Hunt the LA, WIN the LA! - Discussion Thread.

morey

Elite
Society
Freelancer
Aurisk Morey Kenbi
Last edited:
GeorgeSkywalker said:
Realistictically though a normal player and normal team would find this impossible. Which is the whole point I was making.

George, it's actually very good event. There just one prize forgotten, but it's most achievable, and in very short time.

It's called "basic math". Well, not everyone will get even that one, though.

65000/4 = just 16250 globals on great mining area with great stuff like crude, copper, growth and other, very nice MU stuff. Well, I am mining more than 2.5 years, and I am not so active of course, since I have just less than 10000 globals, half of them from HELL tho. Probably my skills suck and knowledge.

I think, if I would camp that LA right from beginning of my mining (assuming event started 2.5 year ago) - I would be 2/3 time on my way to that LA!

SIG HEIL!
Pyhä Antero said:
It must be your knowledge, if you need more it's just 10k away (sig), also have you considered the teaming up option where someone mines north, someone south....

Yup! and that's 16250 globals if you are only mining... Mining globals are so easy with lv 13 amps. You can combine Hunting and Mining with however amount of team members as well. I don't think our prizes are hard to obtain... they might be too easy!

For fluske and his team... while globaling easy mode, he can get 20 globals a day, which = 100 points in our competition. Hardcore he can do over 60 in one day.

if there are 5 people in fluske's team, they would probably do at least 100 globals a day, which is 500 points daily.

65000/500 = 130 days. alittle over 4 months to complete... at EASY MODE CRUISING SPEED. with only 5 members. ofc you can have 20 members if you wanted to... totally up to the competator.

Atrax also globals much easier than ambu or argos.... so points are much easier to obtain than akoz's event.

Of course, you can always redeem CLDs as well. They are only 200 globals away for each one :)

Last edited:
Yup! and that's 16250 globals if you are only mining... Mining globals are so easy with lv 13 amps. You can combine Hunting and Mining with however amount of team members as well. I don't think our prizes are hard to obtain... they might be too easy!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
sarcasm detector missing here :D

sry for this troll, too funny..

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
sarcasm detector missing here :D

sry for this troll, too funny..

Haha I noticed the actual meaning of Pyhä Antero's post a little late. A bit of understanding fail on my part hehe.

Suppose I have a team of 10-20 people doing this event with me, is their a way for their mining globals to count towards the team score, or can mining only count for individuals?

Just make sure everyone is in a team with the same name as the registered team name.

You can have have multiple teams running with the same name. we dont discriminate there :)

Just make sure everyone is in a team with the same name as the registered team name.

You can have have multiple teams running with the same name. we dont discriminate there :)

Mining globals don't register team names, only personal names, thats why im asking how that is handled.

When I first read about these "win the LA" competitions I was thinking of that film "The Neverending Story" but on reflection with concentrated team efforts I'm sure they are doable.

Be interesting to see how they unfold :)

Yup! and that's 16250 globals if you are only mining... Mining globals are so easy with lv 13 amps.

Thanks for the tip! Okay, I will use lvl13s.

For my experience, such amount of globals - it's just turnover of 6.65m PED, and will take just 3 years and 3 months and one week of almost non-stop mining, in my low-skilled, slow mining.

With your really good tip - we will use lvl13, and thus, we will make it way faster! Let's skip drilling calculations for crude, belkar, lysterium and alicenies - they drilling fast. Also let's skip planetary-specific mining too - it's fast too, just 110 meters move instead of 50 at FOMA/HELL.

Also, suppose that great mining LA have no boundaries, and let's skip respawn time - we can smash it non-stop, and will be happy.

Let's just buy 19558 lvl13s amps (also 322707 TT of probes) and make 215138 double-drops, and we won!

6650000 ped TT of lvl13s, I think, NZR will make discount for me (NZR, will you?), so I can pay not 150% for them, but just 140%.

Well, suppose, I have no decay (fck those small numbers) and I have 100% return from mining (yeah, since I using lvl13s!), I will just pay 2 millions 660 thousands PED of MU and will win 180k LA!

