with a budget of 200 peds, and still hanging around 150 peds in pocket. so not bad imo, but if I cant global, I am doomed to lose at the end no matter how far I endure.

I am mainly on the spot that mining is not bad for miners like me who find claims in there spots no matter what, but non-globalling kills the amp fun, also non-to-very little-existence of SOOTOs and beacons and no DNA stuff like that too.

I am starting a log today so you will better understand me.

My opinion about Mining today:

"Planet Calypso <planetcalypso@entropiauniverse.com>
31 Of July
To <removed email>
Entropia Universe Account Inactivity

Hi Gorranian,

We noticed that you haven't been logged in to Entropia Universe for a time now and we don't want you to miss the opportunity of being a continuous part of our virtual community."...

I'm not a full time miner, but I definitely mine less that I used to, because as is stands now, almost nothing happens.

I don't disagree with the idea of making returns less volatile than they were (although I was well adapted to those settings) but I think they overdid it.

If, for the sake of explanation, mining volatility is set with a single knob, and they moved it 10 clicks towards boring (every claim is V), they should go back a good 3 or 4 clicks towards volatility. The occasional SOOTO, etc., wouldn't hurt either.

Hunting changes seem much more reasonable than the mining changes.

:beerchug:
Miles

Last edited:
Quit mining and start dealing with the losses at hunting ;)

Maybe its best we all work it out for ourselves...smiles

good night

Rick

Last edited:
wtf is this thread about? are u expecting regular same amount of foundings all the time? lol/ yesterday i had my worth run on caly and ARK! quite 20 in row NOTHING - ant i dropped all types (treasures) also, SO WHAT? This is the game, everything changes..and this is your what you have to do as a miner - to find out ehre and when to mine..not just stupid regular drops. This game can give you extra drops (gotg ath=) , thats why they have right just to remove loot some time hehe....

Have not tried mining in new VU. But in this "even newer mining system" I got less and smaller claims, still in absence of globals with level 5 amp. 50-80% runs are common but nothing to save the day.

Last edited:
Have not try mining in new VU. But in this "even newer mining system" I got less and smaller claims, still in absence of globals with level 5 amp. 50-80% runs are common but nothing to save the day.
80% returns can now be common place unamped. It's *ucking retarded.

And now in Calypso your average find in ore is about 2.60-2.80 ped and before was 2.50-4ped . Only gamblers in foma and hell can win this days .

i currently have 2 hglobals on my unamped log

one took a TO of 10.900 ped the next only 2.200 ped

for the guy who has 20 nrf.. switch area

tt % is hanging at 90.57 % with a TO of 14k ped

and no ores on Ark atm for me......

for the guy who has 20 nrf.. switch area

checked like all ARK - just dead for me for 2nd day....) 37 lvl prospector

oh yeah....i found 6 ped vase :D

More than 600 ematter and ore claims found with one Global.

About 40% with level 3 Amp SGA

More than 1200 resources found with one Claim over 50 ped

Never ever had such a big amount of finds with only one Global in it.

I think my Avatar forgot how to find Globals

the risk mining on planetis higher then on FOMA for me today=) hope it changes,,,hehe

checked like all ARK - just dead for me for 2nd day....) 37 lvl prospector

well you never know with all the server resets atm

i just did 100ped enmatter only on caly and return was 68% just above bad :p

so i would say normal for this bugridden VU

gl man

Will definately take a break from mining till this is sorted out.

Unfortunatly im in the same basket. I was cycling many many thousands of peds in mining every day for a long while now. But have come to a grinding halt in the last 3 weeks. Returns went from a solid 91.43% TT return overall my EU career crashing all the way to 78.81% in TT returns. Which in my opinion is a huge shift considering the amount of data.. Was mostly 50% returns to the odd 105%.

But anyways ive moved on still looking for other lucrative things to do atm. Something will come along :D

Ath big!

Last edited:
This VU made 90% mining unamped turn into consistent 65% tt returns.

Back