Seems legit. I think, I am into that event, but I need to think a bit more, since something I can't understand still.

Thanks for tip!

Suppose I have a team of 10-20 people doing this event with me, is their a way for their mining globals to count towards the team score, or can mining only count for individuals?

I will count the mining for the team for all individuals. However, I need to know all of the names of team members.. and if you add anybody during the event, I need to know. Those individuals cannot be participating solo. otherwise, it should be good to go just like before.

Edit: no time now, but I will add this detail to main post when I get back

Thanks for the tip! Okay, I will use lvl13s.

For my experience, such amount of globals - it's just turnover of 6.65m PED, and will take just 3 years and 3 months and one week of almost non-stop mining, in my low-skilled, slow mining.

With your really good tip - we will use lvl13, and thus, we will make it way faster! Let's skip drilling calculations for crude, belkar, lysterium and alicenies - they drilling fast. Also let's skip planetary-specific mining too - it's fast too, just 110 meters move instead of 50 at FOMA/HELL.

Also, suppose that great mining LA have no boundaries, and let's skip respawn time - we can smash it non-stop, and will be happy.

Let's just buy 19558 lvl13s amps (also 322707 TT of probes) and make 215138 double-drops, and we won!

6650000 ped TT of lvl13s, I think, NZR will make discount for me (NZR, will you?), so I can pay not 150% for them, but just 140%.

Well, suppose, I have no decay (fck those small numbers) and I have 100% return from mining (yeah, since I using lvl13s!), I will just pay 2 millions 660 thousands PED of MU and will win 180k LA!

Seems legit. I think, I am into that event, but I need to think a bit more, since something I can't understand still.

Thanks for tip!

Yes, if you disregard MU, give away all of your loot... that way you'll have mining return of 0% so you will pay the whole 2 mil :). Other mining details on timing and respawn, etc, you and your team can work it out.

We do not intend the LA to be redeemed solely by mining thus we have hunting, and we have teams to make it easy.

Yes, if you disregard MU, give away all of your loot... that way you'll have mining return of 0% so you will pay the whole 2 mil :). Other mining details on timing and respawn, etc, you and your team can work it out.

Yes, Eve, you have totally missed the possibility that crude's demand could be huge, and MU just humongous. Also, forget the bro science of 90%, it's all about the timing. :cool:

Now let's go without sarcasm, since what written above showing your complete ignorance, or that you don't pay attention or not reading, or not understanding at all, what I saying.

It's clearly seen "investor/reseller" tactic: "fuck details, fuck facts, fuck numbers, fuck any arguments - we will sell it in any case".

Okay, this is "normal" for EU.

"We don't know how it works, and fuck it too - we will sell it".

This is "normal" for EU too.

We do not intend the LA to be redeemed solely by mining thus we have hunting, and we have teams to make it easy.

No.

You did intended event, where top prizes isn't achievable practically. And not only top ones - even middle ones. Even theoretically if you can achieve it - you will pay stupid price. I showed numbers above. And those numbers even less than they should be.

MindArk with their iron-silver and other missions and ladders, with all their skilling curves and even with their nerfs is just kids, compared to you.

Since what they did - achievable.

You know? Even our "space piwates" is just angels. They never did such massive ripoff plan and go in public with it before start.

I'm pretty sure it is do-able. Team up as soc, and u can get it in a few months. The only thing
why i would not do it is the tax. lets say u have to turnover 1 Million ped to get 3000 globals in hunting...
means 4 Million peds turnover at all. Taxed with 4 %... 160 K ped Tax. + another 5% loss (200 K ped) in TT (if u get 95 % returns all time). And u cant be sure all the time that
u will be the first one to hit the necessary amount of Globals. If my soc had 160 K ped, i would buy an LA directly. But since alot ppl waste taxes all time on alot different LAs... why not on this LA to win an LA...

Also i would not call it a rip off. its a big gamble... same as MA does every day. Or do u think that the New Modified Level 2 Finder amp Blueprints that actually cost 300 ped EACH CLICK !!!! will give u better returns than hunting on a taxed LA ?

Guys, come on.

First, this is a competition. Not a charity. U cant aspect these people to hand u an LA on a silver plate.
U hunt and mine like normal. But when taxed, u get a chance to win bigger.

For mining, lvl 13 on there is normal for those gamblers. I seen people using lvl 13's on kaz. wanting to hit their ATH. Every player has their own style of playing. Let it be.
The LA team here is making hunting interesting. Like Akoz and BIG Industries too.

So I'm gonna say thank you to those hosting this amazing event.
ANd all the best to u guys.

Regards,
Legend

why i would not do it is the tax. lets say u have to turnover 1 Million ped to get 3000 globals in hunting...
means 4 Million peds turnover at all. Taxed with 4 %... 160 K ped Tax. + another 5% loss (200 K ped) in TT (if u get 95 % returns all time). And u cant be sure all the time that
u will be the first one to hit the necessary amount of Globals. If my soc had 160 K ped, i would buy an LA directly

This pretty much sums it up.

It is by no way worth even going for the 1st price since the effort (and huge amount of time) to get it doesnt pay off. Do the math,.. try lowering those required points OR make it that you get more points for bigger globals/HOFs (like 10points for 100pedder or 65.000points for 650.000PED ATH :rolleyes: )

Can you set the points so I can win a land area in 1 week and only 2hours hunting a day?

Now let's go without sarcasm, since what written above showing your complete ignorance, or that you don't pay attention or not reading, or not understanding at all, what I saying.
dr3w, I responded to you in the same manner as your post. Complete ignorance is ignoring your question. Can you clarify what you were asking?

Why other people hunt LAs? It's because of the high MU loots which profits the hunter. If you only count tt-value of course you will lose out 3.90% (tax rate) more, but if you do your math again with the mu of loot of anything higher than 105% and tt the rest, you'll get a much different result ;). If we had a Daikiba land for you to hunt on instead... bye bye MU, and your math up there would be accurate.

First, this is a competition. Not a charity. U cant aspect these people to hand u an LA on a silver plate.
U hunt and mine like normal. But when taxed, u get a chance to win bigger.
Exactly! You can't expect events to run without some idea of profit in mind, much like the rest of businesses currently active in EU or anywhere in world lol... we're businesses, and profit generation is the purpose. That said, not all events have profit in mind, but you can't expect huge prizes comming out of those.

This pretty much sums it up.

It is by no way worth even going for the 1st price since the effort (and huge amount of time) to get it doesnt pay off. Do the math,.. try lowering those required points OR make it that you get more points for bigger globals/HOFs (like 10points for 100pedder or 65.000points for 650.000PED ATH )

Atrax here globals much easier than argo or ambus, so you could be getting them faster. Individual Land areas cost 100-700k PED typically... and BIG's rextelum LA is probably worth more than 700k. We're giving this for 65k points or 180k ped straight up if someone reaches this after we sell it, that's like getting a globals amp of just over 15ped/global. You dont need to go for LAs if it's too much, there are CLDs and nice guns too!

Last edited:
Morey I dont understand...
I need to complain about something...

It is not fair that it is mandatory to join your event! (oh wait, its not)
It is not fair that I need peds to hunt, I want to hunt for free and win a free LA.
If I sweat 2 Ambus can I win the MM?

It pisses me off seeing these crying bitches, that have to complain about everything.
If you dont want to fucking join a event dont fucking join it... go play Travian or play with you Barbies

dr3w, I responded to you in the same manner as your post. Complete ignorance is ignoring your question. Can you clarify what you were asking?

Clarify? Why I need to pay 2 millions 660 thousands PED of MU for lvl13 amps and then "win" 180k LA? Where is reason to join event, where everyone is fucked right from beginning, because of hunting crap and mining crap for YEARS?

If you will answer - please, provide numbers and math.

If you're not ready - please don't answer. And good luck in ripping off players with false advertising and complete incompetence in markups and percentage of returns from hunting and mining, even WITHOUT TAX, which I did even not included in my calculations.

@qamori
Meh, comes with the managing the event, all expected... You can still win the prizes and enjoy the game without em.

Happy Globals! :D

Clarify? Why I need to pay 2 millions 660 thousands PED of MU for lvl13 amps and then "win" 180k LA? Where is reason to join event, where everyone is fucked right from beginning, because of hunting crap and mining crap for YEARS?

If you will answer - please, provide numbers and math.

If you're not ready - please don't answer. And good luck in ripping off players with false advertising and complete incompetence in markups and percentage of returns from hunting and mining, even WITHOUT TAX, which I did even not included in my calculations.

Well, we'll just say you're math needs abit of work, and I've already highlighted what you've missed... think about it this way, if what you said was true, we won't have any participants. Just say that one line to yourself a few times before replying :)

Well, we'll just say you're math needs abit of work, and I've already highlighted what you've missed... think about it this way, if what you said was true, we won't have any participants. Just say that one line to yourself a few times before replying :)

Yes, a bit of work, including your tax + true return percentages + time + true avg markup from shit resources and crap mobs = absolute impossibility to win not only LAs but also even middle prizes.

Great, you will a bit "boost" your tax, while keeping prizes guaranteed. A bit - since even people who doesn't calc/don't want to calc - they will face reality from first two days - how they losing money.

Why you having any participants? Because they can register for free. It doesn't mean they will participate.

And what you can say (except numbers of course - since you taking your "points" not even from your head), it's complete bullshit like:

Why other people hunt LAs? It's because of the high MU loots which profits the hunter.

Brilliant. Crude oil markup from your LA better than crude oil from outside. Oh, wait - "hunter"! Well, seems TT-food from Atroxes and Shinkibas have better MU than TT-food from those monsters outside?

Even your tax adding MU to them it seems, yeah.

If you only count tt-value of course you will lose out 3.90% (tax rate) more, but if you do your math again with the mu of loot of anything higher than 105% and tt the rest, you'll get a much different result ;). If we had a Daikiba land for you to hunt on instead... bye bye MU, and your math up there would be accurate.

If you count also return of 90% avg, if you count MU of (L) weapon which will be used mainly by participants, and do YOUR math again while getting BASIC knowledge of the game - maybe you will see who you are.

Atrax here globals much easier than argo or ambus, so you could be getting them faster.

Ambu - 61.07 avg global per day
Argo - 79.93 avg global per day
Atrax - 2.03 avg global per day

Exactly! You can't expect events to run without some idea of profit in mind, much like the rest of businesses currently active in EU or anywhere in world lol... we're businesses, and profit generation is the purpose. That said, not all events have profit in mind, but you can't expect huge prizes comming out of those.

You're not a business. You're a fucking scam.

Hmm....don't mind me, but I'll just go ahead and plug in some numbers to do some calculations....just for fun since I'm bored.

Assumptions:
LA tax rate = 3.90%
Global rate = 3% (roughly see it between 1% to 5% the total number of kills)

- Mob hunted is assumed to be atrax alpha (670 HP).

- Loot value is roughly given out at 0.03 peds per 10 HP (more or less)...so for atrax alpha, average loot value is around 2.01 peds then.

- Income earned from tax is directly upon the tt value of loot...so therefore if loot claimed is 2 peds, then 0.078 peds is taken away as tax while player only gets 1.922 peds.

So if you more or less are agreeable with these assumptions....then let us carry on...

Calculations:
Goal to win LA = 65,000 points
Number of globals needed = 13,000 (@5 points per global)
Number of kills needed to reach 13,000 globals = ~433,333 kills (@3% rate of globalling)

So if theoretically, each atrax alpha kill would earn the LA owner 0.078 peds, then at ~433,333 kills would mean that the owner bags from this winner a total amount of 33,799.974 peds.

So how's that sound? Better for you or better for the LA owner? Well, if you ask me...unless there's sufficient people hunting there, it would seem like a bad deal for the owner imo. Unless of course my calculations and/or assumptions are flawed that is.

What do you think?

As for going about it the mining way, then its far more difficult to achieve imo, since I'm tracking like 1 to 2 globals per 400+ to 500 drops (doing enmatter, unamped)...which does seem like a whole lot lower than hunting.

Disclaimer:
If you were wondering...all these values I get are extrapolated from low level hunting and mining...so I hardly global and thus the lack of "proof" in weight of what I am saying...so feel free to disagree if you must. Just don't take it the wrong way...

Last edited:
4 globals from 10000 argo scouts (bronze)

And when I did iron argo - there was whooping 26 globals per full mission - 16600 kills.

Apply those stats in your calcs.

Hmm....hope you don't mind again....but there appears to be a slight error in your "4 globals" from 10,000 argo scouts assumption I think.

You forgot to take into account that HP scales and hence would skew the number of globals that you may seem to get. For example, if I hunted caraboks, would I even get a "global" in your definition's sense? I would reckon never.

But the 3% value I assumed takes into account of the HP scaling....somewhat...(I must admit...its not without its flaws and does not reflect reality perfectly.)

And naturally, if you hunt a lower hp mob, the rate of globalling would drop lower than 3% and whilst hunting higher hp mobs would net you more than 3%...maybe closer towards the 5% value I guess. But still...needed an assumption and so I took a rough average/estimate.

Btw, would you mind telling me how much HP argonaut scouts have? Entropedia's value seems weird...

Last edited:
You forgot to take into account that HP scales and hence would skew the number of globals that you may seem to get. For example, if I hunted caraboks, would I even get a "global" in your definition's sense? I would reckon never.

2012-08-15_--_carabok_puny_51_ped.jpg

Congratz then...I've never had that sort of luck. ^_^ But nonetheless, the number of globals from them should be way way less than 1%?

So what's the hp of argonaut scouts? Maybe we can use that to extrapolate a more decent % to plug into the calculations?

Congratz then...I've never had that sort of luck. ^_^ But nonetheless, the number of globals from them should be way way less than 1%?

So what's the hp of argonaut scouts? Maybe we can use that to extrapolate a more decent % to plug into the calculations?

The problem is in our perception of "global system". Globals and luck have nothing in common, even more - in EU luck doesn't exist, but it's fucking offtopic.

Anyway, I can global (and everyone) almost on everything, it's all doesn't matter.

Dunno about entropedia and HPs - but I clearly remember that argo youngs and adults was globalling way more often than scouts.

The point of that whole shit is - the event is another "dead" event right from beginning.

And funny, no even SIG-word! Seems it was like:

(cast) M: morey; D: divinity

*sounds of teleportation*
M: Hi!
D: Hi... where the fuck your SIG dues for last three months, we will...
M: Wait! I got badass idea! (event idea showed on wide plasma)
D: Well, it's pure ripoff, and actually it will not work good, and...
M: We will lost fucking nothing, and even if some idiots will crawl in CLDs they will redeem them for insane price!!!
D: Oh, morey, this is unfair... but... fuck it's our LA... Ok, do it.
M: Cool, thx!!!111
D: And no "SIG PRESENTS", you're on your own, fuck your own reputation, not ours!
M: .... *sound of teleportation*
D: And don't forget your dues... ah, fuck it.

Thanks sawachika for your indepth explanations, as well as others who were logically explaining our competition earlier; Much appreciated. :)

It's difficult for some players to grasp a concept especially when they are simply rejecting what you are saying without really thinking about it again. So, for them, just prove them wrong by participating and redeeming the prizes. No need to go in loops trying to explain the obvious over and over again, it's not worth my time, and it's certainly not worth yours.

Have fun, global easier with our more mature mobs, and get some awesome prizes ;D

It's difficult for some players to grasp a concept especially when they are simply rejecting what you are saying without really thinking about it again.

It's very easy for most people to tell bullshit without numbers, without math. You still didn't showed any. What you're "highlighted" - it was absence of MU in my calcs. Sure, because there is NO MU. But you insisted that there is. Another bullshit.

Oh, osseo added! Good, but will not work anyway.

So, for them, just prove them wrong by participating and redeeming the prizes.

Yes, idiots, go on.

Back